Formula 1 #10

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Checo thinks he’ll know about his RB contract for 2024 in the the next month so if he re-signs I’m not sure Daniel will make it to the summer break. It’s the reverse of last year when Daniel was applying all the pressure, now it’s Checo with all the cards. Horner said it’s his seat to lose so as long as he has equal weekends to this one coming up they surely will re-sign him?
I read a rumour last week that he has already resigned, they’re just waiting for it to be launched officially. Apart from Sainz red bull don’t have many options other then Checco, in terms of someone who will happily play second driver and cope with that pressure, they won’t promote from RB either

Reactions: 4
I read a rumour last week that he has already resigned, they’re just waiting for it to be launched officially. Apart from Sainz red bull don’t have many options other then Checco, in terms of someone who will happily play second driver and cope with that pressure, they won’t promote from RB either
Who would want to happily play 2nd fiddle to Max? It's like turn each week and know defeat stares at you. Maybe some would just for the money and seat.

Reactions: 3
Daniel will be gone before Silverstone I think. He's as bad as Nyck was, without the excuse of it being his first year in F1.

I think a lot of drivers are going to stick with their current teams. I think Fernando is going to renew with Aston, and I think Red Bull will renew Checo. That's basically all the top 5 team seats gone aside from the Merc one, and Toto really seems to want to hold out to see if Kimi Antonelli is good enough rather than sign Carlos to it now.

That leaves only the lower teams. The only two of interest to Carlos IMO would be Alpine and Sauber/Audi, since they're the only other manufacturers. Both have the issue that their 2025 is probably going to be dogshit, with the hope they get their act together for the 2026 regs. I think we'll see Alpine renew Pierre (both sides have made a few comments that this is happening), Sauber/Audi will grab Hulk, and Carlos will get his first pick out of those two teams with Esteban taking the other available seat.

Reactions: 5
I think most available cockpits aren't really that attractive. Either its the politics (RedBull) or the cars are shite. Lewis secured himself the only promising cockpit early, I'd say. At the same time there are a few drivers hogging spots that could go to interesting new faces or give fast drivers in lower tier teams a chance to level up.
I wonder if Checo at RB with Liam would be a good pairing.

Reactions: 6
So Fernando has resigned with AN. I wonder if he spoke seriously with Toto at all

So Fernando has resigned with AN. I wonder if he spoke seriously with Toto at all
Given that red bull were also speaking to him, I’d say he might have entertained it but I bet they were bottom of the pile or he didn’t even bother with it!

Gutted for Lewis. I'd be interested to see why they reinstated that lap from Lando.

Edit: They've argued that there was 'no advantage gained' due to him breaching track limits the lap before. But we've been deleting the lap after consistently, so why the sudden change?

Last edited:
  • Wow
I mean, it's the right decision as Norris being in the gravel wasn't going to give him an advantage over the next lap, but it's wrong to not be consistent on this.

Reactions: 1
I mean, it's the right decision as Norris being in the gravel wasn't going to give him an advantage over the next lap, but it's wrong to not be consistent on this.
That's the thing. I can see why they'd delete it logically, but the rulebook is clear that it should be deleted and plenty of other drivers have suffered on the receiving end of it.

But suddenly when it's a Lewis sprint pole, it's no longer what's in the rulebook that matters

That's the thing. I can see why they'd delete it logically, but the rulebook is clear that it should be deleted and plenty of other drivers have suffered on the receiving end of it.

But suddenly when it's a Lewis sprint pole, it's no longer what's in the rulebook that matters
The rule book was applied correctly, in the event notes for this race weekend it clearly states:

1DDD25BC-26A4-437D-B662-96B4A0E6DACE.jpeg

Norris crossed the line on the lap previous to his pole lap and triggered the sensors, on his pole lap he didn’t exceed track limits and the time was rightfully reinstated.

The rule book was applied correctly, in the event notes for this race weekend it clearly states:

View attachment 2884774

Norris crossed the line on the lap previous to his pole lap and triggered the sensors, on his pole lap he didn’t exceed track limits and the time was rightfully reinstated.
Wonder why it changes race after race then. FIA needs to sort it out because people are rightly looking critically at this.

View attachment 2884774

I also thought the next lap gets deleted as well.

I'm not gonna complain too loudly because this time it benefits my fav Lando.

But the inconsistency is frustrating.

Reactions: 2
Wonder why it changes race after race then. FIA needs to sort it out because people are rightly looking critically at this.
Nature of the track layout, like tracks with tarmac exits on the final corner, the drivers can carry more speed to start their next lap to cheat so both get invalidated.

Norris’ lap before he started his pole lap was deleted.

Last edited:
If it was tarmac on the last corner then Lando would have floored it and gained an advantage starting his pole lap. As it was gravel it slowed him down so starting his pole lap he was slower than if he had been on the track as he lost momentum.
It’s track/conditions specific, not Lewis specific.
I’m not sure if the rules allow for that level of common sense, normally they don’t, it’s just black and white applied.

If it was tarmac on the last corner then Lando would have floored it and gained an advantage starting his pole lap. As it was gravel it slowed him down so starting his pole lap he was slower than if he had been on the track as he lost momentum.
It’s track/conditions specific, not Lewis specific.
I’m not sure if the rules allow for that level of common sense, normally they don’t, it’s just black and white applied.
They definitely don't allow common sense usually. Brazil 21 had it specifically stated in the decision doc that Lewis' out rear wing didn't confer any advantage, but he was still put to the back of the grid.

Turns out this one wasn't Lewis specific, but is it any wonder people questioned it?

Well that were lovely 10 laps 😭 And then Verstappen comes and ruins it all

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6