Formula 1 Wags #61

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Like in this situation... which is awful period... why wouldn't mclaren and say merc want to deal with theor issues a few more days? Just end it let's deal a few days with cats and let lando get with lu. Daniel with Heidi. And Lewis with his hickey giver (s). Time foe a timeout and the celebration of Aussie gp
Because it’s still a competition at the end of the day. You don’t want to waste points, because at the end of the day they could make a couple of a million dollar difference. If you don’t race and your competitors go ahead, they have a direct advantage. So despite the immediate danger, this is probably still a concern. It’s either all of them or none of them.
To us that doesn’t make any sense but to them it’s an important part of the debate.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think mclaren would use the time to fix the car that's bigger priority than give some time off to drivers to have some happy time
No im still manifesting lu and landonin Bali pre Australia. Whatever shes done in Brazil southern will get a week... hopefully not in woking/surry

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I think mclaren would use the time to fix the car that's bigger priority than give some time off to drivers to have some happy time
100%. Even if this race goes ahead, the two weeks until Melbourne are going to be massively important for the struggling teams. And the drivers know that. Sure, they should have their happy time but I think they’d feel very bad if they just left the teams to their struggles and went and enjoyed themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Because it’s still a competition at the end of the day. You don’t want to waste points, because at the end of the day they could make a couple of a million dollar difference. If you don’t race and your competitors go ahead, they have a direct advantage. So despite the immediate danger, this is probably still a concern. It’s either all of them or none of them.
To us that doesn’t make any sense but to them it’s an important part of the debate.
No it makes complete sense. It has to be an all or nothing decision. For not only the reasons you have said about the competition/financial side, but also the fact that it will show that they are keeping to their word when it comes to what they said about Ukraine. Essentially it shouldn’t be any different. And ffs if they have to be selfish about it, be selfish about it (they are F1 drivers at the end of they day - they all already have massive egos). They themselves are more at risk from this than they are Ukraine in the sense that they are in the literal same place

Reactions: 6
I really hope the drivers take a stand. There’s no way the attacks will not escalate from here especially seeing the coverage it has had, those responsible will go again.

All this before we consider the fact this is a country with a 14 year old boy sentenced to the death penalty and the mass execution of over 80 people just recently, horrendous treatment of women and all those who identify as LGBTQ.

• Sad
I really hope the drivers take a stand. There’s no way the attacks will not escalate from here especially seeing the coverage it has had, those responsible will go again.

All this before we consider the fact this is a country with a 14 year old boy sentenced to the death penalty and the mass execution of over 80 people just recently, horrendous treatment of women and all those who identify as LGBTQ.
Human rights issues are in many of the countries they go to. Another excellent LGBT+ example would be Hungary. The F1 governing body really needs to take a look at their calendar. Which they won’t do. It takes literal wars for the people involved in this sport to even ask themselves if it’s right to go there.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
When the heck did this happen? And what was the story behind it? 😂
I was indianapolis 2005 i think (not sure about the year), at this time there were 2 tyres manufacturer: Michelin and Bridgeston. All teams with Michelin tyres (14 cars) had to retire after the formation lap because the tyres weren't strong enough and were dangerous to drive with.

• Wow
  • Haha
I was indianapolis 2005 i think (not sure about the year), at this time there were 2 tyres manufacturer: Michelin and Bridgeston. All teams with Michelin tyres have to retire after the formation lap bacause the tyres weren't strong enough and were dangerous to drive with.
Absolutely fabulous 😂

• Haha
I was indianapolis 2005 i think (not sure about the year), at this time there were 2 tyres manufacturer: Michelin and Bridgeston. All teams with Michelin tyres have to retire after the formation lap bacause the tyres weren't strong enough and were dangerous to drive with.
you are correct it was the US gp in 2005

When the heck did this happen? And what was the story behind it? 😂
*lights pipe and puts on slippers*

Back in my day there were different tyre suppliers. I think it was Bridgestone and Michelin at that time. 2005 US GP. The Michelin runners start having big accidents due to tyre failures. Everyone does the formation lap and then all the Michelin runners pit and the race goes ahead with only the Bridgestone teams.

I think it was the first, or one of the very first races back in the US and did untold damage to F1’s reputation for years.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Human rights issues are in many of the countries they go to. Another excellent LGBT+ example would be Hungary. The F1 governing body really needs to take a look at their calendar. Which they won’t do. It takes literal wars for the people involved in this sport to even ask themselves if it’s right to go there.
Agreed there are many countries that F1 races in that they shouldn’t. Hungary has also been terrible in its positioning of the war in Ukraine. Won’t let aid or weapons travel through its country for fear of upsetting Putin.

Reactions: 2
Trust me LGBT in Hungary that's one of smallest problems of the country
*I think LGBT is important but there are so much bigger issues

Trust me LGBT in Hungary that's one of small problems of the country
*I think LGBT is important but there are so much bigger issues
I was just giving another example of the same thing, I’m aware of the issues. Many of the countries in the calendar don’t concern themselves with human rights in a huge capacity.

They are truly taking the piss?! Their defence is this happens all the time, bleeping hell

They won’t attack the race? How can they know that, they attacked Aramco and that literally plastered all over Aston Martin

• Angry
Reactions: 8
They are truly taking the piss?! Their defence is this happens all the time, bleeping hell

They won’t attack the race? How can they know that, they attacked Aramco and that literally plastered all over Aston Martin

Not even just AM, the track and the tecpro is covered in it as well

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.