Formula 1 Wags #61

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Press conference in 30 mins
I’ve heard this is false and they are just going to release a statement before leaving the track for the evening
The guy who posted about the conference used a picture from fp2 meeting and is an mbl commentator

Reactions: 1
It probably ultimately didn’t come down to them. They fought hard.
I'd say it was a "we'll let you have a chat about it but this is what's happening" situation. Drivers were probably trying to figure out what their very limited options were.

Reactions: 3
What is the purpose of sport? Entertainment? Pushing human rights? Part of capitalism in making a small number of people very rich? What do you think?
Whatever the purpose it, anything and everyone that’s as big and public as F1 is has a responsibility and functions as a role model, whether they like it or not. And F1 is currently doing the opposite by openly putting people at risk. And racing in countries with big big human rights issues promotes false values. Having a half hearted slogan that’s proven to be fake over and over again is not doing that responsibility justice.

I’ve heard this is false and they are just going to release a statement before leaving the track for the evening
The guy who posted about the conference used a picture from fp2 meeting and is an mbl commentator
Thank you! Saw it all over Twitter, actually relieved it’s false because I’m very tired at this point

Reactions: 2
Whatever the purpose it, anything and everyone that’s as big and public as F1 is has a responsibility and functions as a role model, whether they like it or not. And F1 is currently doing the opposite by openly putting people at risk.

Thank you! Saw it all over Twitter, actually relieved it’s false because I’m very tired at this point
I find there’s only a handful of trustful sources in twitter and don’t tend to believe anything if they haven’t posted it

I find there’s only a handful of trustful sources in twitter and don’t tend to believe anything if they haven’t posted it
Yes it probably was a mistake to go looking for reliable information under the F1 hashtag

Whatever the purpose it, anything and everyone that’s as big and public as F1 is has a responsibility and functions as a role model, whether they like it or not. And F1 is currently doing the opposite by openly putting people at risk.

Role model for what? What example are that setting by leaving now?

Gianni said that ALL drivers don't want to race

I trust him way more than I trust twitter

If they race that's not their decision and big part of me believes in that case they will boycott it 🙏

Reactions: 4
It's so tough to dig the truth out on there, even the news outlets run with incorrect tweets at times.

Yes it probably was a mistake to go looking for reliable information under the F1 hashtag
Half of the tweets are hate against Lewis / Max, some of them are fanfic and then there's one or two truthful ones 😆

Tweet from Tommy from Veloce
Netflix right now

Jontent anyone?
What do they have in those bags? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Wow. Been busy and just caught up on everything. This is so sad. If the drivers were in the meeting that long then clearly it’s true that at least a handful of them are not comfortable. There’s a part of me that hopes at least one of them pull a power move and says duck you and doesn’t race.

Mostly I’m happy that King Seb is safe and happy at home with his family but the other part of me is sad that he is not there with the drivers. Him and Lewis are influential on their own but together you know they would’ve ran that meeting. I have to imagine that at some point Lewis or George had Seb on the phone or was at least communicating with him through text. I think he would’ve been a great mentor for George in a situation like this as well, although I’m sure George did a great job advocating for the drivers. (There @aac_124 i don’t pay him lots of compliments 🤣)

Also I am 100000% not here for the narrative of “ Well maybe we can raise awareness..” If that publicly starts to get pushed from the FIA I’m going to be pissed. How are you helping by swooping in for a few days and making the people doing the oppressing a tit ton of money?! Like duck off, seriously.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.