Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CateMaes

Hi, I’m Cate.
Been lurking for a few months, having just got back into F1 after a lengthy break (before this year, the last one I saw still had Murray Walker commentating!), & I just want to thank you all for making me LOL during what’s been a fairly sucky year so far.
I appreciate you all.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Sc1909

VIP Member
If someone presents themselves the way that other people find it boring, then it's boring. Then I think she is boring as well. It is as it is. And guess what - this is not about Luisa. Because the world doesn't revolve around her. ;)

I don't know why, but there always seem to be some moralists when there is a discussion about Luisa. Talk about Kelly, Charlotte or anyone else, and noone tells a thing, but heaven forbid you say something about Luisa and suddenly a bunch of defenders. Even when it's only slightly tipping into criticism. And sometimes not even that. I kinda feel that people overromantize her and her relationship with Lando to absolute naivety at some points. She is not perfect nor flawless. And she is not a little girl who has not idea how the world works, she knows exactly what she does online and how to do it for her benefit. (and I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but there is nothing wrong about pointing it out either or having discussion about it)

(and unfortunately many people doesn't get sarcasm either)
If I’m a moralist so be it but I think you’ll find I’ve been that way about all the ‘wags.’

you can still be a nosy bitch and be a decent person with morals at the same time.

I’m an adult with a partner, children of my own and professional job. I don’t need to over romanticise anyones relationship as I’m busy enough with my own. Nor am I naive. Got vast swathes of life experience here.

I just have a problem with the narrative that’s been built over the last month or so on here. They are in their early twenties. On and off again relationships are a right of passage for lots at that age. Not everyone has their shit together at 22. It really doesn’t need this whole PR rubbish where some are claiming they have a contract. Get a grip.

Reactions: 21

Pole er bear

VIP Member
We are Back to Race Week in Singapore after 2 weeks off
Multiple Wags and Drivers at Milan Fashion Week
Pierre and Kika have been launched, although people took a while to accept how kika looks at various angles
Max V and Kelly went all out with Lando and crew in Monaco
Lando decided DJing was a nice distraction cover from his slagging
(we wont forget the girls who's follows were lost)
FINALLY got Yuki and Zhou announced
Goatifi is out and no one is surprised but has many tributes
STILL waiting on Haas and Williams to get their shit together
but in the meantime Pierre is out at Ferrari fashion shows in ferrari cars
we are all accepting that Daniel will be out for 2023, and scratching our heads at what he's plotting
but he has publically proclaimed his love for Heidi so potential engagement?
rumored engagements are Sandy and Elena, but nothing confirmed/denied
but enough of that let's go racing
and crown Max already so the slags can focus on slagging on raceweek instead

Also excuse me as I RUN to Sam's Club to buy this
(it says age 6+)
kart!.JPG

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18

e456

I'm not throwing shade at Lewis here but it feels like George is going to outshine him, Lewis is obviously incredible but did he have it too easy at Merc in a dominant car that he's seen his best days now? George had had to extract the best out of shitboxes the last few years that he might have the competitive edge. Merc don't look like they'll be competing with red bull any time soon, maybe Lewis will bow out gracefully, but I think it'll be the end of next season at the earliest. I can't see him getting his 8th title
Sorry but it’s been well documented that he gave up the first half of the season and allowed his car to be tested on in order to learn more about their problems- Lewis has said this himself, Ross Brawn talked about it recently. George was tasked with getting out there and getting maximum points, which he did. Aside from Spa (where Lewis crashed) and Monza (engine penalty) George hasn’t beaten Lewis on pure pace since Baku. Even at the start of the season luck was firmly in GR’s favour with safety cars (story of Lewis’ life tbh). The main obstacle to Lewis’ 8th title is Mercedes’ ability to catch up to Red bull. He’s made it clear he’s not leaving until he gets another shot at it though.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Sc1909

VIP Member
I really don’t think the Lando lusia stuff is that deep.
All this PR relationship stuff is just 🤯 all due respect Lando isn’t smart enough to pull that off and had no need to enter a PR relationship either.

This chat used to be really funny but it’s verging into nasty especially towards one or two specific wags or now non wags 🙄

Sure I’ll now be flamed but whatever.

• Heart

suzananneboyle

Chatty Member
I've joined here as I've seen there are couple of sarcastic people who like gossip or even conspiracies, but it seems like only those people are allowed to participate in such chat. I've seen people talking or implying about nature of some F1 couple relationships many threads back, but of course "some folk" cannot say a thing. Sorry, but I feel like there seems to be some kind of close little clique and when someone new comes here, they are basically chased away. I should have known as I've noticed this even before when I was just lurking.

At first I wanted to further ignore this, but that last comment was seriously enough. It's very "nice" to know new people are not welcome here as "they take over". Maybe you should make these threads private then for an exclusive group of invite only people. Or at least write it in the thread summary for newbies to not even bother. I'm not angry at anyone, but I'm very disappointed as I thought I could have some fun with similar thinking people and majority of the people seem like fun, but guess not. Sorry if I such gravely offended someone. 💔
I'm gonna comment on this matter one more time before I leave. I really don't mean this as a personal dig as everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and i'm not even sure if SC1909 meant certain people, but I wanna share why I agree with her for the most part. It's gonna be a long post, read it or not, I don't care.

I've been actively engaging in this thread for about a year, before that I was lurking. I've always liked this thread as it was 95% fun and jokes and people with the same humor, but I agree it has gotten more serious as time went on. Just want to say it's abviously not a problem to have these type of conversations in between all the funny stuff, but I can also imagine that people get tired of seeing these conversations on this topic over and over. The thing is: I've started to like Luisa over the course of the past year (which of course, not everyone has to) but lately i'm almost afraid to talk about anything Luisa or Lando related because I know that anything she does or says will be criticized by some people, and that includes you (so far i'm only stating facts, right?).

I'm not saying it's wrong to criticize her, go ahead, but there are also people on this thread that like Luisa. I can imagine how those two opinions would clash and how that would result in some people leaning towards claiming this thread has gotten more vile or critical. It's never fun to see someone you like get criticized - but you're right, everyone should be able to post what they want since everyone can read and post here. No one should feel like they aren't allowed to be a part of this thread. I'm just hoping you (and others, this isn't only about you but since you replied i'm quoting your post) can understand why the criticism every time Luisa or Lando is mentioned can be a bit painful to read for someone who genuinely likes them. I think that's what SC1909 meant by taking over, it's fine to take over but we can't deny that the criticism on Lando and Luisa (and probably all the wags) have increased lately, shifting the focus of this thread a little. Which is not just your fault.

Not sure if it will be like this with other wags since we don't talk as much about them, and I think someone mentioned before that somehow it's always Luisa/Lando that spark these type of conversations. To me that implies that there are clashing opinions about how people feel about her. Some like her and praise her (which is fine), some don't like her and criticize her (which is also fine). It's just that those two opinions can clash when they're combined in the same thread which can cause people to feel unwelcome or turned against and that's the part that's unfortunate.

It might be my own fault for not recognizing sarcasm (although I would consider myself very sarcastic sometimes) or it may be a matter of things not coming across the way you or others intend it to. Again, I want to state that i'm not trying to accuse you or fight with you, but i just wanted to give my honest opinion on what I think is the cause of this situation we're in. I think I said enough about this topic already and i'm sure people are tired of me posting about it but I just had to say it. Lurking mode activated.

• Heart

yukinobambino

Chatty Member
Alphatauri vs Williams, battle of the bathtub bros

I'll give the win to Williams, they really leaned into the homoeroticism vibe

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

Futtrit

VIP Member
The other thread doesn't ever really discuss wags at all. It's just thirsty banter really, chat rather than a topic based thread. Quite a few people post in both (myself included).

However I am considering setting up my own thread where NOBODY TALKS ABOUT RANIEL DICCIARDO! 🤣

• Haha
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 13

spielberg

VIP Member
I'm gonna go get a job at Ferrari as a strategist now. I'll be head of strategy by Sunday.
the interview will be as following:
are you Italian? do you know someone who is italian? do you know the Italian anthem by heart? do you know that Spagetti Carbonara is made with Pasta Lunga? are you pretty? are you open to do crazy things? can you do the minions theme song?
YOU'RE HIRED.

• Haha

monza

VIP Member
Real lifeing hard while being heavily sleep deprived makes me feel sick as fuck

Can't even find strength to process what my sister sends me, let alone to follow twitter, instagram and here 😭
Hope I'll recover in few days even though they are going to be hectic

Looking forward to catching up, especially to understanding this 😅

Screenshot_20220930_164855.jpg

You know some shit is on fire when Il Confessore increaes his level of trolling 😂

• Haha
  • Heart