Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

aidil

VIP Member
It says a lot about how dull this season is that we’re so excited by P7! Absolutely buzzing for Alex though - what a drive! He’s so underrated.

Reactions: 13

kale-supremacist

VIP Member
At the end of the day, he's the one who took the decision to switch from Renault to McLaren. I'm very sad for him (and myself for losing both my fav the same year lol); but everyone has to live with the consequences of their choice. I'm not too worried about him, the man doesn't look like the type to get down or depressed for too long. He'll be fine.
Sad that he won't get to race in Vegas (but I hate all American races so really, is it that sad... no).

In other news, this was cute from Esteban.

Reactions: 12

F1Grid

VIP Member
Max is gonna have absolutely no chill tomorrow at the start and I'm scared Lewis will get taken out 😂

He's such a sourpuss when he isn't winning and dominating everything
He doesn't want to race, he wants to win. Grinds my gears.

Today proved the love Lewis still has for the sport IMO.

Instashamous

Chatty Member
It’s convenient that their ‘stand’ against sky sports also occurred on the weekend they’d seek to avoid too many questions about the cost cap 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I'm so torn over who to support. I've always been a Danny Ric fan and I'm struggling to 'get into it' this year without him. I'd have happily switched to Seb, but obv he's gone too 😭
*slides over in your direction*……. can i interest you in a really cute driver from monaco?! 😉

• Haha

LaBlonde

VIP Member
It's just an odd time to choose to make a stand like that? And for what? 🤷‍♀️ It's only made him look bad and fractured the relationship with his teammate.
i’ve been thinking about it most of the day (🤣) and it’s just bizarre to me that, whether you believe the monaco thing or not, he had a grudge that he had sat on for weeks/months and deliberately waited to play that card at a moment he knew checo would need him most. that’s a measure of maliciousness that is dangerous tbh, and i speak as someone who’s defended him previously.

as i said above, max is completely self-involved and i don’t think really acknowledges other drivers until they become a threat to him. lewis gets under his skin and he cannot race against him. he and charles have a weird relationship but i think he always knew ferrari would blow it so charles never felt like a threat either. checo was useful until he needed something. he was able to be friendly with daniel because i don’t think he ever saw daniel as being on his level.

will be intrigued to look back, ten years from now, and wonder what his long-term legacy will really be. i can’t see him being a deeply well loved world champion. but i also don’t think he cares. he doesn’t seem to get much actual joy from racing at all.

• Heart
  • Sad

xoxogossip_girl

VIP Member
Could Max be anymore unlikable?

We watched the 2021 season Max, you’re not exactly Mr Safety I Leave Room either…

• Heart

LaBlonde

VIP Member
it was the best race for a while but i have to say my increasing bad feelings about red bull soured it a bit 🤦🏼‍♀️ how was perez able to continue with his front wing like that when kmag has been called in multiple times for lesser issues?! i did read that haas has asked for clarification from the fia on that and i would love to hear it. how did gasly end up with a penalty and points on his licence for something perez did a few races back and had the world’s longest deliberation of a penalty for?!

did love lewis and max basically commentating on each other for the final few laps 🤣 but the way that no one seems able to catch that red bull still fills me with dread for next season. can only hope toto ignores the budget cap like he said he would now 🤣

also, i have to say that a five second penalty for an offence like george’s seems too lax. if you cause a collision that basically ends the other driver’s race then your penalty should be more severe imo.

Last edited:

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Max showing he thinks he’s better than the team. I couldn’t dislike him anymore than I do.

Happy for Mercedes with their 1-2. Brazil always delivers
both thinks he’s better than the team, and was outright spiteful and vengeful (apparently) towards a teammate who has only ever helped him out. ridiculous. AND implying he did nothing to stop the lewis collision.

complete contrast with carlos saying he would have let charles past if he’d been asked.

• Heart

LaBlonde

VIP Member
If Max didn't exist this could have actually been an interesting season! Alonso finally in a competitive car, Perez in the best car but inconsistent, Mercedes car maybe improving after upgrades, Lewis Vs George... Ferrari might still be depressing though...
ferrari are always depressing, it’s inevitable 🥲

i saw this message on the bbc live feed last night and i now want this to happen. like you say, there is so much potential (and like crofty said on commentary, would be an interesting battle for wins if max wasn’t there! 🤣)

IMG_3757.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
This shot is also so sweet. And there are so many adorable small individual moments: Landon looking up at George like that (we all would, right? He looks smoking hot) and Danny, Seb and Fernando just having a laugh in the back 🥺

Also I’m howling at Lewis and Checo being all friendly in the front and Max is barely noticeable in the back.
Valteri looks like the caterer who's just jumped in on the photo 😂

• Haha

HaloGirl

VIP Member
Friends,
Easy answer is Lewis isn’t going to retire for another 15 years. He’s going nowhere.
You are welcome. HaloGirl 💋

• Heart
  • Haha

MouthFullOfFangs

So happy for George (even though I do feel Lewis held back a tiny bit so he didn't have to race with him), much deserved regardless. The whole Max situation is an awful look for RB, so many bad comments on their socials over it.

Same as WelshGal though, max was starting to grow on me and I did feel a bit sorry for him giving his upbringing etc but then I saw Papa Perez looking upset and he can fuck right off