Formula 1 WAGS #106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He fucked up his entire career with a single sentence. He was a shoo in for that Alpha Tauri seat, him or Liam. He really should know better.
Also it shouldn’t have to take having something to lose to refrain from using racial slurs 🥴

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yeah the joke is dead now. Once the person the joke is about makes merch for it, it’s over. But let’s be honest, I’ll probably buy the tshirt cos I’m a simp 😂
... quickly hiding my El Plan merch behind the couch...

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I genuinely want to hear your guys’ opinions on this one because for once I have none of my own because I’m so conflicted on it: Should Red Bull investigate Liam as well for his reaction to the slur?
uh tough one, he did kinda call jüri out but it wasn't like a "omg how can you say that word" reaction but rather "omg you're on your way to get the you're fired paper from helmut"
it just shows that you really never know how people's personalities truly are
i think they should definitely have a proper harsh media training with all their academy drivers
*although they have enough drivers in their academy, liam and jüri were the most promising racing wise which os no excuse at all... it's going to be interesting how they decide on things

Reactions: 10
I genuinely want to hear your guys’ opinions on this one because for once I have none of my own because I’m so conflicted on it: Should Red Bull investigate Liam as well for his reaction to the slur?
I haven’t properly watched it…give me a few minutes and I’ll comment 🙂

Reactions: 6
idk how to a make a new gif, but insert here Blake's "bro the joke is over" 😂😂
😂 The joke has been over for a while.. If Ryanair are tweeting it, you know it's done. Hopefully, everyone has it out of their systems now.

Though is saying you're over the joke, the equivalent of making the joke at this point?!?

(Using 'you' in the general sense. Not specifically aimed at anyone. )

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I'm not sure, it can be hard to call out a friend, and it might have been out of nervousness he had the reaction he had when he called him out.

Reactions: 5
😂 The joke has been over for a while.. If Ryanair are tweeting it, you know it's done. Hopefully, everyone has it out of their systems now.

Though is saying you're over the joke, the equivalent of making the joke at this point?!?

(Using 'you' in the general sense. Not specifically aimed at anyone. )
yeah but it is everywhere past 2 weeks . i think it is so annoying for Pierre too at this point 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I'm going to be honest, i really saw jüri in line for a F1 seat - Alpha or RB eventually - i really liked him and his driving, but i want to make clear here that i in no way support such behaviourism - it's never okay to say such things and he should have been aware of that (like the same thing happened last yesr and we are in the 21 CENTURY)
it feels really weird knowing that your "favourite" (dunno if i still feel this way) driver ruined his whole career and chances amd possibilities
Also really impressed by the quick response from Red Bull. Key decision makers in his suspension would likely be somewhere between the UK and Austria, but they took quick action late in their evening. The logistics of getting that done so quickly shows how committed they are to distancing themselves from racism and homophobia. If we are looking to take one positive from it

How’s everyone’s F1 fantasy league going ladies? Whoever finishes last should have to do this

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I work in HR, and while he's technically not a red bull employee, the same due diligence should apply to contractors as it would for employees, where the common practice is that any relevant evidence associated with any offending action being investigated would also be reviewed

But I doubt there would be any impact for Lawson, like just a behind the scenes, informal bit of training for how to handle something like that in the future

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.