Formula 1 Wags #167 All Aboard....

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
not sure if they had replaced the power unit yet
but yeah his first p20 i believe without dnf
I know it's only practice etc etc but he has to be worried about his stock falling if Oscar is near/ on a par. Tough place mentally I should think.

Not too far of a stretch to think teams would take Oscar rather than Lando at some point in the near future as well.

I suppose Lando has marketability as an advantage. My opinion obvs.

Reactions: 6
I know it's only practice etc etc but he has to be worried about his stock falling if Oscar is near/ on a par. Tough place mentally I should think.

Not too far of a stretch to think teams would take Oscar rather than Lando at some point in the near future as well.

I suppose Lando has marketability as an advantage. My opinion obvs.
This is what I’ve been saying. F1 moves so fast and one day you’re hot property and then the next someone else is. It doesn’t stand still for anyone and Oscar is already so well thought of

Reactions: 4
Forgive me if it’s been posted I’ve not scrolled back.
I imagine the Lewis Angela thing is just simply Mercedes wanting a mechanic.
there are rules on how many people can be on the floor so to speak, and Angela was always there at the expense of another crew member. That’s why other teams don’t have an Angela, they value the mechanics more.
with Mercedes struggling I’d guess the hey are prioritising.

Reactions: 3
there are rules on how many people can be on the floor so to speak, and Angela was always there at the expense of another crew member. That’s why other teams don’t have an Angela, they value the mechanics more.
I mean others teams do have an Angela
Port cop is on the floor with Yuki and was with daniel

I may be wrong, but Angela I believe is employed by Lewis, and not Mercedes. So that would have no impact on costs as he pays her wages. George’s physio/trainer is employed through Merc, but not Angela. It’s similar to Britta with Seb in that respect. Angela would have left Merc if Lewis did when she was still working

Edit : Oh wait I see what you mean I read it wrong. There’s no way they’d ask him to give her up. Plus if anything it actually saves the mechanics a job because now one of them is having to do what she does rather than focus on the car

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I may be wrong, but Angela I believe is employed by Lewis, and not Mercedes. So that would have no impact on costs as he pays her wages. George’s physio/trainer is employed through Merc, but not Angela. It’s similar to Britta with Seb in that respect. Angela would have left Merc if Lewis did when she was still working

Edit : Oh wait I see what you mean I read it wrong. There’s no way they’d ask him to give her up. Plus if anything it actually saves the mechanics a job because now one of them is having to do what she does rather than focus on the car
yeah i think if she did leave for that it was a combination of seeing how much more work was needed and her wanted to start her own journey after 7 years. Lewis 'sacrificing' a PT on the floor rather than a mechanic makes a great story though

yeah i think if she did leave for that it was a combination of seeing how much more work was needed and her wanted to start her own journey after 7 years. Lewis 'sacrificing' a PT on the floor rather than a mechanic makes a great story though
There’s just no way Merc would risk potentially destabilising him right now. People forget how routine driven these guys are and it’s super difficult for them to adapt to change, let alone to something that’s been in place for 7 years. And let’s be honest, one extra mechanic isn’t gonna fix that car 😂

• Haha
There was a rule that said you could only have x amount of staff in the pit. This was from the FIA to stop teams having 30 odd mechanics in the garage. When Lewis had Angela it meant one less mechanic.
At one point I think Checo also wanted an assistant and was told that wasn’t possible due to Rab not being willing to lose someone from the team for it.

Reactions: 2
So I have just seen this on Reddit and OMG they look exactly the same
1679067774098.png

---
There was a rule that said you could only have x amount of staff in the pit. This was from the FIA to stop teams having 30 odd mechanics in the garage. When Lewis had Angela it meant one less mechanic.
At one point I think Checo also wanted an assistant and was told that wasn’t possible due to Rab not being willing to lose someone from the team for it.
yeah i belive aston chooses to the the same

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I just don’t see why a bad year would mean that has to change. One mechanic will not make a significant difference. It’s definitely her choice and I’d imagine he’ll get someone to stand in eventually if it’s too difficult to manage without. Every driver has one of some sort

Isn't the trainer/physio almost always with the driver? It would seem strange that a team would tell a driver that needs to change. That's different than an assistant although they seem to fulfill that role at times as well. As far as Aston I'm not sure about Lance but Fernando has one of his physio guys on the floor with him at at every race. I suppose it's team dependent but I would assume the trainers are a built in fixture if that's what a driver wants. There are probably plenty of other people in the garage that can be booted in favor of a mechanic if it's a numbers issue.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.