Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

vaneln

VIP Member
I am pretty new to this forum, I stumbled upon you all and lurked for about a a day before I couldn’t resist commenting. I really appreciate the amusing commentary and finding a pocket of people from all over the world I have something in common with! I never properly introduced myself but I live in the United States and was introduced to F1 through a coworker. The first race I watched was the 2012 Brazilian Grand Prix. I ultimately ended up a massive Sebastian Vettel fan (ironically missing most his championship years) but I fell in love with the sport. I’m a little older than a lot of you at 41, but I would never question anyone’s reasons for watching! My intent was to write something funny tonight in response to Christian Horner‘s comments along the lines that “we don’t watch for the good looking young drivers we actually watch for Toto!”but it’s been overcome by the news events and I’m really just writing to say that no matter where you are in the world tonight I hope that you and your loved ones are safe. A lot of us, particularly in America, take safety and security for granted but we should never forget we are extremely lucky and I really feel for so many people that are being affected right now. 🥰
welcome in ❤

imola

VIP Member
Just Lando casually projected on the Burj Khalifa 😳
It’s an absolute crime that the campaign doesn’t feature pictures of Anthony Ramos together with Lando to project onto the Burj Khalifa
*probably would’ve died if that happened so maybe it’s for the better

kubnikol

VIP Member
i just saw Daniel's and Lando's reaction about the new car . i feel like they are not happy with it 🤔 Oh no

Dandree

VIP Member
1000% agree on the grace and compassion. I hope you and your family are safe as well 🥰 And again, I don’t think he’s a bad guy at all. But no one should feel “out of their depth” when talking about human rights. He should do better. And if McLaren are telling him to say nothing then they should do better as well.

“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. The opposite of love is not hate, it’s indifference.” — Elie Wiesel

and if anyone has not heard about or read the work of Elie Wiesel I strongly recommend it. Very powerful stuff.
Thank you this is great and Wiesel said what I thought but couldn't put properly into words

vaneln

VIP Member
His Dad had a meeting with Putin in the Kremlin today or this week? There’s no way they can continue surely? The UK and US seem to be targeting banks and finance as a first resort so surely any connection to Russian money right now is too hot for even F1 to touch.

I can’t remember if it was here or Twitter that I saw this so apologies if it was here!
Today, I posted about It some min ago:

fucking hell

WOAH I was giving my perspective from my knowledge. I said it had echos of appeasement and said nothing else on appeasement.

I was sharing my thoughts on putin through a lens of studying him and wider international politics over a long period of time. I believe even called my self a nerd in the hope my comments would come across in a more light hearted way. I wasn’t attacking you.

I also didn’t say hate should be sent. The wider implications of the money and making it legitimate is what I was referring to.
It was the "hmmm" at the start in response to what I had wrote.