Formula 1 Wags #61

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From what I’ve read I have a feeling that they were told that they couldn’t guarantee their safety in leaving if they refuse to race or something along those lines. Big mistake going there in the first place, for the human rights issues never mind the missiles :eek: let’s just hope they have a safe race and get it off the calendar next year

Reactions: 13
Reactions: 5
I think Lu is going to Jeddah. Did I quick flight search for routes via Porto, and it’s Porto-Zurich-Abu Dhabi-Jeddah. Flight to Zurich leaves soon. Seems a long trip if she is just for race day. Also wouldn’t think she would want to go with the situation there at the moment

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I think Lu is going to Jeddah. Did I quick flight search for routes via Porto, and it’s Porto-Zurich-Abu Dhabi-Jeddah. Flight to Zurich leaves soon. Seems a long trip if she is just for race day. Also wouldn’t think she would want to go with the situation there at the moment
Foolish woman if she is

Reactions: 10
Good (not so good) morning ladies . i was so tired and gave up last night . 4 hours and what we get ? Drivers opinions doesn't matter 🙁 I really hope nothing happens 🙁 or just pack your things and get the duck out of there

Reactions: 7
You’d have to be utterly brainless to think yeah I’ll go there, given what happened yesterday and I hope for her sake she ain’t going.

Reactions: 10
Reactions: 4
Well that DEFINITELY makes it sound like the drivers are happy about this going ahead 🙃
Also looking at that article take one look at the track picture and it’s sponsored by acramo all alone the side roads in big letters, the same who own AM and that oil rigged that got blown. How can they guarantee that it’s not the company they are targeting. Coz if that was the case the track is also a massive target.

Reactions: 3
You’d have to be utterly brainless to think yeah I’ll go there, given what happened yesterday and I hope for her sake she ain’t going.
Also would lose a ton of respect for lando allowing that to happen. No tubetop and shorts. Also don't think any wags went.

Reactions: 6
Good morning. Lots of anger surrounding the entire thing, let’s hope for a safe weekend both on and off track ❤
*ideally they’d cancel it still but I doubt that’s happening

Also looking at that article take one look at the track picture and it’s sponsored by acramo all alone the side roads in big letters, the same who own AM and that oil rigged that got blown. How can they guarantee that it’s not the company they are targeting. Coz if that was the case the track is also a massive target.
Yeah I mean honestly I'd be more concerned for a suicide bomber or something at this point.

Will drivers do media today? 🤔
I bet they will to appear normal but the whole thing will be a charade

Reactions: 2
Aramco is one of the biggest f1 sponsor. And probably the reason why there is a race in Saudi in the first place. I even think that there is a contract for à race in saudi for the next 4-5 years. And they won't remove it like they did ith russia because Aramco paid for it. I am at lost of words about this situation. The drivers (some of them at least) clearly don't want to race, if not they wouldn't had been in a meeting for 4 hours but did F1 really care about their opinion, no! Just hope nothing will happen and that everyone will stay safe...

Reactions: 4
I mean Pierre clearly looks like someone who was asked not to talk about this but has a lot to say. My French is rusty but I think he said everyone gave their opinion and they came to an agrement.

Reactions: 2
Aramco is one of the biggest f1 sponsor. And probably the reason why there is a race in Saudi in the first place. I even think that there is a contract for à race in saudi for the next 4-5 years. And they won't remove it like they did ith russia because Aramco paid for it. I am at lost of words about this situation. The drivers (some of them at least) clearly don't want to race, if not they wouldn't had been in a meeting for 4 hours but did F1 really care about their opinion, no! Just hope nothing will happen and that everyone will stay safe...
Just found this, I think they'll be back again. Aramaco are a long term sponser of the race, it won't be cheap to get out of this.

Screenshot_20220326-081340_Chrome.jpg

• Angry
  • Sad
I really hope they cancel the race because it just isn't safe there. How can the FIA be sure that they are going to be safe there over the next two days? Including tomorrow?? This just sickens me. I also read somewhere on tumblr that the whole situation sounds like a threat and that it was the government telling them they basically had to race otherwise it'll be difficult for them to leave??

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.