Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

imola

VIP Member
Of course the type of girls he mentions exist, just look at synonymous, but he’s acting like it’s the regular case instead of women genuinely being into motorsports. That’s what I’m hung up on mostly

We need to be careful because a "poor wording" could be internalized misogyny
I always thought Horner‘s misogyny was pretty externalized. There was a scene in DTS where he was with Geri and the way he spoke to her was just kind of disrespectful, always bothered me.

Reactions: 8

Nadjaliz

Chatty Member
Are we really shocked at Horner? I’ve been interested in motorsports before I was even interested in boys so I totally get being furious, just not surprised at him commenting shit like that because that’s the kind of guy he is, to be honest.
But horner is not wrong, that happened with dts. The f1 ”fan base” is all time youngest and there is more women (girls) than ever interested in the sport (or the guys how ever you want to put it)😂

GossipingLily

Chatty Member
And the more general point being as a woman you are continually required to quantify why you like F1/ motorsport because of patriarchy / systematic gender role socialization etc.
THIS! Gatekeeping is annoying enough, but when you combine that with a dollop of sexism/patriarchy, it's even more aggravating! I can think of a whole list of interests I've had in my life that I felt the need to hide, sometimes even from female friends, because I just knew that people would doubt my reasons behind why I liked it. Especially since I've come off quite "girly" my whole life. I'm pretty sure I've admitted this here before but I first learnt about F1 through watching an interview with Dan where I, yes, thought he was quite handsome and had a magnetic personality, but I wouldn't be here 1.5 years later if all I cared about was "great-looking drivers."

It's just the doubting of intentions that gets to me. There are lots of reasons why someone might get into something but it usually takes a "good" reason for them to stick with it. Men's reasons for liking what they like are rarely ever questioned, it's typically only women who are forced to defend their reasoning.

• Heart

imola

VIP Member
Saw a Merc merch wearing girl with a pink suitcase just now… what do we make of that? Luisa to the Merc wag program?

• Haha

Emiliabrazkow

VIP Member
Haas removes UralKali from haas' official social team name.
**I don't understand that because they don't have uralkali in the name so 🤷‍♀️
Teams are going to have meeting about Russian GP
I honestly dont want to have russia on the gp list this year, i think its not safe for anybody(drivers,teams, FANS) plus it would be stupid to "spend" money on that thing in that situation and celebrate it whike out there is chaos and people are dying and struggling trying to find a way to survive. And im not big fan of Nikita but just beacause he is Russian doesnt mean he wants to harm people around he and do bad to them, not all Russians are the same. 🤷🏽‍♀️maybe im wrong but its my opinion

• Heart