Formula 1 Wags #165 Testing time!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ted asking if its unprofessional to wave at Lando while hes in the car as if Lando doesn't wave at as many people as possible in practice sessions 😅
Also reminds me of that time Max and Lando were giving eachother the middle finger during a session 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
YAY, Elena is back with her questionable fashion choices! And who wears sandal straps over jeans? That can't be even comfortable. This is just dumb.
1677343855556.png
1677344038332.png

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
Will Buxton saying Lando punched the wall (not too hard but clearly out of frustration) in his driver room after todays session 😬

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I feel for Lando. But what was he thinking when he signed that contract? Never lock yourself down like that, unless you’re Max with RB. Even Lewis has never signed for more than 2 years at a time with Merc. Oscar I feel it matters less for as he needs time to settle anyway, plus I’m ngl idk why people think Merc/Ferrari will be looking at Lando and not him because to me, he’s as good an option. So now Landos also got potential competition for any top seat that does come available from his own teammate which he hasn’t had for a while seeing as they were never going to sign Daniel

Reactions: 6
I feel for Lando. But what was he thinking when he signed that contract? Never lock yourself down like that, unless you’re Max with RB. Even Lewis has never signed for more than 2 years at a time with Merc. Oscar I feel it matters less for as he needs time to settle anyway, plus I’m ngl idk why people think Merc/Ferrari will be looking at Lando and not him because to me, he’s as good an option. So now Landos also got potential competition for any top seat that does come available from his own teammate which he hasn’t had for a while seeing as they were never going to sign Daniel
I do hope he has exit clauses in his contract and he's on the phone to his manager right now for ways out tbh.. This is a bit extreme, but he can't waste anymore time in this team.. This is his 5th year..he's not a rookie anymore trying to prove himself, he now has to put himself up there with the best if he's going to be one of them

Reactions: 6
I do hope he has exit clauses in his contract and he's on the phone to his manager right now for ways out tbh.. This is a bit extreme, but he can't waste anymore time in this team.. This is his 5th year..he's not a rookie anymore trying to prove himself, he now has to put himself up there with the best if he's going to be one of them
The problem is - where to go though? TOP teams don't have a free seat (unless we are talking about Red Bull, but would it be wise to play number 2 to Max?).

I'm going to make a crazy wild guess and say.......
MILAN
💀 💀
Or... Bahrain! :sneaky:

Reactions: 1
I agree. 2021/22 I’d imagine he’d have been top of the list for the 3 top teams to sign should a space become available but you can’t rest on your laurels forever. Eventually other drivers will show their hand, and the way everyone was talking about Piastri in DTS, he’s insanely highly regarded. Obviously it’s difficult to say when he hasn’t even raced yet but if can even stay close to Lando this season he’s going to be on everyone’s radar too

Will Buxton saying Lando punched the wall (not too hard but clearly out of frustration) in his driver room after todays session 😬
Yeah his face and the jumping around flicking off the camera (jokingly) I dont see as really joking. I think he is currently beyond pissed. Clearly Mclaren is not even looking part of the midfield at this point and if thats the case, he can literally kiss any chance at a world title away. i know that seems like a lot, but Mclaren obviously screwed up the overall all design this year again. the floor dragging again and the over all just lack of pace is way more than the brakes.
---
honestly i think lando threw out 20 million which was way more than he would have gotten elsewhere
and zak said okay
so yeah, pure cash... but also being the star of the team

Reactions: 5
Yeah his face and the jumping around flicking off the camera (jokingly) I dont see as really joking. I think he is currently beyond pissed. Clearly Mclaren is not even looking part of the midfield at this point and if thats the case, he can literally kiss any chance at a world title away. i know that seems like a lot, but Mclaren obviously screwed up the overall all design this year again. the floor dragging again and the over all just lack of pace is way more than the brakes.
---

honestly i think lando threw out 20 million which was way more than he would have gotten elsewhere
and zak said okay
Agree about the design. I’m always cautious of being overly optimistic/pessimistic in testing but just purely from looking at it the car looks an absolute nightmare to drive. I can’t see significant improvements from last year really. Maybe their technical team is in need of an overhaul. Just look at Aston Martin, they signed a top flight engineer and the car improves the minute he gets his hands on it.

And honestly if it was a money thing then sorry but I don’t feel much sympathy. George earns what, just under £10 million at Merc? That’s more than enough for a driver with no winning experience

Reactions: 7
The problem is - where to go though? TOP teams don't have a free seat (unless we are talking about Red Bull, but would it be wise to play number 2 to Max?).
He would be there with a chance to show if he can measure up to Max though. He won't show anything if he doesn't have the car. And if he does, another team might give him the chance to fight for championships, if not red bull. It's nice saying he's got the potential but where is it?? Finishing p15 at best this year?

and zak said okay
The star of a team finishing last..at least George in Williams had some kind of promise/hope for the Mercedes seat

Its also a rough spot for him to be in with Oscar. The whole car is new to Oscar so really the only expectation is not to crash it. But Lando obviously with the full mclaren experience knows exactly what is up. So its kind of hard to be a positive leader and improve the car when its not going anywhere. reminds me of seb in a way last year. i honestly think landos shot would be nando's replacement at aston... if he and stroll could work out their rich boy differences

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.