Formula 1 Wags #60

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What further information do they need fgs?! There has been an explosion get the duck out of there

Stefano
"Nothing to see here....nothing at all. It was just an electrical malfunction....absolutely NOT a missile. LET'S MAKE MONEY....sorry i mean "LET'S GO RACING"

Reactions: 8
Hold on, the oil company that’s been hit ain’t they Aston martins sponsor?
Yes they are. When it looked like Aramco was going to sponsor Merc they were under fire, especially Lewis, and now no one is batting an eye. Double standards everywhere

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Going from #nowar last week to racing amidst the smoke of an F1 sponser hit by a missile strike in the background is just the ultimate hypocrisy

That sounds a bit like bollix to be honest. There's been an explosion near by, the whole area needs to be cleared until it is confirmed safe to return.
100%

• Heart
Let’s be honest, they’re not going to do anything because it’s not a predominantly white country so the issue is basically non existent to them. So they don’t see any risk for anyone. Cash is king. If they cared they wouldn’t have gone there in the first place. Nor would they have extended their contract not too long ago for 4 more years.

Reactions: 10
Wow spent some time catching up on what I missed and it was a swift change from silly talk of hickeys to this. This is actually terrifying! Do we think they might actually leave now? (Assuming they even can with flights and such)

Reactions: 2
Yeah that’s why I’m asking. Surely private planes are included in that, right?
Aviation geek here. When the airspace is shut down, it's shut down. Super unfortunate but depending on the situation, it would take a couple of hours or a day or two to get this smoke covered off in this particular situation. This smoke looks pretty big. It could take a while. Plus hearing it was an attack, they should shut down the airspace.

Wow spent some time catching up on what I missed and it was a swift change from silly talk of hickeys to this. This is actually terrifying! Do we think they might actually leave now? (Assuming they even can with flights and such)
If they actually carry on they are an even shittier organisation than I already imagined and my opinion of the f1 organisers was already very low 😅

the place it hit is way too close to the track, if airspace is closed they won’t be able to use the medical helicopter, it’s just not safe at all

Aviation geek here. When the airspace is shut down, it's shut down. Super unfortunate but depending on the situation, it would take a couple of hours or a day or two to get this smoke covered off in this particular situation. This smoke looks pretty big. It could take a while. Plus hearing it was an attack, they should shut down the airspace.
There are some exceptions

Reactions: 1
Let’s be honest, they’re not going to do anything because it’s not a predominantly white country so the issue is basically non existent to them.
I read something that explains how certain areas of the media dehumanises people by the use of words like refugees and migrants. It stops the viewer relating to people on a human to human level so people are conditioned not to care about people who aren't white. Also seen in war propaganda in WW2.

This is a very clumsy explanation on my part.

Reactions: 5
If they actually carry on they are an even shittier organisation than I already imagined and my opinion of the f1 organisers was already very low 😅

the place it hit is way too close to the track, if airspace is closed they won’t be able to use the medical helicopter, it’s just not safe at all
HEMS usually have permission to fly even when country under attack, depends on pilot if he flies

Hotel lock down period. No where else in the damn world would this go on. Of course if F1 awaits 'authorities' to verify on a Friday they wont have anything solid for days to put out PR wise.

Yeah for sure, morally/ethically awful but also just plain stupid to put all the crew and drivers's lives at risk like that. Its not worth that risk.

Reactions: 5
I read something that explains how certain areas of the media dehumanises people by the use of words like refugees and migrants. It stops the viewer relating to people on a human to human level so people are conditioned not to care about people who aren't white. Also seen in war propaganda in WW2.

Military does that to when they speak about certain kinds of attack they grade it on how it harm soft targets aka humans but they almost never say humans

• Sad
Reactions: 3
They need to get the drivers and teams to somewhere safe, if it goes ahead. the drivers better speak out on how they think it’s disgusting they are being made to continue in danger. Peoples families be watching back home, imagine the riccardo family waking up to see a bomb has gone off near f1 track coz of time difference. This ain’t right at all

Im actually a bit lost for words. Horrendous. Cash is certainly king in F1

Reactions: 9

No it makes sense and I think that’s part of it. That’s the foundation of racism, not being able to relate to people because of so called “differences”, which are only enhanced by terms like these.

They need to get the drivers and teams to somewhere safe, if it goes ahead. the drivers better speak out on how they think it’s disgusting they are being made to continue in danger. Peoples families be watching back home, imagine the riccardo family waking up to see a bomb has gone off near f1 track coz of time difference. This ain’t right at all
Not even just them. The locals, the fans, the marshals, everyone is at risk.

Correct, see also images used in newspaper stories. You see it alot in domestic abuse cases and white terrorism attacks but in the opposite to what you're describing like a man will be shown in a happy family picture which doesn't reflect that he murdered them etc.

Military does that to when they speak about certain kinds of attack they grade it on how it harm soft targets aka humans but they almost never say humans
Collateral damage

No it makes sense and I think that’s part of it. That’s the foundation of racism, not being able to relate to people because of so called “differences”, which are only enhanced by terms like these.

Not even just them. The locals, the fans, the marshals, everyone is at risk.
100% but ultimately f1 need to do the right choice and not let anyone be at risk

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.