Fopperholic - Nikki Ryan Gossip Thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Im here because of her youtube vid too but im enjoying the Humdrum threads the most. Its all really opened my eyes to these people. They arent our friends and they dont love us.... ?

Reactions: 3
I used to enjoy watching her, I found her when she was pregnant and liked her food videos and the fact she explained slimming world in such detail. I have gone off her since she had the babies. She seems to portray a super glam mum and for me it isnt realistic. She said before she loves the gym and so for her she makes the time to go and sort of implies it's that easy, for some people the cost is an issue though and not everyone has their mum to babysit on tap. When I had newborns, my hubby left for work at 8 and didn't return till 6, if I wanted to go the gym it would have had to have been either end of those times, which just wouldn't have worked for me as we would have had no time together. My mum works full time and so that wouldn't work either.
I'm not keen on her over glam look at times, I think it's a bit much with the super long nails.
I do think her story is lovely though, that she got her happy ending with the babies x

Reactions: 4
I used to enjoy watching her, I found her when she was pregnant and liked her food videos and the fact she explained slimming world in such detail. I have gone off her since she had the babies. She seems to portray a super glam mum and for me it isnt realistic. She said before she loves the gym and so for her she makes the time to go and sort of implies it's that easy, for some people the cost is an issue though and not everyone has their mum to babysit on tap. When I had newborns, my hubby left for work at 8 and didn't return till 6, if I wanted to go the gym it would have had to have been either end of those times, which just wouldn't have worked for me as we would have had no time together. My mum works full time and so that wouldn't work either.
I'm not keen on her over glam look at times, I think it's a bit much with the super long nails.
I do think her story is lovely though, that she got her happy ending with the babies x
I think maybe she tries too hard ? Maybe too hard to be liked ? It is just all shoved in your face though like look at me with my little babies and I’m so slim and can wear dresses and heels all the time, perfect hair and makeup ALL THE TIME ! And good for her if She can make the time for this but it is shoved in your face a bit!

Reactions: 5
I think maybe she tries too hard ? Maybe too hard to be liked ? It is just all shoved in your face though like look at me with my little babies and I’m so slim and can wear dresses and heels all the time, perfect hair and makeup ALL THE TIME ! And good for her if She can make the time for this but it is shoved in your face a bit!
It will be interesting to see how she manages to cope once the twins are mobile. At the moment she can stick them in their bouncers in front of the tv whilst she makes her mug cake and does her makeup. Fast forward 6 months when they are crawling or walking and she won't be able to leave them for a minute without them screaming.

Reactions: 6
I've followed her for so long. I used to like all the SW tips and the odd clothes post. Now I'm so fed up of the tacky grey show home, painted face and constant spending. It just showcases the throw away culture, ooh here's a dress I'll wear twice, ooh here's yet another Costa coffee cup.
Although I did clock on her stories this morning a nice painted trim nail, so hallelujah the witch talons are gone!

It will be interesting to see how she manages to cope once the twins are mobile. At the moment she can stick them in their bouncers in front of the tv whilst she makes her mug cake and does her makeup. Fast forward 6 months when they are crawling or walking and she won't be able to leave them for a minute without them screaming.
Yes, this will be interesting. When they're crawling over to grab her food, or swiping her make up brushes ??

Reactions: 2
It’s a hard one....I don’t dislike her (I mean...her online persona, I’m sure she must be more normal in real life?!) I just can’t relate to her. I naturally warm to self deprecating and humble people and she comes across as neither of these things. I don’t doubt that she adores those boys, but I think her lack of awareness about how she comes across is startling. It’s all very fake and materialistic, her mannerisms on camera all seem very forced and showy. I’d respect her more if I felt like she actually said what she thought or let rip about something! I guess it taps into our own insecurities when we see someone (apparently!!) have everything together, weight lost already, healthy dinners cooked, immaculate hair & nails etc. I looked and felt like a swamp donkey half the time when my child was that age and I only had 1! I just want to see a glimmer of reality from her, not the fake smiles and high pitched voice

So
It’s a hard one....I don’t dislike her (I mean...her online persona, I’m sure she must be more normal in real life?!) I just can’t relate to her. I naturally warm to self deprecating and humble people and she comes across as neither of these things. I don’t doubt that she adores those boys, but I think her lack of awareness about how she comes across is startling. It’s all very fake and materialistic, her mannerisms on camera all seem very forced and showy. I’d respect her more if I felt like she actually said what she thought or let rip about something! I guess it taps into our own insecurities when we see someone (apparently!!) have everything together, weight lost already, healthy dinners cooked, immaculate hair & nails etc. I looked and felt like a swamp donkey half the time when my child was that age and I only had 1! I just want to see a glimmer of reality from her, not the fake smiles and high pitched voice
So true. I want influencers on yt to be relatable. I want to care if they are happy or sad, I want to feel compelled to send them messages of encouragement if they are feeling crap or insecure. I can't buy into her constant perfection. Even when she goes without makeup, I feel that it's just for the photo or vlog and as soon as she's finished filming she runs upstairs and slaps the makeup back on. I feel conflicted about Nikki, which is why I continue watching. I was so pleased that she got her babies and I really wanted to see her be more humble and real. But it hasn't happened and that makes me kinda sad for her. She paints a picture of a perfect life, she and Chris adore one another and she posts regular photos of her perfect wedding day. But on a recent husband and wife QandA, they seemed quite uncomfortable and their answers seemed totally planned and scripted. She looked at him daggers if he gave the wrong answer. Again, totally unrelatable to any couple, especially those with young children.

I've followed her for so long. I used to like all the SW tips and the odd clothes post. Now I'm so fed up of the tacky grey show home, painted face and constant spending. It just showcases the throw away culture, ooh here's a dress I'll wear twice, ooh here's yet another Costa coffee cup.
Although I did clock on her stories this morning a nice painted trim nail, so hallelujah the witch talons are gone!
Yay for the trimmed talons. Much safer around little ones precious skin and much more hygienic around dirty nappies (I hope she had a good supply of nail brushes).

So she's posted about Lawson's excema which is an ad for excema cream and loads of people are advising her to stop bathing him every night but she doesn't want to because it will disrupt his routine!

They are also telling her that taking him swimming can make it worse but apparently she goes to an "almost chemical free pool" I smell bullshit.

Poor baby must be so itchy!

That’s awful poor wee guy! Her whole EASY routine stinks of having a night nanny or “baby. Whisperer type input”

Distance watcher here! I used to like her and her honesty about getting pregnant and the sw support. She has become extremely vain and not at all relatable. The thing that is bugging me, I have now unfollowed, is that when she posts a description on her insta page, saying about a you tube video, she has to put comments about her appearance. ‘I look rough, no make up etc etc ‘. I don’t know why you would even put this, unless you were extremely vain and this does not make you relatable at all!! As a mum of twins, I would never expect her to look groomed all the time, but the fact that it is constantly mentioned, says more about her and her own insecurities than it does about anybody else!

Reactions: 8
Distance watcher here! I used to like her and her honesty about getting pregnant and the sw support. She has become extremely vain and not at all relatable. The thing that is bugging me, I have now unfollowed, is that when she posts a description on her insta page, saying about a you tube video, she has to put comments about her appearance. ‘I look rough, no make up etc etc ‘. I don’t know why you would even put this, unless you were extremely vain and this does not make you relatable at all!! As a mum of twins, I would never expect her to look groomed all the time, but the fact that it is constantly mentioned, says more about her and her own insecurities than it does about anybody else!
She is incredibly vain. Not a single vlog or insta story goes by without her mentioning her looks or weight. So self obsessed.

Reactions: 4
I do feel for the people in this documentary, I suffer with this myself but not as extreme.

I find it strange that Fopp did zillions of pregnancy videos but I don't recall her ever mentioning she had it? Happy to be corrected if I am wrong!

Reactions: 3
I do feel for the people in this documentary, I suffer with this myself but not as extreme.

I find it strange that Fopp did zillions of pregnancy videos but I don't recall her ever mentioning she had it? Happy to be corrected if I am wrong!
It’s bloody am horrible isn’t it! I had it during pregnancy both times, the 2nd time it didn’t leave! It’s so frustrating! X

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.