Footballers & Wags #49

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh wow look at this PR damage control šŸ˜¬
Thereā€™s a lot I could say about this but the ā€˜feels can make positive changeā€™ line annoys me the most, when the WC being in Qatar was questioned for the same reasons they all said the same, but what did they ever do out there for the cause or what attempts were made to have those conversations? What exactly does he plan on doing/saying? Absolute waffle.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I liked Henderson but this Is twatty of him. Just say you wanted the mega money. The 200k a month at Liverpool not cutting it šŸ™„.

slight tagent but -
I hate it when they use ā€œitā€™s their cultureā€ as a reason excuse bigotry. Culture is ā€œplease cover up in religious buildingsā€ or ā€œthis Is how you be politeā€. Executing people for being LGBT is not culture, itā€™s bigotry and homophobia.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Honestly if you have an athletic subscription read the whole interview. Itā€™s even worse than the headlines. Heā€™s so out of touch. Touched on qatar and came across so blinkered. Acts like playing for brighton and Brentford wouldnā€™t have been exciting (yes hun cos you probably wouldnā€™t get into their midfields). Honestly I was fuming at him before but wow, he is coming across so unlikable.
Iā€™m so angry that our only league title in the last 33 years has him as our captain.
Only good thing is that the interviewers really showed him for what he was.

• Wow
Reactions: 22
The more you read on, the worst it gets? What an insufferable cock

Just because you met some workers as part of a PR exercise, doesn't mean the horrific exploitation didn't happen
Screenshot_20230905_090351_The Athletic.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 17
He did not come across well in that interview. Most of these footballers claim to be an ally for the LGBT communityā€¦ when it suits them or their agenda šŸ™„

Reactions: 21

Just because you met some workers as part of a PR exercise, doesn't mean the horrific exploitation didn't happen
View attachment 2427011
That made me so angry. Like oh what would amnesty know aboutā€¦. No letā€™s just trust the country with an agenda? Itā€™s like when you watch docs where people like Michael palin go to North Korea and get brought around to these amazing airports that donā€™t fly anywhere, and to all these restaurants. Except itā€™s if Michael palin fell for it and said something like ā€œthere canā€™t be famine in this country cos I didnā€™t go hungryā€.
Hendo we know youā€™re not that dumb, stop trying to pretend.
Also drives me mad when footballers (and sports stars in general, like with liv golf) talk about growing the game. Oh yes the little known worldwide sport of football. I am fuming (as If you couldnā€™t tell!) šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 18
Thatā€™s actually quite a frustrating read because the point that football and footballers by extension hold an awful lot of weight for positive action and change isnā€™t wrong. It influences everyday regular people and that bottom to top approach is what sparks real action.

Iā€™d actually said in personal conversations maybe because of how vocal he is, heā€™s viewing it as bridging a gap between cultures is a start for positive change. But heā€™s just not used the right words or sentiment to get that point across.

It is a very nuanced conversation - how do we respect culture and not go white saviour while still challenging attitudes that go against human rights. And it would be easier to believe if heā€™d just gone ā€˜Look, I thought why not take the money while also seeing what I could do to open up difficult conversations?ā€™ Instead it sounds like heā€™s backtracking, and that just makes allyship seem so performative, which is in turn incredibly damaging.

Reactions: 16
That made me so angry. Like oh what would amnesty know aboutā€¦. No letā€™s just trust the country with an agenda? Itā€™s like when you watch docs where people like Michael palin go to North Korea and get brought around to these amazing airports that donā€™t fly anywhere, and to all these restaurants. Except itā€™s if Michael palin fell for it and said something like ā€œthere canā€™t be famine in this country cos I didnā€™t go hungryā€.
Hendo we know youā€™re not that dumb, stop trying to pretend.
Also drives me mad when footballers (and sports stars in general, like with liv golf) talk about growing the game. Oh yes the little known worldwide sport of football. I am fuming (as If you couldnā€™t tell!) šŸ˜‚
I actually can't believe he thought this would have been a good idea? Is he just naive or thick, or both?

Henderson: me being here is a positive thing, it will enact change
also Henderson: oh I don't mean me personally doing anything

• Heart
Reactions: 15
He can honestly duck off with that. Basically saying ā€œiā€™m sorry you feel that wayā€ but not sorry for actually doing it. People are saying he didnā€™t sign up to the the face of equality etc in the sport, but he did exactly that when he repeatedly advocated for it.

To say his move wasnā€™t money related is hilarious, if that was the case and you wanted to move on then Sunderland would have jumped at the chance to have you back. Itā€™s also hysterical to say he didnā€™t feel wanted at the club šŸ¤£ Even with his dogshit performances Klopp still played him almost every game & also pushed for his extension in 2021 when he was advised against it. The truth is he couldnā€™t be arsed to stay and fight for a place in the team after the new players joined, itā€™s pathetic. I will always be grateful for everything he done as our captain but he really needs to take notes from James Milner on how to leave the club gracefully and when the time is right.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
He can honestly duck off with that. Basically saying ā€œiā€™m sorry you feel that wayā€ but not sorry for actually doing it. People are saying he didnā€™t sign up to the the face of equality etc in the sport, but he did exactly that when he repeatedly advocated for it.

To say his life wasnā€™t money related is hilarious, if that was the case and you wanted to move on then Sunderland would have jumped at the chance to have you back. Itā€™s also hysterical to say he didnā€™t feel wanted at the club šŸ¤£ Even with his dogshit performances Klopp still played him almost every game & also pushed for his extension in 2021 when he was advised against it. The truth is he couldnā€™t be arsed to stay and fight for a place in the team after the new players joined, itā€™s pathetic. I will always be grateful for everything he done as our captain but he really needs to take notes from James Milner on how to leave the club gracefully and when the time is right.
Yes, the comparison with him and Milly is insane. Also never thought Iā€™d see the day where Sergio Ramos has made a better ethical decision compared to Hendo. But here we are.

Reactions: 13

View attachment 2427011
Almost like the workers had crappy conditions, crappy pay, crappy bosses and didnā€™t want to speak out.

Theyā€™re not going to publicly as a worker say ā€œyeah itā€™s titā€

what a tone deaf twit he is.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Robbo missing from Scotland training, wonder if Rachel has had their baby? šŸ‘€ seen pics of her a while ago and she looked pregnant

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
@Red hair dont care hi Reds honey. There was a great interview between your captain and Jim White this morning. They havenā€™t posted it yet on Twitter but here is some of it on print.Such a lovely guy. https://talksport.com/football/1556479/joe-worrall-nottingham-forest-sargeant-graham-saville/
Thank you šŸ˜ bear in mind the accident happened around the Utd game. He has taken a lot of stick from some fans of ours due his play in games. But it is a big step.up from Championship where he'd played majority of his career. But he wears his heart in his sleeve. I love him to bits most of us Reds do. He is 1 of our own and our Captain.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Robbo missing from Scotland training, wonder if Rachel has had their baby? šŸ‘€ seen pics of her a while ago and she looked pregnant
Someone on this thread said she had her baby a few weeks ago, canā€™t remember who or how they knew but iā€™m sure they said a little girl

Reactions: 4
Someone on this thread said she had her baby a few weeks ago, canā€™t remember who or how they knew but iā€™m sure they said a little girl
That was me, her sister posted a story of her holding the baby and it was a little girl.

Reactions: 7
Thats why I now want him to play well so theres less to trigger him :mad:

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.