Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HaloGirl

VIP Member
Off we go again. Singapore GP this weekend. Max is virtually F1 2022 Champion. We are wondering what Ferrari’s forthcoming strategies will be - don’t make Charles scream again! Has anyone checked if Esteban is ok now it seems Pierre is joining Alpine aka team France? And I know we all want a Lewis win to save his record. A Seb podium will be fitting too. Zhou will be with Alfa Romeo next season. And didn’t Nyck de Vries done so well?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
W Series is reportedly in financial trouble. 7.5 million in debt, may not complete it's season. May not have the 500k to pay Jamie Chadwick prize money. Will have no hospitality in Singapore, the company are owed too much money and refusing to turn up. Whisper TV who do host broadcasting, which airs in around 30 territories also not sending a crew either. Their hopes for an investor have failed so far, an American investor pulled out.

W Series could be on its last legs. It's a nice idea, but the cars are too slow, there's no route to F3 and up the ladder even with the prize money. Just didn't get going properly. And COVID didn't help.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
If the shoe was on the other foot and Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes etc breached the cost cap can you imagine what Horner would be like? But because its them he takes this holier than thou stance and brings mental health into it.
Horner has been slinging shit and accusations at Ferrari and Mercedes endlessly the last few years, suddenly it's getting slung back and he can't handle it.

He's a weak, spinless, hypocrite.

Reactions: 16

xoxogossip_girl

VIP Member
Thoughts from the season.

1. Max as unlikeable as ever, I question the sanity of any of his fans, sorry, not sorry.
  2. W13 was a mess, throw the whole concept away for next year please.
  3. Not even one surprise winner or podium was disappointing.
  4. Better racing on track still didn’t deliver any exciting results.
  5. Seb bowing out at the right time and I wish him nothing but happiness, what an incredible driver and person all round.
excited for next season. I think there will be some explosive team mate pairings.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Vanelope

VIP Member
Lance Stroll is a very average F1 driver who has a dad who owns a team. He has to be a decent driver to even control the car, so he is up there with them all, but he wouldn’t have a seat if his dad didn’t own a team.
Alonso is playing the game like the old pro he is.

Reactions: 15

HaloGirl

VIP Member
Sound like a broken record but f right off anyone who disrespects Martin Brundle on the grid walk. Cara Delevingne was so rude - good on Mart pointing out she is expected to speak to him. Sam Ryder tho what a darl.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Heidi88

VIP Member
If the shoe was on the other foot and Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes etc breached the cost cap can you imagine what Horner would be like? But because its them he takes this holier than thou stance and brings mental health into it.

Reactions: 13

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Christian was very much like "it was resolved behind closed doors now we move on". No chance him speaking against golden child
and completely ignoring that said golden child threw the whole team under the bus, and the way he spoke to GP on the radio.

i think it’s going to be interesting next season though. checo is/was the dream teammate, he has defended for max, given up position for max, rarely complains, plays the team game. he needed one thing from max, max wouldn’t do it, how is that dynamic going to play out next year?! max needs checo more than he realises.

that being said, i think max is so much in charge at red bull that i think he barely registers checo as a teammate. he only sees him as the second driver. probably thinks it was an insult to him that he, max, was asked to yield position. still in shock about it really.

• Sad

Vanelope

VIP Member
I have always thought he was reckless verging on dangerous - expecting everyone to yield when he did these dangerous passing manoeuvres - and my opinion has just gone further south. Horner and Marko have responsibility of enabling him- as well as his father’s influence - but I wonder if this tantrum/selfish behaviour will start his decline. He hold grudges, he won’t do drive to survive, he fights with the press, he undermines his team principal in public, he backstabs his teammate, he deliberately tries to take out Lewis and admits it. He’s got two asterisked world titles and thinks he’s untouchable. Is that good for F1 or just good for Max?

• Heart

Routron

Chatty Member
Seeing Yuki top qualifying gave me a bit of a (happy) shock, even if it was only for a few minutes and knew it was gonna be beaten!

Looking forward to tomorrow, hope it's not just a Max fest

• Heart