Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I am not defending piquet, he is racist he can go to hell for all I care. I have called out a lot of racist people in my life, and in every case, their friends would come and say "oh no she is not a racist, she is a good person" but usually the person would be the first-class bully their friend just doesn't know it. In a case like this, is it fine to focus on this friend and make a drama out of her instead of focusing on the main case raised?. That is what I am against it. Just because max knew nelson doesn't mean we have to analyse every breath he takes and make a drama out of it and leave the main issue unattended. focus on nelson and that idiot bully instead of focusing on max
No one is not focused on the issue though...as Lewis said, its a much bigger problem than a few comments. I just think everyone was hoping that Max would send out a strong condemnation regardless of his relationship with NP and the family. As it is, it's just blown up and by saying these things can be sorted out over a chat, it looks like he's minimising the abuse that people of colour have to live with.
I get that you like Max, I like Max (although this has made me like him a bit less ngl), but he's a grown ass man who just made a disappointing statement. It's not a witch hunt.

Reactions: 14

lni33

VIP Member
Sorry everyone else but dream podium this weekend is Lando, Lewis, George

just think it would be incredibly cool to have 3 Brits up there at Silverstone πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§

• Heart

lni33

VIP Member
My one thing to say on the racism row, as I missed it when I was away from tattle, obviously I’m not defending Juri at all, I think what he did was terrible, however, drivers like Daniel and Carlos have also been racist and are just thriving without a care in the world whilst Juris career is basically ruined… I can only hope moving forward punishments are equal for everyone, they need to properly crack down on it, no more apologies and getting away with slaps on the wrist

• Heart

Sebs Scooter

VIP Member
Whew that was a lot to catch up on this morning!! Race weekend begins! I always watch FP after work and school so will be avoiding spoilers until then but so far:
-Happy Birthday DR! I'm not a DR super fan but it's hard not to love him
-Lando and Lu are an adorable couple
-Roscoe!!!
-Max definitely has veneers

Leaving you with the latest pic my sister sent me to endlessly make fun of my Fernando crush. Try to stay dry when looking at it...See you all at the end of the day!

tumblr_93035cb8378bc71fa00b69e8de7b588f_6448b275_500.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart

imolathesecond

VIP Member
He said " I think the wording that was used, even though of course with different kinds of culture and things they said when they were little and younger,was not correct. Let it be a lesson for the future not to use the word, because it is very offensive and especially nowadays it gains more traction " by this he means even it was used in different context in their culture it was not correct, atleast that is what I am getting.if he had said that word was wrong but it has different context in their culture I would have agreed with your point of view, what he really said it has different word in their culture but it is better not to use it, not the other way around . "People of course label him as a racist now, which I don't think he is, but I fully agree that you cannot use those words". I agree he should not certify that nelson is not racist because he has spent some time with him because people usually wont reveal their true self to every one.
But then he went on to say β€œAs he said, it can be interpreted in two ways, and of course people pick up on the bad side and it gets really blown out of proportion, because I know Nelson personally." - this unravels every good word he may or may not have said before. Of course he won't say it's a great word and people should use it more often, he knows how incredibly stupid that would be (not that I think this is his opinion but generally speaking). But this sentence in particular and him thinking he knows what's racist behaviour or not, if Nelson was being racist or not, as a white man is baffling. He doesn't get to decide if he's expressed racist behaviour or not.

And I really believe people should focus on what nelson and Bernie said not what max said. Whatever max opinion can be, it doesn't matter and deviate people from what nelson and Bernie said.
Well I think one can do both as they're both really bad - they should both be addressed. I can like Max but still call him out on his bullshit, just like I can simultaneously condemn what Bernie and Nelson did. The one thing that shouldn't be done is pretending that thing Lando said about George is more important, because it isn't - not when there are serious racist remarks being thrown around like no big deal.

Last edited:

Zez.06

I am so nervous angry everything
Piquet is racist and homophobic

If Nelson talks like this on an interview no way he talks any better in a family event. I really doubt Kelly and Max never heard him say anthing racist or offensive.

• Sad
  • Sick

imolathesecond

VIP Member
he never made excuses for racial slurs
He's literally said that it means something else in a cultural context but people are only focusing on the bad and Nelson is actually a really nice guy. How is that not making excuses for racial slurs? He's literally defending the man who's been throwing racial abuse at the sole black man of the sport.

I think particularly in Max’s case because his fan army have shown racist behaviour towards Lewis as well that he should have put out a strong statement against it. He is, like it or not, an ambassador for the sport and its supposed ideals. Excusing what was said by saying he is a nice person to me, a white man, is bullshit to be honest.
Yeah exactly, and because it was a statement Nelson made to praise him. He's been involved from the start and had a chance to really make an impression on his fans and the F1 community and blew it.

• Heart

lni33

VIP Member
Whats this about? Anyone know anything about a fight?

bloody hell, let’s not ruin it idiots

• Wow