Formula 1 Wags #59

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Felix (McLaren Indy driver) DNF’d from pole and Pato came 15th
A day to forget for McLaren all around
I fear an annus horribilis for McLaren this year. It even went wrong for us in the first Extreme E race when suddenly it looked like it was going to go well for McLaren, it all went wrong.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I fear an annus horribilis for McLaren this year. It even went wrong for us in the first Extreme E race when suddenly it looked like it was going to go well for McLaren, it all went wrong.
I remember that, it’s just all going to tit this year. It started with Sochi and here we are. I hope Zak has a psychologist on speed dial 🥴🥴🥴

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Our boys are going to be just pretty 😭 but the season is gonna be so 🔥🔥
Hope Lewis can also fight for the title 🤯

• Heart
Is it true that McLaren wasn’t even running in race mode because of the brakes that aren’t fixed? Was it mentioned anywhere? Tbh I think they have more issues than the brakes
the breaks were the least of the issues

Reactions: 3
Interesting, AMuS reported 10 minutes before the race even started that there are fuel pump issues which Marko confirmed after the race. Maybe those issues led to a miscalculation. Just sad, both McLaren and Red Bull came off of auch strong seasons and they didn’t get a single point.
i thought the issue was the delivery of fuel to the engine because of the fuel pump. meaning they didn't run out of gas... the gas just stopped going to the engine

Reactions: 1
If the fuel pump truly is the issue, Red Bull might have unlocked something here because that’s a standard part issued by Marelli so all teams have the same. This could very well become a thing. Some teams apparently asked the FIA to take a look at that after quali already
But why did they suffer the worst of it? Does the placement of the pumps differ from team to team? Maybe their placement exacerbated the issue?

Reactions: 2
But why did they suffer the worst of it? Do the placemat of the pumps differ from team to team? Maybe their placement exacerbated the issue?
i have no idea how it works.... but I'm also wondering what caused pierre's car to go up in flames. those are all redbull/honda engines and all three went down fast

Reactions: 5
But why did they suffer the worst of it? Do the placemat of the pumps differ from team to team? Maybe their placement exacerbated the issue?
Perhaps based on the data they gathered from testing with a malfunctioning fuel pump they miscalculated and had too little fuel. I don’t know if that makes sense but I’d imagine it being not too unlikely given how late they retired.

i have no idea how it works.... but I'm also wondering what caused pierre's car to go up in flames. those are all redbull/honda engines and all three went down fast
Pierre had an MGU-K issue, that’s a different thing as far as I understand. The Red Bulls are more about just the fuel pump delivering fuel to the engine but not the engine itself.

Reactions: 1
Pierre had an MGU-K issue, that’s a different thing as far as I understand. The Red Bulls are more about just the fuel pump delivering fuel to the engine but not the engine itself.
thank you. was sitting here trying to find anyone with a more solid explanation than it was the engine.

.that’s off one of the girls instagrams im sure that’s Heidi, the other girls are proper flaunting being there but whoever is in the pink is pretty chill
They’re pretty brave not wearing anything to protect their ears with the pit stops happening right next to them 😂 58 pit stops this race, 58x these wheel guns were doing their thing

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.