Formula 1 Wags #61

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Something (ie everything) about that does not sit right with me. It feels like they were basically blackmailed into racing
I wonder what they were threatened with, probably that the teams would have to remain here even if the drivers made it out and I can't imagine any of them liking the look of that

Reactions: 4
Something (ie everything) about that does not sit right with me. It feels like they were basically blackmailed into racing
Basically told you may be taken hostage if you don’t participate, squid games tit

*and your crews

Reactions: 5
If there is ANY truth to this at all and they ever return to race there I will be so disappointed

Reactions: 6
Who’s TikTok is this??

That’s such a good point…if they are there is a very very high likelihood that they will be told to just not talk about it.

Attachments

• Haha
But she said “only for a few hours” 😳 surely she isn’t going to Saudi, right?!
I doubt she is going to Saudi. She will be home for the evening, get her clothes washed, the pink suitcase repacked and she will be off again for another job. And even if the plan was originally for her to fly out, I sincerely hope Lando has turned around and said no to her flying out.

Reactions: 8
Ok I’m going to sleep now but interesting article from 2019 I saw posted on Twitter about WWE wrestlers and crew ‘being held hostage’ in Saudi

That's some scary tit

Last week on tattle I was Kym Ilmann... 😂
In two weeks... Who knows? 😂 (*chants* Heidi Heidi Heidi Heidi)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Another thing, I’m really uncomfortable with the fact that it seems that only the team bosses and drivers where asked their opinions on whether to race or not. Classic example of only the rich having a voice. I really hope there were at least a few drivers in there advocating for their entire team.

Maybe it’s unlikely but I’m going to go ahead and throw this out there… I won’t be surprised if at least one driver doesn’t end up racing. If Seb were there then 100% I would say him. But what if Ham actually took a stand and said no! Talk about some big D energy. And even bigger D energy would be not immediately leaving but waiting and leaving with your whole team. I can dream….

Last week on tattle I was Kym Ilmann... 😂
In two weeks... Who knows? 😂 (*chants* Heidi Heidi Heidi Heidi)
Plot twist… your green vest girl.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Another thing, I’m really uncomfortable with the fact that it seems that only the team bosses and drivers where asked their opinions on whether to race or not. Classic example of only the rich having a voice. I really hope there were at least a few drivers in there advocating for their entire team.

Maybe it’s unlikely but I’m going to go ahead and throw this out there… I won’t be surprised if at least one drive doesn’t end up racing. If Seb were there then 100% I would say him. But what if Ham actually took a stand and said no! Talk about some big D energy. And even bigger D energy would be not immediately leaving but waiting and leaving with your whole team. I can dream….

Plot twist… your green vest girl.
I hope all of them will do that
*you may say I'm a dreamer... *

Imagine the scene
*I'll post 20 hamster gifs*

Green is the only color I don't like and avoid in outfits (except dark green bags and belts) 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I'm stressed, I can't sleep
Hope everyone stay safe

OFF: not jakob (Lando's friend ofc) and a girl doing a late night stream on twitch, they look super drunk

• Haha
I'm stressed, I can't sleep
Hope everyone stay safe

OFF: not jakob (Lando's friend ofc) and a girl doing a late night stream on twitch, they look super drunk
So bleeping random. Did he not learn his lesson when he got drunk and threw up on stream?! 🤣🤣🤣 It’s soooooo cringe. I’m living for it right now.
1648259888792.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I hate everything about this and have zero desire to watch this race. I totally get being blackmailed into racing being a major factor, but I also thinknwoth so many people involved in F1, it would be impossible for SA to avoid th shitstorm of bad press to follow. Screw the drivers opinions, every team should have an overall team vote, teams should include F1 staff, track staff, and media too. Those votes should matter. Sorry George making a stand doesn't hold up for me.
tit should have been cancelled immediately. If they hit a facility within sight distance of track, obviously it's nit predictable and/or safe. Seriously sick for anyone stuck there

Seriously how do I protest this without abandoning f1 all together. My f1 sub is already paid and although I'm done watching anything else here, I just wish there was something I could do as a consumer

Last edited:
  • Heart
THIS. This angers me to no end.

I'm sure the drivers are scared too but I can't imagine how much worse this experience must be for the others on the teams who aren't being given a chance to voice their opinions on something that impacts their lives and safety. Who knows how much they were being updated during that super long drivers' meeting? I can't imagine the feeling of helplessness when you can't do anything but hope that the people who are making decisions on your life are making the right ones. Not to mention, unlike the drivers, they don't have the $$ or sway to help get them out of the place on a whim or the peace of mind that their families will definitely at least be financial set if the worst were to happen

(This is not me blaming the drivers or saying it isn't horrible for them or their families btw! Just saying I really feel for the others on the team who do not have the privileges the drivers/TPs in this scenario or in general)

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I hate everything about this and have zero desire to watch this race. I totally get being blackmailed into racing being a major factor, but I also thinknwoth so many people involved in F1, it would be impossible for SA to avoid th shitstorm of bad press to follow. Screw the drivers opinions, every team should have an overall team vote, teams should include F1 staff, track staff, and media too. Those votes should matter. Sorry George making a stand doesn't hold up for me.
tit should have been cancelled immediately. If they hit a facility within sight distance of track, obviously it's nit predictable and/or safe. Seriously sick for anyone stuck there

Seriously how do I protest this without abandoning f1 all together. My f1 sub is already paid and although I'm done watching anything else here, I just wish there was something I could do as a consumer
I was thinking about this earlier. I think the answer can be the fans/general public putting the pressure on the sponsors. Both sponsors of F1 and the teams. Just a “how could this brand/company I support associate with an organization that is complicit and earning money from a place like this?!

Aside from not watching the sport it’s the only thing I can think of.

So SA struck back on Yemeni oil overnight. Not exactly reassuring. I just feel sick inside.

Ugh disappointing to see it is going ahead. I have no doubt the drivers have been strong armed into this, with a 4 hour meeting they must have been trying to get out of it.

It is crazy to me, a building of the title partner of the track and one of the teams is bombed, and the FIA truly say it is safe to go ahead. Add to this that this track sucks and barely passes safety standards,I sincerely hope everyone is safe this weekend and that it gets scrapped from the calendar next year.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.