Formula 1 Wags #167 All Aboard....

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Actually if they want George to be #1 number, Mick is a perfect choice for #2. Plus Mercedes+Schumacher is a combination to die for.

The thing with teams is that even if they say they don't have #1 and #2 drivers, they really do. And for example Lando won't willingly go and play #2 now. He should have done that maybe two years ago and now he'd probably have more choices. Now he is stuck being #1 at the tractor and he is too expensive for some teams.
The only thing with Mick is, no offence but he’s a liability. You can’t have someone costing that much in damage. He seems to lose confidence so easily and yes Merc would want a second driver but they need to be close to George to actually be a help to him

Reactions: 8
I think Mick is going to end up at Alpha Tauri.
Yeah I think his best option is going to some form of a development focused team. I just think putting him in a merc who are under more pressure than ever to get back to the top and fight for race wins isn't the most ideal environment for driver development, which Mick needs quite a bit of currently.

On top of that, some of the things Valtteri had said lately just confirms merc really isn't the most ideal place for him

Reactions: 5
I’ve decided I’m blaming George for Mercs downfall. It all started with him!! VB please come back 🥲

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Yeah I think his best option is going to some form of a development focused team. I just think putting him in a merc who are under more pressure than ever to get back to the top and fight for race wins isn't the most ideal environment for driver development, which Mick needs quite a bit of currently.

On top of that, some of the things Valtteri had said lately just confirms merc really isn't the most ideal place for him
so Mick really wants a mullet?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Martin just thinks that it's because Angela is wanting a change/be with her kids. Doesn't sound like an issue with Lewis/Lewis retiring as he said Lewis will get someone new etc.

Reactions: 4
The only thing with Mick is, no offence but he’s a liability. You can’t have someone costing that much in damage. He seems to lose confidence so easily and yes Merc would want a second driver but they need to be close to George to actually be a help to him
Agree with this too. In the position that Merc are currently, then need as many resources as possible going into development. They cant afford to have a driver who has had an estimated $8.5mil in crash damages in 2 years 😬

I do think Merc would consider him, he just won't be their first choice

Reactions: 4
Martin just thinks that it's because Angela is wanting a change/be with her kids. Doesn't sound like an issue with Lewis/Lewis retiring as he said Lewis will get someone new etc.
Someone on twitter found an interview w Lewis last year where he was talking about the inspirational women in his life and he mentioned Angela and how they’d been together so long and he actually said she said to him then 7 years is probably her limit so I don’t think it’s as unplanned as it seems. Like I said, she was probably still contracted in Bahrain and now isn’t

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I really don't think Lewis is retiring anytime soon. Stranger things have happened but he's given no indication that he's ready to leave. It seems Angela leaving is just a coincidence that is happening alongside Mercedes struggling.

Also wanted to point out his standout moment in the press conference yesterday when most drivers were doing the "yeah it's definitely better here now and we feel safe, so much progress being made, etc" and Lewis was like "I think the opposite of what everyone just said."

Love him.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I really don't think Lewis is retiring anytime soon. Stranger things have happened but he's given no indication that he's ready to leave. It seems Angela leaving is just a coincidence that is happening alongside Mercedes struggling.

Also wanted to point out his standout moment in the press conference yesterday when most drivers were doing the "yeah it's definitely better here now and we feel safe, so much progress being made, etc" and Lewis was like "I think the opposite of what everyone just said."

Love him.
I think this is why people are thinking he’s disgruntled or unhappy this weekend. I’ve seen that written a lot in the press but to me that has less to do with the car and more to do with the environment. It goes against everything he believes in to be there and clearly he’s uncomfortable. Think there’s just a whole load of coincidences going on right now that are feeding into narratives people are already trying to run

Reactions: 6
I think this is why people are thinking he’s disgruntled or unhappy this weekend. I’ve seen that written a lot in the press but to me that has less to do with the car and more to do with the environment. It goes against everything he believes in to be there and clearly he’s uncomfortable. Think there’s just a whole load of coincidences going on right now that are feeding into narratives people are already trying to run
see this is why i wanted to hear your thoughts...

Reactions: 2

Love him.
He knows he can say it (just like Seb knew). Noone is going to punish him or the team in any way. The others can't. Even if there is always said how the drivers can and should speak about things, in reality they really really can't. :censored:

Reactions: 5
see this is why i wanted to hear your thoughts...
Always around to offer some completely uninformed takes 🤣
---
He knows he can say it (just like Seb knew). Noone is going to punish him or the team in any way. The others can't. Even if there is always said how the drivers can and should speak about things, in reality they really really can't. :censored:
They’re allowed if they’re asked direct questions by journalists

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.