Formula 1 Wags #48

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the comment and eyeroll was for me. So for the millionth timeā€¦ I donā€™t think heā€™s a bad person with bad intentions. I just think we can never stop pushing and expecting more from people. Have the media misconstrued or miss quoted stuff from drivers before? Of course! But my thoughts and comments earlier were based on this specific situation. The news I woke up to was absolutely devastating. How is this tit happening?! And silence is the enemy right now. This is not a situation that you can teeter on or not know which side to be on. And Iā€™m not patting myself on the back. Praise is not expected for doing what is expected in the first place.

If this reads harshly Iā€™m sorry, Iā€™d like to apologize in advance. You seem like a very sweet person who has made me laugh many times here. All this just has me very emotional. I feel during times likes these itā€™s everyoneā€™s duty to speak up. A ā€œno commentā€ Is unacceptable. No one gets a pass on stuff like this. If not humanities job to save humanity then whoā€™s?! šŸ˜¢ šŸ˜¢
No it was not for you. If I was talking about you I would have replied to you directly. I am a very direct person.
I was talking about EVERYONE sitting at home thinking they can do somone else's jobs better than them without having a clue of what is going on in the background.
Another poster used Kimi as an example and I think it was a perfect one. Kimi wasn't Mr. PC statement or Instagram but turns out he was doing A LOT of good work in the background.

Reactions: 1
No one more deserving in F1 history of losing a seat. Harsh yes, but true.
Yup, it was a bought seat to begin with, he isn't up to the talent level of everyone else so I won't shed a tear for him!! šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Hmmmm ā€œimpossible in current circumstancesā€ā€¦ so not cancelled then? šŸ™„
Oooh good catch..... I just took it as it was cancelled šŸ˜®
Just goes to show wording is so important.....

Reactions: 2
Hmmmm ā€œimpossible in current circumstancesā€ā€¦ so not cancelled then? šŸ™„
they probably have to do all the paperwork with lawyers to get out of the contract to make it official, but this is as blunt as they can be.
I have little to no doubt formula 1 would experience far more blowback from going there than not going there
it would be a PR disaster, and i could totally see the drivers and teams protesting.

Reactions: 5
No it was not for you. If I was talking about you I would have replied to you directly. I am a very direct person.
I was talking about EVERYONE sitting at home thinking they can do somone else's jobs better than them without having a clue of what is going on in the background.
Another poster used Kimi as an example and I think it was a perfect one. Kimi wasn't Mr. PC statement or Instagram but turns out he was doing A LOT of good work in the background.
Thatā€™s awesome to hear about Kimi. I never knew that. Iā€™m sure DR and many other drivers do tons we never know about. I was just trying to express that I donā€™t believe this is a political issue that can be teetered on. This is different from the kind of things they have faced and been asked before where maybe (not always) there were different views and opinions that could be debated due to peoples different social and economic statuses as well as their cultural upbringings. I just donā€™t feel thatā€™s the case here. There is a wrong and right side of this to be on.
I have no doubt now given the FIAā€™s statement that Daniel will stand on the right side of this. He was nervous to say something before, thatā€™s fine. That does not make him or anyone a bad person. But we all can continue to push people to do better. ā¤ Much love to you. I am genuinely not upset at all. I think youā€™re great. I honestly love talking through things with people. I always feel Iā€™m learning.

I think that the worst em thing we can all do in this situation is argue about who is and isnā€™t in the rightā€¦think about the number of us who were lurkers before we posted so we donā€™t know who is reading this and where they may be in the world and what they are going through. This could be one of their only places to go to for comfort and a bit of a giggle.
All of these drivers are heavily heavily heavily media trained and are probably donā€™t want to say anything that will backfire on them. And we also donā€™t know what they are doing privately out of the public eye - remember that. They donā€™t always need to speak out straight away.
However, thank god that the Russian GP has been cancelled though (sure LN will be grateful for that one šŸ˜‰).

And on that note I think we can all get back to our regularly scheduled programming ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thatā€™s awesome to hear about Kimi. I never knew that. Iā€™m sure DR and many other drivers do tons we never know about. I was just trying to express that I donā€™t believe this is a political issue that can be teetered on. This is different from the kind of things they have faced and been asked before where maybe (not always) there were different views and opinions that could be debated due to peoples different social and economic statuses as well as their cultural upbringings. I just donā€™t feel thatā€™s the case here. There is a wrong and right side of this to be on.
I have no doubt now given the FIAā€™s statement that Daniel will stand on the right side of this. He was nervous to say something before, thatā€™s fine. That does not make him or anyone a bad person. But we all can continue to push people to do better. ā¤ Much love to you. I am genuinely not upset at all. I think youā€™re great. I honestly love talking through things with people. I always feel Iā€™m learning.
I'm sure they all will and that they all want to. I just feel its wrong to assume otherwise tbh.
It's just silly to me to go hard on these people when let's face it, they have no power in this. Use this energy and hound the politicians in your country instead!! They are the ones who have the power to do something, same with the heads of sports agencies, go after them they have the power!
Anyway I think your great too!! I am really direct but I never take disagreement with someone's view points as a sign we can't be friends!!! šŸ˜ I mean, I still love your new rain boots!!! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Yikes! If Uralkali goes, which it should, he is obviously not going to secure sponsorship dollars outside of Russia so the only outcome is he goes.
I do think F1 need to be careful. From the outside it could be viewed as heā€™s losing his job because heā€™s Russian. Which is obviously a dicey little area to be in.
He won't be losing his job because he is russian though.

He will be losing his job because the deal he has with Haas includes a big pile of sponsorship money, if that money is no longer coming, then the contract isn't being fulfilled. So bye bye Nikita. It's not technically because he's Russian.

Reactions: 6
Whoever Haas is going to put in that 2nd seat is going to lack at least 3 days of testing and lots of simulator work in a completely new car. I hope itā€™s not a rookie, just because thatā€™s going to be a ridiculous amount of pressure

Wording is very important. By putting it that way theyā€™ve left it open to reinstate the GP.
Donā€™t want to upset big stakeholders Iā€™m assuming

Reactions: 4
Whoever Haas is going to put in that 2nd seat is going to lack at least 3 days of testing and lots of simulator work in a completely new car. I hope itā€™s not a rookie, just because thatā€™s going to be a ridiculous amount of pressure
I mean this is their reserve/ testing driver
no complaints by me seeing more of him
1645797737598.png

1645797836684.png

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I mean this is their reserve/ testing driver
no complaints by me seeing more of him
View attachment 1086970
Definitely not but imagine being 25, having done 2 races in F1 in a very different car 2 years ago and getting less running time in that new and different car than people like Lewis or Max who are better than him by default. All for getting rid of the other guy believe me, but putting a young rookie in that seat sounds like a psychological disaster waiting to happen. Bringing back some older driver, maybe Hulk, would be a better choice I guess

Can you a imagine a team with both a Schumacher and a Fittapaldi! That would be kinda cool to be honest
yeah that was my thought exactly

Definitely not but imagine being 25, having done 2 races in F1 in a very different car 2 years ago and getting less running time in that new and different car than people like Lewis or Max who are better than him by default. All for getting rid of the other guy believe me, but putting a young rookie in that seat sounds like a psychological disaster waiting to happen
i don't know how it works, but wouldn't he of at least had to do some sim training and be prepared to have to drive at any time?
I mean its not like he'd be doing worse than mazepin if he crashed a lot or came in last place.

1645798380391.png

so yeah, probably him

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.