Formula 1 Wags #48

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seriously though, why are any girlfriends there? It's just testing week, let the guy just focus on his work!
Problably because the drivers also want them to be there so i dont see the problem, other family members and friends from drivers are there.

Reactions: 2
lmao even Max Verstappen said something basic. Haas stay silent is one thing, a guy who said in the past he doesn't check the news is another thing. Nothing against to you ofc, but PR thing is an convenient excuse that fans are always using to protect them... I just think they could do better and when the subject is humans right shouldn't be difficult to say something

weird! It seems ok now
Good morning 😊 I don't protect them or hiding behind PR. if they want to talk about it, they have instagram with big reach, but everyone is quiet. I saw Pierre post photos that's all. I think everyone is silent because they are waiting for a FIA decision. there is a lot of money in it. What if GP doesn't cancel and they say something bad about Russia. There is a crazy guy with an arsenal who can erase half the world from the mapπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ Of course they can do better πŸ™πŸ»

Seriously though, why are any girlfriends there? It's just testing week, let the guy just focus on his work!
She will probably be busy with the new school soon, so she wants to use her free time and be with Charles before the season starts. i see nothing wrong with it 😊

Reactions: 7
well they can't change team wear so quickly. Drivers, mechanics have uralkali on jackets, they maybe could use tape to cover it up but 😬😬
That or just wear plain black until they can change the team uniforms..

Reactions: 1
That or just wear plain black until they can change the team uniforms..
if it happened before the testing I think they could change it but they decided on it last night. I hope they will be without a sponsor in BahrainπŸ™πŸ»

I do think it's important to aknowledge that there's a decent possibility that DR doesn't want to comment because last time he tried to comment on human rights issues in Saudi he totally fucked it up and doesn't want to do that again. It's also more than likely the team don't want him to comment (because it's an ongoing situation and because of how he handled speaking about issues in Saudi last year). While I would love for DR to take a stance like Seb, we also have to aknoweledge that these are athletes that are allowed to answer 'no comment' when talking about issues they feel they are out of their depth to comment on. Also, a lot people on here said he should have just said a 'no comment' to the Saudi questions, this time he has and he's still being criticised - I just think we need to give everyone a bit of grace and compassion in how they are dealing with this catastrophic situation and not jump to conclusions.
Hope everyone and their families stay safe in these crazy times
I also think we need to direct our anger in the right area, not at low hanging fruit.
It's easy to target an easy target afterall, giving out about someone who has nothing to do with this atrocity and then feeling great about ourselves cause if we were in these situations we of course would do everything perfectly πŸ™„
I don't like bullying, I don't like misdirected anger and energy. Save it for the right people and right causes. And please don't pat yourself on the back for imaging you would handle yourself better in these situations.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Dead at the meme usage, sorry for any non uk people that don’t get the reference

Omg another red flag, this mornings session has been a disaster πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
I feel bad for Zhou. Being a rookie and causing two red flags while the team is already struggling to get laps in properly πŸ˜“

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Latest F1 statement πŸ‘πŸ»
Thank God!
The pictures out of Kiev are sickening. Those poor poor people who did nothing. Glad they got out ahead of it early. Turkey is currently under pressure right now to pick a side and close the water access. So guess we will see what happens woth that.

Wonder if lando is relieved in more ways than one to miss sochi this year

Also fireman seb in effect

Attachments

I also think we need to direct our anger in the right area, not at low hanging fruit.
It's easy to target an easy target afterall, giving out about someone who has nothing to do with this atrocity and then feeling great about ourselves cause if we were in these situations we of course would do everything perfectly πŸ™„
I don't like bullying, I don't like misdirected anger and energy. Save it for the right people and right causes. And please don't pat yourself on the back for imaging you would handle yourself better in these situations.
I think the comment and eyeroll was for me. So for the millionth time… I don’t think he’s a bad person with bad intentions. I just think we can never stop pushing and expecting more from people. Have the media misconstrued or miss quoted stuff from drivers before? Of course! But my thoughts and comments earlier were based on this specific situation. The news I woke up to was absolutely devastating. How is this tit happening?! And silence is the enemy right now. This is not a situation that you can teeter on or not know which side to be on. And I’m not patting myself on the back. Praise is not expected for doing what is expected in the first place.

If this reads harshly I’m sorry, I’d like to apologize in advance. You seem like a very sweet person who has made me laugh many times here. All this just has me very emotional. I feel during times likes these it’s everyone’s duty to speak up. A β€œno comment” Is unacceptable. No one gets a pass on stuff like this. If not humanities job to save humanity then who’s?! 😒 😒

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.