Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seeing greenwood and Foden were caught bringing girls to the team hotel.

• Angry
Reactions: 2
Such a idiotic thing to do on your very first call up, especially this year.

I know Mason split with his Girlfriend but is Phil still with the Mum of his kid?

Reactions: 5
Such a idiotic thing to do on your very first call up, especially this year.

I know Mason split with his Girlfriend but is Phil still with the Mum of his kid?

I believe so i am sure he will get away with it ! They always do .18 is so young to have child .

Reactions: 1
I believe so i am sure he will get away with it ! They always do .18 is so young to have child .
He is not I don't think - her insta went private weeks ago - the sun think they still together but SM points to the opposite.

Shouldn't play again. So much rule breaking going on lately.
I can see Southgate resiging before Euro 2021 as i Suspect him and the fa will disagree like they have done with Maguire - he will end up going like Capello did.

The PL are tit scared of england doing badly at EURO 2021 as they know then the 6 or 7 english in the starting line up rule will get pushed through.

Remember in Cricket a much more stricter sport Jofra Archer only missed the one match and is then back. And the ECB pays their wages.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Smhhhhh on his very first call up. I swear these men are dumb
Gareth Southgate said: "It is a very serious situation and we have treated it that way. I have spent the morning dealing with this and then helping the coaches take training in preparation for the game tomorrow.

"They have been naive and we have dealt with it appropriately. I recognise their age, but of course, the whole world is dealing with this pandemic and there is a responsibility on all ages that they do their part. We are not underestimating how important it is we keep the bubble the way we have."

Asked how this would effect both players' international careers, Southgate added: "All of those things are too early, until I'm totally aware of every situation. I'm a father of young adults and I know they can get things wrong. We are not excusing that in this instance and we have to asses everything else moving forward."

'Nothing has happened in the areas of the hotel we occupy'
Denmark v England (Tues, 19:45 BST)
Gareth Southgate said: "Unfortunately this morning, it was brought to my attention that two of the boys have broken the Covid-19 guidelines, in terms of our secure bubble. So we had to decide very quickly that they couldn't have any interaction with the rest of the team and wouldn't be able to train. Given the procedures we have to follow now they will have to travel back to England separately.
"Nothing has happened in the areas we occupy in the hotel. we are still getting to the depths of all the information because this was only brought to may attention a couple of hours before training, so I'm still getting to grips with the detail. What is clear is there is a breach of the Covid-19 guidelines. The whole squad have really followed that to the letter. I'm not gong into any more details until I'm aware of everything."

'They have apologised'
Gareth Southgate: "We have to treat every incident repeatedly. These are two boys I don't know particularly well at the moment so I cannot speak in great depth. I've got to try to speak with them later in the appropriate way. They have apologised but everything has happened so quickly and we have to get to the facts.
"This is the job [England manager] like no other. All management roles are difficult and this is another level, in terms of what you have to deal and what is expected. The players who have been with us for a long time know exactly what is expected. Whenever people have stepped across that line when they have been with us we have dealt with it appropriately, but we cannot act on things that happen when they are not with us."

Foden and Greenwood sent home
That's all from the England boss for now.
So we now know Phil Foden and Mason Greenwood will be returning to England after breaching quarantine rules in Iceland.
However, Southgate is also still working his way through the facts before he decides any further action against the pair.
And after all that, there is still a Nations League game to play against Denmark tomorrow.
I have a feeling we might not have heard the end of this one...

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Smhhhhh on his very first call up. I swear these men are dumb
What dimwits! Cant they even last a week without trying to get laid? Even for an England call up that their 8 year old selves would have killed for? Wonder if they'd have behaved in a similar way if it had been their clubs?

Reactions: 7
So either they got a room in another part of the hotel or left the bubble and went to another hotel to meet these girls? Just glad it wasn't any of my Liverpool boys - Klopp would kick them till kingdom come.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
During the World Cup in Germany 2006 my hubby, our son and my father in law went out to Stuttgart to support the England team. They took some time out to visit Baden Baden where the England team were based. My son who was 10 at the time came across Cheryl and Ashley Cole at a restaurant...my nervous son went up their table (I was reassured they wasn't eating) to ask for an autograph and was told to "SOD OFF" by Cheryl...

My son was devastated as all the other England players were lovely to him and signed lots of memorabilia. He shouldn't have interrupted their time together and i did explain this could be seen as rude but he was so excited to meet them. Lesson learnt...

Suffice to say he cant stand the cow-bag now!

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Bloody hell, could they not wait five minutes?

I’m always interested to know how footballers arrange for girls to “sneak” into their hotels when playing internationally without any of the back room staff knowing.

Manchester United have responded to the news of Mason Greenwood's exclusion from the England squad.

“Manchester United are liaising with the Football Association and are disappointed with the actions of Mason Greenwood over this situation," said a Manchester United spokesperson.

It is understood the club do not expect he will have to quarantine as there is no travel restriction with Iceland.

However, they will make a decision on his eligibility to return to training in due course.

So either they got a room in another part of the hotel or left the bubble and went to another hotel to meet these girls? Just glad it wasn't any of my Liverpool boys - Klopp would kick them till kingdom come.
In which case someone in Iceland is getting the sack.

It sounds like the former - 'our part of the hotel' is an specific phrase to use.

Bloody hell, could they not wait five minutes?

I’m always interested to know how footballers arrange for girls to “sneak” into their hotels when playing internationally without any of the back room staff knowing.
Some of them probally usually do know.

During the World Cup in Germany 2006 my hubby, our son and my father in law went out to Stuttgart to support the England team. They took some time out to visit Baden Baden where the England team were based. My son who was 10 at the time came across Cheryl and Ashley Cole at a restaurant...my nervous son went up their table (I was reassured they wasn't eating) to ask for an autograph and was told to "SOD OFF" by Cheryl...

My son was devastated as all the other England players were lovely to him and signed lots of memorabilia. He shouldn't have interrupted their time together and i did explain this could be seen as rude but he was so excited to meet them. Lesson learnt...

Suffice to say he cant stand the cow-bag now!
Had a similar experience with Joe Hart at the airport.

• Angry
Also the tabolids are more often wrong than right with england rumours so take all articles saying Southgate will or won't pick them again as unreliable.

Reactions: 1
There’s a video doing the rounds on Twitter filmed by the girls they supposedly met up with. You can see them on a call to them via snapchat - where all classic romances start. Not sure how to link it but if you search their names it comes up pretty easily.

There’s a video doing the rounds on Twitter filmed by the girls they supposedly met up with. You can see them on a call to them via snapchat - where all classic romances start. Not sure how to link it but if you search their names it comes up pretty easily.
At least they not nude in the video.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.