Formula 1 Wags #61

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s official official I guess then
not exactly surprised but this whole thing is awful. The bbc article about drivers being informed of consequences reeks of blackmail. They’ll be concerned for their crews after what happened to the WWE crews.

2 ways it plays out today - no media at all as they want to stop drivers from talking but unlikely as you know cash and exposure. The more likely scenario is they’ll be banned from talking about it. I doubt we will get real answers til they leave SA.

I just hope all involved are safe and leave promptly. I would hope any further middles would mean immediate cancellation.

F1 and FIA management are a disgrace.

GDPA statement

213C65D5-316A-4650-8A94-9133ED9B2045.png

Reactions: 5
THIS. This angers me to no end.

I'm sure the drivers are scared too but I can't imagine how much worse this experience must be for the others on the teams who aren't being given a chance to voice their opinions on something that impacts their lives and safety. Who knows how much they were being updated during that super long drivers' meeting? I can't imagine the feeling of helplessness when you can't do anything but hope that the people who are making decisions on your life are making the right ones. Not to mention, unlike the drivers, they don't have the $$ or sway to help get them out of the place on a whim or the peace of mind that their families will definitely at least be financial set if the worst were to happen

(This is not me blaming the drivers or saying it isn't horrible for them or their families btw! Just saying I really feel for the others on the team who do not have the privileges the drivers/TPs in this scenario or in general)
They may have been asked, we don't know... let's not assume anything...

Reactions: 2
Why not? Why is it their fault now? They literally have nothing to do with the situation
Possibly could be perceived as poor taste posting when they know engagement will be high due to F1 news?

I don't think anyone is saying it's their fault obviously.

Reactions: 7
Charlotte and Heidi both posting on IG stories as if everything is okay 🤢
I mean what should they do? Luisa did the same and people on here seemed rather excited about her stories. We should hold the same moral standard for all of them. And imo, none of them did anything wrong.
Would I like a post like they did for Ukraine? Sure but honestly, not even the news report about the incident to the same extent they did with Ukraine. Not sure if they even fully know what’s going on because I wouldn’t if it weren’t for the race.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Why not? Why is it their fault now? They literally have nothing to do with the situation
I didn't say it was their fault in any way whatsoever HOWEVER they have gained some of their followers through their relationship with a F1 driver and right or wrong that brings expectations with it. All I said was that not posting is probably the least controversial thing they could do. I have no doubt that they can't directly say anything even if they wanted to.

Once again, I'm not laying any blame on them. I think they're in a difficult position between worry about their partners and expectations of people to either address it or not address plus any brand expectations of them already agreed.

Reactions: 2
I think tensions are running a bit high and perhaps that’s manifesting on this thread as well. The situation is clear. At this point there’s nothing else left to do but hope for a safe weekend in all regards.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I just pray this weekend will be safe for everyone working at the race and the fans as well. That's all

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.