Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So either City win the UCL or Lukaku does. Please spare a thought for the dilemma that us Chelsea fans are in
Lukaku’s a nugget he’s winning no Champions League.

Your dilemma isn’t Lukaku it’s big Todd turning your team into soccer horse back riding bunch of cowboys who chew hay

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Your dilemma isn’t Lukaku it’s big Todd turning your team into soccer horse back riding bunch of cowboys who chew hay
The new owners aren't the problem, or at least not the whole problem. Some of the problems we have have been building up from 2016/2017 under Abramovich and under Marina's directorship specifically. They've made some mistakes since taking over and have done things too quickly, but they've also built one of the best recruitment teams and I think in Poch they've hired the best manager for their project.

For me this is one of the best transfer windows in the last decade and we're going to be cooking with a manager who prioritises youth development.

Fn1gf4gXoAMemE7.jpg

Chelsea are fucked with these owners, they are horrendous. I know I moan about FSG and want them gone but I would still take them over Boehly any day. I wonder when he’s going to learn that throwing money at expensive players doesn’t automatically equal success? Liverpool, Utd and even city (sometimes) find relatively unknown players and make them into some of the best players in the league, Boehly should take note.

I have no idea how Poch will do, it really could go either way but if it’s not working out the owners will just sack him and get someone else which is the worst thing you can do. Managers should be given enough time to be able to turn things around and gel with the team, not thrown out the door during a bad period because that only fucks things up further. Klopp’s job was potentially on the line after the absolute garbage first half we had to this season, but luckily they had faith in him to turn it around which he has somehow managed to do, some might say that no top 4 is a failure but we were bottom half of the table for significant periods this season so i’m taking whatever I can get 🤷🏻‍♀️🤣

Apologies for the essay lol, but I just really feel for the managers these days who must absolutely tit themselves if they go through even a small patch of bad form 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
The new owners aren't the problem, or at least not the whole problem. Some of the problems we have have been building up from 2016/2017 under Abramovich and under Marina's directorship specifically. They've made some mistakes since taking over and have done things too quickly, but they've also built one of the best recruitment teams and I think in Poch they've hired the best manager for their project.

For me this is one of the best transfer windows in the last decade and we're going to be cooking with a manager who prioritises youth development.

View attachment 2179391
Your team will be wearing a helmet and shoulder pads next season cheering touch down when you score.

In all seriousness how does it feel as a Chelsea fan when you see your old players like KDB and Salah absolutely bossing the game? I’d be sour.

Did you hear about Hazard selling burgers at the game last night…

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Liverpool, Utd and even city (sometimes) find relatively unknown players and make them into some of the best players in the league
This is the cornerstone of Boehly and Clearlake's strategy. The new recruitment team have bought about ten different players based on data and analytics from lesser European leagues and South America. They're buying RC Strasbourg which is where these players will go to develop before breaking into the Chelsea team. Since it takes time they've had to pay big for players who can slot into the team for the next few seasons, but that's out of short-term necessity and not the long-term plan.

Reactions: 1

Nah we’ve really turned Felix into a cowboy 😂
“He hay sport” is killing me 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I feel bad for Poch.

They could get Wenger and Ferguson out of retirement and form a managers quartet With Pep and Klopp and they’d struggle with Boehly poking around. I feel like he’s quite interfering and no manager wants that

Reactions: 10
A year ago it was Forest so the memories are flooding back 😊
A year ago my club Port Vale were also playing in the play-offs and it was so stressful to watch, but in the end it was all worth it as we won the final 3-0 and tbf it was probably the best we played all season.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Jorginho definitely left and moved to Arsenal in January thinking he was gonna get a PL trophy… 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 11
View attachment 2179758
I wish City would ban all these nob head pundits from coming to the Etihad 😒😒😒
He’s right though? City are a state run club, they can pretty much buy whoever they want due to backing from owners and they do have multiple charges against them? The article he linked praises Pep lol so if anything this seems more of a compliment than anything else 🤣

• Heart
He’s right though? City are a state run club, they can pretty much buy whoever they want due to backing from owners and they do have multiple charges against them? The article he linked is praising Pep lol so if anything this seems more of a compliment than anything else 🤣
Then he is a twit for contradicting himself but it's constantly going on we wouldn't be were we are if we didn't break ffp....afaik we haven't been found guilty of anything as it stands and those who go on and on about it should never be allowed to commentate on our games again

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Then he is a twit for contradicting himself but it's constantly going on we wouldn't be were we are if we didn't break ffp....afaik we haven't been found guilty of anything as it stands and those who go on and on about it should never be allowed to commentate on our games again
Yeah it’s definitely contradictory him saying it lol but he’s also not wrong. There’s no doubt that city’s owners have helped them get to where they are and if anyone says otherwise they are lying. But, without Pep and his managerial skills they wouldn’t have been anywhere near as successful as they have been, both things can coexist. Newcastle have similar owners but I don’t see them reaching the levels city have and that’s purely down to their manager not being as good as Pep.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
View attachment 2179758
I wish City would ban all these nob head pundits from coming to the Etihad 😒😒😒
Cry harder, Carra! :ROFLMAO:

I just laugh at melts like him. I guarantee you he (just like most people) hasn’t even read what the charges are. If he had, he’d know they’re bogus.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go pledge allegiance to the sheikh which we state-run oil clubs are forced to do each day.

• Haha
Yeah it’s both I think. Carragher is kind of right even if I think the wording is a bit clickbaity? I don’t think City get anywhere close to how they are now with different owners but Pep is also a brilliant manager and had they got a different manager, they might not have been as successful.

I said with Newcastles takeover the state backed thing doesn’t sit right with me personally and just me, I wouldn’t really want that for Wolves, but it doesn’t mean Pep isn’t a smart manager and it doesn’t mean Howe hasnt done well with Newcastle.

I think anyone can see it’s both. The money injection is what boosts the club to get the players in the door but it’s up to the manager to make them play well.
I dunno what will happen with the charges…but it will be interesting. I’m sure it will take a while to find out exactly what’s happened. Not like it’ll impact us 🤣.
Unless they decide to kick the big six out and give Wolves the title we deserved in 2018/19.

• Heart
i definitely don’t think we’d be as successful without pep but i also think we’d still be successful without him - talent doesn’t change and we started winning trophies before pep came along, because, yeah you guessed it, we got new owners who pumped money into the club.

i still think we will win trophies long after he’s gone - this success isn’t just down to pep, it’s down to how the club is run from higher up.

• Heart
A lot of madrid fans want Kane after that tit show last night, I think it would be a good move for him. I can’t see it happening though with 3 young kids and another on the way, I feel like he would rather stay in England.

Reactions: 8
A lot of madrid fans want Kane after that tit show last night, I think it would be a good move for him. I can’t see it happening though with 3 young kids and another on the way, I feel like he would rather stay in England.
Could he turn down that move though? Would be excellent for him

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.