Formula 1 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Off we go again. Singapore GP this weekend. Max is virtually F1 2022 Champion. We are wondering what Ferrari’s forthcoming strategies will be - don’t make Charles scream again! Has anyone checked if Esteban is ok now it seems Pierre is joining Alpine aka team France? And I know we all want a Lewis win to save his record. A Seb podium will be fitting too. Zhou will be with Alfa Romeo next season. And didn’t Nyck de Vries done so well?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
i’m hoping we get some kind of alpine announcement soon! the rest of the grid is starting to slot together and i need to know 🧐 (and the other williams and haas seats of course!)

after this discussion in the last thread i think a seb and lewis podium is now be greatest wish for the remainder of this season. would be lovely to see them both there one last time before seb leaves :(

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I'm kinda sad the championship could be decided this weekend, I really enjoyed it going down to the last race (apart from the tit show of an ending that is).

Reactions: 7
How do we feel about more sprint races? Personally I enjoy them if they are at the right tracks.

i quite like them but, as you said, only in the right tracks. sometimes they can just turn into parade laps on tracks that don’t allow for much overtaking, but i generally find them entertaining and they make the race weekend a bit longer, which is a bonus!

I'm kinda sad the championship could be decided this weekend, I really enjoyed it going down to the last race (apart from the tit show of an ending that is).
i don’t think i fully appreciated how spoilt we were last year! it’s so rare for it to come right down to the final race like that (or has been more rare in recent years, i think nico was the last? 🧐) - it just makes it more interesting!

Reactions: 3
i quite like them but, as you said, only in the right tracks. sometimes they can just turn into parade laps on tracks that don’t allow for much overtaking, but i generally find them entertaining and they make the race weekend a bit longer, which is a bonus!

i don’t think i fully appreciated how spoilt we were last year! it’s so rare for it to come right down to the final race like that (or has been more rare in recent years, i think nico was the last? 🧐) - it just makes it more interesting!
I'm the same, I was so excited but then the ending completely over shadowed it, only now I'm realised how great it was. As for sprint races, I'm on the fence, along with more races, I'm glad but then again it just takes up too much time watching it. Especially with me being into football too and a season ticket holder for the team I support. Its going to be harder for me to watch the races live

Reactions: 4
I like them.
But they need to have a rethink of the engine allocation 4 engines for what will basically be 27 races full races is definitely not enough
Good point about the engines. I hadn't considered that.

I have only been able to watch two of the sprint races - Brazil last year where Lewis charged up the field from the back of the grid & whatever one that Alonso's car wouldn't start during the formation lap. I enjoyed both, but, as LaBlonde mentioned, I do see the potential that they could become parade laps at certain tracks.

I like them.
But they need to have a rethink of the engine allocation 4 engines for what will basically be 27 races full races is definitely not enough
this is an amazing point!

i feel like they also need to sort out the penalties and how they’re allocated for new engines etc. having half the grid take them in the same week so all the best drivers just work their way through the pack like the other week isn’t a penalty. i don’t know what they can do about it though 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 5
this is an amazing point!

i feel like they also need to sort out the penalties and how they’re allocated for new engines etc. having half the grid take them in the same week so all the best drivers just work their way through the pack like the other week isn’t a penalty. i don’t know what they can do about it though 🤣
Yeah i don't think the penalties should be lessened the more you take.

The penalty system is frustrating but at the same time I can’t think how they can do it differently 😂

Feels unfair for drivers and their championship if they essentially lose out on points twice if they dnf due to a mechanical issue and then take a grid drop the next race.

Also feels unfair when half the pack take penalties and a back of the grid isn’t so 🤷🏼‍♀️ Unless they had some sort of system where if you take a back of grid penalty then end up being 15th or something due to others also taking them the additional places are deducted from the next race?

Reactions: 2
The penalty system is frustrating but at the same time I can’t think how they can do it differently 😂

Feels unfair for drivers and their championship if they essentially lose out on points twice if they dnf due to a mechanical issue and then take a grid drop the next race.

Also feels unfair when half the pack take penalties and a back of the grid isn’t so 🤷🏼‍♀️ Unless they had some sort of system where if you take a back of grid penalty then end up being 15th or something due to others also taking them the additional places are deducted from the next race?
That would be worse, just making it even more complicated to understand.

i think the system they have now is as close to fair as it can be - i just wish that they would put some limit on how many drivers can take a penalty in the same race. when you have lewis, carlos, max etc all taking penalties in the same weekend it makes the whole thing pointless. they should limit it to two (maybe the first two who confirm?) and then stagger it. though i’m aware that also makes it complicated 🤣 it just never feels like an actual penalty to me when you have everyone from the back just making easy work of the rest in the first two laps.

@HaloGirl is right though, scrapping them entirely makes more sense, they don’t serve any purpose now with how powerful the cars are. max can get from p15 to p1 in about three laps 🤣 penalise the constructors instead of you need to.

I remember Crofty and Brundle talking about it and suggesting it should maybe be a reduction in points for the teams rather than drivers losing places.

I can’t see teams agreeing to anything close to that but the last few races with all the penalties were a ball ache. Surely there are better options.

alex is confirmed to race in singapore!

i don’t know how i feel about it - he’s obviously been checked and is feeling okay, but it’s such a hard going race, i would have felt better about him taking another week and giving nyck another chance. hope he goes okay though 🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 9
alex is confirmed to race in singapore!

i don’t know how i feel about it - he’s obviously been checked and is feeling okay, but it’s such a hard going race, i would have felt better about him taking another week and giving nyck another chance. hope he goes okay though 🤞🏻

I'm hoping if he gets in the car and doesn't feel OK that he will actually sit out rather than pushing through it.
But with how the drivers are even if he's in pain he'll want to continue.

Reactions: 4
Popping in to this other F1 thread to say hello. It feels like this has been a looong couple of weeks without racing, especially now a bunch of the other series like Indycar and Formula E etc are finished.

My hopes for this weekend are for the weather to provide us with an unexpected race winner. And that everything...helmets, drivers, cars... is covered in oodles of glitter to look fancy under the lights in Singapore 😅.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
W Series is reportedly in financial trouble. 7.5 million in debt, may not complete it's season. May not have the 500k to pay Jamie Chadwick prize money. Will have no hospitality in Singapore, the company are owed too much money and refusing to turn up. Whisper TV who do host broadcasting, which airs in around 30 territories also not sending a crew either. Their hopes for an investor have failed so far, an American investor pulled out.

W Series could be on its last legs. It's a nice idea, but the cars are too slow, there's no route to F3 and up the ladder even with the prize money. Just didn't get going properly. And COVID didn't help.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.