Formula 1 Wags #59

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agreed, as they were both out of the points anyway I will let it go but McLaren really dropped the ball on Lando šŸ„²
Maybe I was a bit brutal but feel itā€™s deserved. Based on this I feel it may be a painful season. BUT Iā€™m not a fair weather fan. McLaren are my team and Iā€™ll support them. You can be a fan and still be critical. Just so disappointed especially with some bloomin awful strategy. If they maximised rather than make their drivers position worse šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 6
Are you new here? *insert Tiktok sounds*
He's a Karen personified. He is the first person crying over the smallest things and coming for Merc at every chance.
He will have double job this year with Mercedes and Ferrari both at the level of Red Bull šŸ˜‚. Double complaining, i'm not looking forward to that šŸ˜…

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yeah, once your mentioned Home Depot it just rolled from there šŸ¤£ I know I have been asked by K Mag if I ā€œwas finding everything okay?ā€ before in Home Depot. šŸ¤£
He's like the friendly manager who has a love-hate relationship with his boss (Guenther), but yet has a lovely relationship with his junior (Mick).

Hmm for Haas, the recurring theme for them this season is home Depot. If anyone can make a poster in your spare time, I'll love you!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Mclaren really pushing 14 and 15th on socials but if you add in the 3 dnf they would have been 18th and 17th nothing can make it sound any better. Hope they have upgrade ready for next week
Unlikely. Any improvement will be imola at the earliest. And how painful that will be going back to a race where we had a podium last year.

McLaren must have been running it as a competitive test. They did different strategies with both going on different tyres. Definitely feel like people are reading too much into it. ā€œDropping the ballā€ feels quite harsh - theyā€™ve been off pace all week so why not test tyres and brakes. Lando will have got soooo much data from running that medium for so long, they got unlucky with the pitstop but you canā€™t predict that.

Daddy Zak will sort the mess out thereā€™s a hellllll of a long way to go!

• Heart
whoa! That is not a good signs. the body language alone has been clear all week on carlos being number 2. maybe that's what's getting in his head and why he's hard on himself

I wonder if thereā€™s something related to this in the new contract negotiations. Ferrari have form for this.

Reactions: 1
McLaren must have been running it as a competitive test. They did different strategies with both going on different tyres. Definitely feel like people are reading too much into it. ā€œDropping the ballā€ feels quite harsh - theyā€™ve been off pace all week so why not test tyres and brakes. Lando will have got soooo much data from running that medium for so long, they got unlucky with the pitstop but you canā€™t predict that.

I agree with this.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

I think the main problem, for me, is Lando's third pit stop. At that time he was running on 3-4 laps old soft tyres, so why makes him do a pit stop ? He could have keep his tyres, will have overtake some of the cars in front who did stop and would have been 11-12th i think. And with better tyres than the one in front who knows what could have happen? They were already out of the points so why not try not to pit ?

And Lando was clearly really not happy to have lost his position to Daniel and to not be able to catch the midfiels behind the SC. So yeah, the race was tit but the strategy clearly didn't help.

I wonder if thereā€™s something related to this in the new contract negotiations. Ferrari have form for this.
There was something about his eyes behind his visor as he pulled into Parc Ferme that made me sad.

He should be really excited, but I agree something is up.

The dropping the ball wasnā€™t really about the starting tyres it was about pitting him again under the safety car when he had only just pitted so his tyres were basically just as new as the rest anyway, it was a waste and lost him positions for no reason

Daniel found Georgeā€™s old spot

As much as I want to laughā€¦I canā€™t laugh. Itā€™s still a bit too raw

He will have double job this year with Mercedes and Ferrari both at the level of Red Bull šŸ˜‚. Double complaining, i'm not looking forward to that šŸ˜…
And we arenā€™t even allowed to hear it when itā€™s to the race director anymore šŸ˜«

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.