Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
During the World Cup in Germany 2006 my hubby, our son and my father in law went out to Stuttgart to support the England team. They took some time out to visit Baden Baden where the England team were based. My son who was 10 at the time came across Cheryl and Ashley Cole at a restaurant...my nervous son went up their table (I was reassured they wasn't eating) to ask for an autograph and was told to "SOD OFF" by Cheryl...

My son was devastated as all the other England players were lovely to him and signed lots of memorabilia. He shouldn't have interrupted their time together and i did explain this could be seen as rude but he was so excited to meet them. Lesson learnt...

Suffice to say he cant stand the cow-bag now!

That is awful to say to a child. We all have off days but that is inexcusable. At least all the other players were nice !

Reactions: 9
During the World Cup in Germany 2006 my hubby, our son and my father in law went out to Stuttgart to support the England team. They took some time out to visit Baden Baden where the England team were based. My son who was 10 at the time came across Cheryl and Ashley Cole at a restaurant...my nervous son went up their table (I was reassured they wasn't eating) to ask for an autograph and was told to "SOD OFF" by Cheryl...

My son was devastated as all the other England players were lovely to him and signed lots of memorabilia. He shouldn't have interrupted their time together and i did explain this could be seen as rude but he was so excited to meet them. Lesson learnt...

Suffice to say he cant stand the cow-bag now!
My husband went to a posh hotel on a golfing weekend a few years ago and the Welsh football team were also staying there. He’s a huge Spurs fan so was excited to see ex-player Gareth Bale at the bar one afternoon. A few other players and the then team manager, Chris Coleman were also present. My husband managed to get a selfie with Bale but he was reluctant and wouldn’t autograph anything. Hubby said he was a “grumpy sod” but he was more disappointed for a group of children with a wedding party who came in to the bar. Those who went up to Bale were shooed away by his companion/bodyguard.
In contrast, Chris Coleman and Ashley Williams were apparently great with the children posing for pictures and asking them about their favourite teams etc.

Reactions: 11
Considering all the holiday breaches are Man u and Man City only going to disclpline the two to please the fa and press - afterall with how low cases are in Iceland all the partying is clearly more risky.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I went to a charity match between Liverpool Legends and a local team last year, and managed to meet John Aldridge, Ray Houghton and Mark Wright. All three were absolutely lovely, stood chatting to people, taking photos, signing autographs and being all round gents. Aldo even managed to put up with me burbling at him like an idiot; he was one of my heroes back in the day.

Jackie Charlton was another who was lovely. So down to earth and took time to chat with the kids who'd queued up to meet him.

Reactions: 13
I went to a charity match between Liverpool Legends and a local team last year, and managed to meet John Aldridge, Ray Houghton and Mark Wright. All three were absolutely lovely, stood chatting to people, taking photos, signing autographs and being all round gents. Aldo even managed to put up with me burbling at him like an idiot; he was one of my heroes back in the day.

Jackie Charlton was another who was lovely. So down to earth and took time to chat with the kids who'd queued up to meet him.
Fabulous to hear!

Reactions: 3
About Foden & Greenwood this is only a big deal due to covid, so can you imagine how many other footballers are probably doing this week in week out up and down the country in hotels when covid wasn’t a thing...

• Sick
Reactions: 19
About Foden & Greenwood this is only a big deal due to covid, so can you imagine how many other footballers are probably doing this week in week out up and down the country in hotels when covid wasn’t a thing...

They all scout girls on Instagram . Shallow world.

Reactions: 8
However Gareth reacted the press would've been against him
I don’t think he handled Harry Maguire situation well at all. He should have dropped him from the start rather than including him and dropping him. It will be interesting to see when Mason and Phil will be named again in the squad. My guess is next year before the Euros, obviously dependent on their club performances.

Reactions: 5
Trent won PFA Young Player of the Year
Kevin De Bruyne won PFA Players Player of the Year

and 5/11 players in Team of the Year are from Liverpool! None for Man Utd :p

• Heart
Reactions: 6
In fact going by the bbc sport he might be gone before Euro 2021.

I don’t think he handled Harry Maguire situation well at all. He should have dropped him from the start rather than including him and dropping him. It will be interesting to see when Mason and Phil will be named again in the squad. My guess is next year before the Euros, obviously dependent on their club performances.
He might have to wait till after even through the PL clubs all know they going to get punished badly if England flop so their clubs will pushing to get them in the squad's.

Reactions: 1
I agree completly. I feel he included Harry because after speaking to him he assumed it'd be a not guilty result.

The situation with Mason/Phil he maybe couldve been abit harsher in the words he used, I think he went softer purely because he doesnt know them aswell as other players.

Reactions: 2
'I’ve spoken to both of them. As I said yesterday they know what happened was unacceptable. It was unacceptable on a Covid basis but it was unacceptable on any basis. Either way they would have gone home. But they’re young men who need now support, because they’re everywhere in the press, everybody is wading in on them. They need help to rebuild, they need to understand the expectations of being an England player, and we need to help them in that process. You’ve got to help young people to get back on their feet, and that’s an important part of what we need to do. My mindset is not to hurt these boys any more, they’re going through that, with their families and with their friends, and I don’t need to add to that. '

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.