Formula 1 Wags #119

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good news that they got you sorted before it got any worse ❤

Real life warning (I don't know how to do a spoiler so skip past if you're not interested)

My brain has been quite broken since the stress of working at home during the pandemic while home schooling and also autism attention issues coming to the surface again. I have no concentration levels and am trapped in a feeling of being over whelmed. My usual go to systems for concentration and work related tasks aren't working at the minute so if anyone has anything that works for them would you mind sharing please?

Thanking you ❤
The pandemic, homeschooling, working from home and having ADD, what you wrote is very recognizable for me,i also have/had issues with concentration.
I can agree what others wrote before me. When the usual systems don't work anymore. It is time to take care of yourself. Very hard when you have so many responsebilities.
What helped me: go for a walk (it doesn't have to be a long walk, just 5 or 10 minutes can help). Listen to music with headphones on. When i was to tired to read (normally a system for me to switch my chaotic brain of), i started to listen to audiobooks.
And try to switch of the feelings of guilt. At first i was feeling guilty for taking time for myself, because i am a mom, a wife, an employee, etc.
But you are also you. Very important.

Big hug for you

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Thanks everyone, I'm just knackered from it all now and am not coping with it but I know I'll get through it ❤
Try using lists... break down what you need to do into smaller chunks and build in free time for pleasure. It can be motivating to check off what needs to be done. Good luck!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Maybe they’re road tripping to France. I’m so confused though because Lando was in England yesterday no? For the shoot that wasn’t.
They flew to Monaco last night with Jen Jen, Lu and Jen both posted stories on the same jet, probs driving towards where the race is now

Reactions: 8
Thanks everyone, I'm just knackered from it all now and am not coping with it but I know I'll get through it ❤
You will ❤ sometimes things get too much and that’s total valid, just make sure you’re not powering through it but give your mind and body the break you deserve ❤

Reactions: 5
Apparently the F1 drivers get to choose the track that they give up the FP for and Lewis choose this one
Yes, I think the drivers (Lewis and George) get presented a bunch of options depending on the availability of the young drivers. George probably wants some more track time in what is still a new car for him before sitting out.
I meant it's odd Mercedes is doing this test now in Le Castellet when they've said they've got a lot of upgrades for France to close the gap in front. I kind of thought they'd want their main drivers feedback from Free Practice for that.

Yes, I think the drivers (Lewis and George) get presented a bunch of options depending on the availability of the young drivers. George probably wants some more track time in what is still a new car for him before sitting out.
I meant it's odd Mercedes is doing this test now in Le Castellet when they've said they've got a lot of upgrades for France to close the gap in front. I kind of thought they'd want their main drivers feedback from Free Practice for that.
Wonder when the decision is made for it though? Is it only decided close to the race week or do they review the calendar further out, like if they decided pre season which track they would give up practice on that would make more sense I suppose.

I get it though about the upgrades, have every bit of me crossed that these make the difference

Wonder when the decision is made for it though? Is it only decided close to the race week or do they review the calendar further out, like if they decided pre season which track they would give up practice on that would make more sense I suppose.

I get it though about the upgrades, have every bit of me crossed that these make the difference
They would need to plan quite a bit ahead with the young drivers themselves racing in different series. It also needs to be a track on which it makes sense, so one the main drivers know well where missing out on FP1 isn't too damaging but also a track that's relatively easy so the young driver is less at risk of crashing. Sprint weekend are usually a no go. So for the rest of the season, I'd imagine France, Hungary, maybe Spa, Monza. Usually I'd say Brazil but that's a Sprint. Maybe even Mexico or Austin, probably Abu Dhabi but not sure. So considering the track difficulty and limited driver availability plus things like seat fitting and sim time for the young drivers, I'm sure they're planning it before the season even starts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.