Formula 1 Wags #130 PEAR HURRY UP AND GET YOUR CROISSANT OUT!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s tit for DR. It really is. But the team exists for one reason only- to be competitive. He’s had a season and a half and not only has he been beaten by his team mate, he’s been so far behind him it’s been painful to watch. Mclaren don’t have another year to wait for him to catch up, no team would.

Its cutthroat and unpleasant but points = money, and he’s not bringing the points.

I would be tit at running a team cause I’d be hanging on for years waiting for him to get good again, but it’s not going to happen.

Reactions: 16
During one of my thousand monologues "how could an average driver destroy team as powerful as Renault" my sister just muttered "below-average".
Stupid witch (she is reading this)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
You know what I'll actually pee myself of laughter if all this drama was in fact just pointless rumours and Daniel stays at McLaren after all and Oscar is going to be forced to drive for Alpine

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I agree. And I do think this was the best move for McLaren and for DR. But DR has been on a PR blitz about how committed he is to this team. And all that was happening while they were obviously in talks with other people. But you’re right, its the name of the game in F1. I mean McLaren has done to him what he did to Renault. 🤷‍♀️
I just feel bad for him and I’m not ever the biggest fan.
Agree with everything here basically. I get that at the end of the day this is a business and they need to do what's best for them and this might also give DR a chance at a car he works better with but I still can't help but feel sad for him. Not angry with McLaren or anything but definitely think they could have handled this situation a lot better so as to not make things awkward for DR, especially after him showing them his support and intentions to stick to them.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It’s a tit situation to be in for all parties involved, Daniel of course but also both teams and Oscar. I guess all we can do is hoping that it resolves soon in a manner that makes everyone happy.
Oscar will have Tom as a race engineer so there's that too 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It’s tit for DR. It really is. But the team exists for one reason only- to be competitive. He’s had a season and a half and not only has he been beaten by his team mate, he’s been so far behind him it’s been painful to watch. Mclaren don’t have another year to wait for him to catch up, no team would.

Its cutthroat and unpleasant but points = money, and he’s not bringing the points.

I would be tit at running a team cause I’d be hanging on for years waiting for him to get good again, but it’s not going to happen.
I think he low key brought them money, even without the points though. But yes, being competitive is the name of the game. The whole way it was managed was just crappy.

Reactions: 6
Oscar will have Tom as a race engineer so there's that too 🥴
He could do worse than a highly educated man that’s known to be one of the best in his field with years and years of experience, and a former Olympic athlete that knows about the mental pressure of being an athlete.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I agree. And I do think this was the best move for McLaren and for DR. But DR has been on a PR blitz about how committed he is to this team. And all that was happening while they were obviously in talks with other people. But you’re right, its the name of the game in F1. I mean McLaren has done to him what he did to Renault. 🤷‍♀️
I just feel bad for him and I’m not ever the biggest fan.
Wasn’t his contract with Renault technically just a 2-year (2019/2020) one and he just chose not to renew? Same with Red Bull in 2018… So it’s kind of not really the same?

Reactions: 4
I just keep thinking of the report that Daniel got chocked up telling the team in the factory he was dedicated to them and would see out his contract

😭😭😭
I forgot about this because at the moment I thought it was a cringe tool people use to describe how much he and the team love each other

Still makes me puke now for different reason #crazyfan

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.