Formula 1 Wags #48

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not defending anyone !! but I think it's a team order to say no comment for now . all teams are silent. haas only posted info on their website. It is sad that all teams and FIA are quiet ☹
lmao even Max Verstappen said something basic. Haas stay silent is one thing, a guy who said in the past he doesn't check the news is another thing. Nothing against to you ofc, but PR thing is an convenient excuse that fans are always using to protect them... I just think they could do better and when the subject is humans right shouldn't be difficult to say something

I see this..... 😱 has she been hacked I wonder!???
View attachment 1086078

weird! It seems ok now

Reactions: 2
It is scary times. What I would say is that nuclear weapons are a deterrent and viewed as mutually assured destruction. He knows if he uses one that a nuke would be dropped in Russia.

I know it’s cold comfort but try not to think of it going that way.
Thank you ❤❤❤

Came across this badass woman being arrested at an antiwar protest in Moscow!!
20220224_233030.jpg

What a legend!!! 😂😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 11
omg iconic but I'm really worried! Hope they are ok. Brave people
I know... that's the other side of it... but if you go on twitter and reddit there are thousands at these protests so what can they do with all of them... I'm hoping the fact that their numbers are high that that will protect them 🙏

• Heart
Off the serious topic and back to the trivial.

Sophie Ogg has went from Williams to McLaren. Wonder if she’s taking over charlottes role?

Did I imagine this or did someone talk a few threads back about her having a baby with a member of either McLaren or redbull? Or have I totally made that up?

Reactions: 3

Sophie Ogg has went from Williams to McLaren. Wonder if she’s taking over charlottes role?

Did I imagine this or did someone talk a few threads back about her having a baby with a member of either McLaren or redbull? Or have I totally made that up?
If it was mentioned i didn't read it, bit I did have to skip a lot 😅

Did you saw Lewis' hashtag on twitter? Really nice

I remember when she was pregnant, but I have no idea about the father
It seems her role is bigger than Charlote's role because It's about McLaren coms in F1 + Indy + Extreme E. She is a "Director"

Reactions: 1
Football is out and f1 will follow, especially because thisnis a longterm problem
Aston Martin may be my fave this year for car and letting seb speak. Lots of other sponser issues, but appreciate the voice they let him have. Where you at lewis/merc..mWouldn't have happened in red bull or Ferrari

Last edited:
mate, WTF
you literally don’t have to know anything about what’s going on to have enough sense to say “My thoughts are with the people in Ukraine during this time, I’m hopeful that the FIA will make the right decision for F1.
I’ve never had one single credit hour of any type of public relations and I could pull something like that out of my ass on pretty much any situation you could tell me about.

My honest opinion is that he has built his brand around being the happy, likable guy. So he doesn’t wanna do or say anything that rocks the boat. The down fall with that is sometimes it’s not just opinions or different views, sometimes there IS a right and wrong side. And if you don’t clearly stand for the right side people are going to call you out on that. I genuinely don’t believe that he doesn’t care that innocent people are dying in Ukraine. I just think he’s so scared to say the wrong thing that he says nothing.

Also Nikita's comment wtf
View attachment 1085698

Pietro Fittipaldi
Can’t believe I’m getting ready to do this but I’m actually going to defend him… I saw this on Twitter. Let’s all remember that this comment was made before the invasion. Has he given a statement since then?

💀💀💀 Sounds like it would be a side story for one of the secondary characters in “Port Cop” that’s what the show is called right? 🤣🤣🤣

————————————————————————
OK lovelies that was my spam for the night. A parting a note…. Let’s all remember to be patient and understanding with one another during times like these. There are no rulebooks or guidelines on how to channel our emotions to seeing something like this. People can be sad, people can be angry, people can be confused, or they can be all those things in a span of minutes. The most important thing is allowing everyone a space to vent those emotions because I’m certain they all come from a pure place. 😘😘😘

Also.. Just to add to my above comment about Nikita so I don’t get canceled … His initial statement was absolutely flawed. I’m not defending what he said. I’m only saying that this quote has spread like wildfire today and people think it’s something he just said. If we’re being real honest, before the actual invasion happened the thought of going to Russia couldn’t be viewed any worse than many of the other countries that’s on the F1 calendar. After the events of last night that has of course changed.
That’s all! just wanted to clarify so I didn’t get dragged through the tattle streets. because at the end of the day I still think he’s a crappy human.
I am just such a stickler for making sure people verify and fact check the news they consume especially after living through the Trump era.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Did anyone hear about the racist F1 TikTok creator who went to the Aston martin launch? The screenshots of his messages are horrendous and disgusting. Just what we need right now with all of this other tit happening

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
you literally don’t have to know anything about what’s going on to have enough sense to say “My thoughts are with the people in Ukraine during this time, I’m hopeful that the FIA will make the right decision for F1.
I’ve never had one single credit hour of any type of public relations and I could pull something like that out of my ass on pretty much any situation you could tell me about.

My honest opinion is that he has built his brand around being the happy, likable guy. So he doesn’t wanna do or say anything that rocks the boat. The down fall with that is sometimes it’s not just opinions or different views, sometimes there IS a right and wrong side. And if you don’t clearly stand for the right side people are going to call you out on that. I genuinely don’t believe that he doesn’t care that innocent people are dying in Ukraine. I just think he’s so scared to say the wrong thing that he says nothing.

Can’t believe I’m getting ready to do this but I’m actually going to defend him… I saw this on Twitter. Let’s all remember that this comment was made before the invasion. Has he given a statement since then?

💀💀💀 Sounds like it would be a side story for one of the secondary characters in “Port Cop” that’s what the show is called right? 🤣🤣🤣

————————————————————————
OK lovelies that was my spam for the night. A parting a note…. Let’s all remember to be patient and understanding with one another during times like these. There are no rulebooks or guidelines on how to channel our emotions to seeing something like this. People can be sad, people can be angry, people can be confused, or they can be all those things in a span of minutes. The most important thing is allowing everyone a space to vent those emotions because I’m certain they all come from a pure place. 😘😘😘

Also.. Just to add to my above comment about Nikita so I don’t get canceled … His initial statement was absolutely flawed. I’m not defending what he said. I’m only saying that this quote has spread like wildfire today and people think it’s something he just said. If we’re being real honest, before the actual invasion happened the thought of going to Russia couldn’t be viewed any worse than many of the other countries that’s on the F1 calendar. After the events of last night that has of course changed.
That’s all! just wanted to clarify so I didn’t get dragged through the tattle streets. because at the end of the day I still think he’s a crappy human.
I am just such a stickler for making sure people verify and fact check the news they consume especially after living through the Trump era.
I do think it's important to aknowledge that there's a decent possibility that DR doesn't want to comment because last time he tried to comment on human rights issues in Saudi he totally fucked it up and doesn't want to do that again. It's also more than likely the team don't want him to comment (because it's an ongoing situation and because of how he handled speaking about issues in Saudi last year). While I would love for DR to take a stance like Seb, we also have to aknoweledge that these are athletes that are allowed to answer 'no comment' when talking about issues they feel they are out of their depth to comment on. Also, a lot people on here said he should have just said a 'no comment' to the Saudi questions, this time he has and he's still being criticised - I just think we need to give everyone a bit of grace and compassion in how they are dealing with this catastrophic situation and not jump to conclusions.
Hope everyone and their families stay safe in these crazy times

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I do think it's important to aknowledge that there's a decent possibility that DR doesn't want to comment because last time he tried to comment on human rights issues in Saudi he totally fucked it up and doesn't want to do that again. It's also more than likely the team don't want him to comment (because it's an ongoing situation and because of how he handled speaking about issues in Saudi last year). While I would love for DR to take a stance like Seb, we also have to aknoweledge that these are athletes that are allowed to answer 'no comment' when talking about issues they feel they are out of their depth to comment on. Also, a lot people on here said he should have just said a 'no comment' to the Saudi questions, this time he has and he's still being criticised - I just think we need to give everyone a bit of grace and compassion in how they are dealing with this catastrophic situation and not jump to conclusions.
Hope everyone and their families stay safe in these crazy times
1000% agree on the grace and compassion. I hope you and your family are safe as well 🥰 And again, I don’t think he’s a bad guy at all. But no one should feel “out of their depth” when talking about human rights. He should do better. And if McLaren are telling him to say nothing then they should do better as well.

“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. The opposite of love is not hate, it’s indifference.” — Elie Wiesel

and if anyone has not heard about or read the work of Elie Wiesel I strongly recommend it. Very powerful stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
1000% agree on the grace and compassion. I hope you and your family are safe as well 🥰 And again, I don’t think he’s a bad guy at all. But no one should feel “out of their depth” when talking about human rights. He should do better. And if McLaren are telling him to say nothing then they should do better as well.

“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. The opposite of love is not hate, it’s indifference.” — Elie Wiesel

and if anyone has not heard about or read the work of Elie Wiesel I strongly recommend it. Very powerful stuff.
Completely agree on Wiesel - a must read!
I hope we see teams/ stakeholders/ the FIA itself make statements and follow through with positive actions in the next few days, because as much as drivers voicing their support is great, the decisions come from higher up than them.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Thank you this is great and Wiesel said what I thought but couldn't put properly into words

Seriously though, why are any girlfriends there? It's just testing week, let the guy just focus on his work!

Reactions: 5
I didn’t want to fuel the topic because it’s so horrible and actually painful to think about but I will say, the drivers are put in a really tricky situation when asked about this or if we stick to a much smaller scale - the FIA and Masi.

Obviously they’re media trained and told to say certain things but then reporters go and surprise them with questions (like they asked Seb Charles Max Alonso and Yuki if they feel sympathy for Masi and Max said yes so people are like obvs you would as you benefit from him) and they’re probably overwhelmed (I know this happens to me, I’m not the most eloquent speaker when unprepared) and ramble tit.
So sometimes it maybe is better to say really nothing at all than to go and hurt people especially when it’s such a burning topic. Not defending Daniel’s crappy answer about Russia, he should be held accountable 100%, but just saying there’s probably not too much to read into it. Of course he’s not gonna say yup war is great because he’s not a dick. He said the FIA has to decide whether the race in Russia will happen or not and that, to me, proves me entire point or being as neutral as possible to the media before people turn your ever word into something hateful. I really wish he stood up more for things like that, like Seb, but I understand the hesitation for nothing doing it, that’s what I mean.

These media things in F1 are really tricky, whatever drivers say gets turned against them so I understand hesitation to answer questions properly.
Kimi was always accused of dodging questions in a harsh way (which - fair enough - he did) but then he went and donated silently to children in need etc. So the media is not the full story for any of them.
(Excluding Haas Driver #9 from all of this, I won’t say a single kind thing about him)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.