Footballers & Wags #53

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Genuinely shocked by this.I thought he would extend after his contract was up in 2026.Gutted for all the Liverpool fans.It 's also a reminder as a City fan, that Pep will be leaving soon too.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
If he has a clause in his contract that’s active from summer 24, I can’t see Alonso saying no. Or else why have the clause to begin with?

Reactions: 4
If he has a clause in his contract that’s active from summer 24, I can’t see Alonso saying no. Or else why have the clause to begin with?
I think it might depend on what happens this season. If Leverkusen win the league he might want to stay and build on that, but at the same time if they just miss out he might also want to stay and go again next year?

Reactions: 1
My fella has met Klopp (and players) a few times through his job and said he’s a horror and dead arrogant - said the only two nice people he’s met from them is Nunez and Allison.

So I for one, as an Everton fan, am delighted to see the back of Klopp lol 😂 but it is a shock!
haven't heard that about Klopp, but have heard that Allison is very nice. I've also heard that James Milner is quite unpleasant (which despite being an Everton fan like you, I struggle to believe?!)

Reactions: 2
I am sad about it, but it actually... makes sense a bit.

He has seemed fed up in a while. Even the crazy excuses last season were a bit petulant. Less about defining his team and more about just being annoyed.

I hope it hasn't given too big big a toll on him, and that whatever comes next for him, he enjoys it.

Reactions: 11
I’m not gloating on the Klopp news like many will when Pep leaves City.

I genuinely like Klopp and the best managers should be in the best league and that’s exactly what he is one of the best.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I think it might depend on what happens this season. If Leverkusen win the league he might want to stay and build on that, but at the same time if they just miss out he might also want to stay and go again next year?
I can’t see him staying with them if the Liverpool gig is important enough to him to have a clause in his contract over.

Oddly enough I was watching a clip from when he left BVB the other day (must have been recommended on YouTube) and how emotional he was interacting with the crowd. That final game for him at Anfield will be incredible.

Edit to add its Wolves @wordzalad haha, and we’re his last away game at Fortress Villa Park.

Reactions: 4
I'm really curious to see what he does next.I genuinely have no idea where he will end up.La Liga maybe?.Taking over from Southgate?.

Reactions: 5
Its always sad when decent managers leave & also quite rare nowdays.
The post earlier in the thread about him not being nice shocked me, as always heard good things about him.
The PL will miss him go win that Caraboa Cup lad( cmon i'm a Utd Girl so cant go as far as wishing the Prem on him haha)

And hiya new people 😗

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The Liverpool fan I know at work said he had a “family matter” and had to log off 😭. (It was Klopp leaving)

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I'm really curious to see what he does next.I genuinely have no idea where he will end up.La Liga maybe?.Taking over from Southgate?.
German national team without a doubt. They’ll be my team in the euros if he does 😅

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.