Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hands up I’m a very long standing Liverpool fan so anything that a Man Utd player does to get him on the front pages is fine by me😄...the bottom line is, regardless of the whys and wherefores of who hit who first etc, ...Maguire shouldn’t have been there in the first place in my opinion.

why does a bloke, who could afford to go anywhere in the world with his family, feel the need to be trawling around bars in Mykonos with a load of wannabe reality tv stars knowing full well he will come across hundreds of drunk and probably drugged up blokes who are not fans of his....he is literally asking for trouble . Fine if you want to go away with certain friends and family but there must be thousands of places he could choose which wouldn’t expose him and his career to this kind of mess

and what’s more.......when do Man U start pre season training! Season starts in 3 weeks....at least my beloved LFC were busy elsewhere setting themselves up for another premier league winning season by actually playing football yesterday and not waiting to be let out of a Greek police cell 😄😇

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Hands up I’m a very long standing Liverpool fan so anything that a Man Utd player does to get him on the front pages is fine by me😄...the bottom line is, regardless of the whys and wherefores of who hit who first etc, ...Maguire shouldn’t have been there in the first place in my opinion.

why does a bloke, who could afford to go anywhere in the world with his family, feel the need to be trawling around bars in Mykonos with a load of wannabe reality tv stars knowing full well he will come across hundreds of drunk and probably drugged up blokes who are not fans of his....he is literally asking for trouble . Fine if you want to go away with certain friends and family but there must be thousands of places he could choose which wouldn’t expose him and his career to this kind of mess

and what’s more.......when do Man U start pre season training! Season starts in 3 weeks....at least my beloved LFC were busy elsewhere setting themselves up for another premier league winning season by actually playing football yesterday and not waiting to be let out of a Greek police cell 😄😇
If you'd got further in Europe your lads would also still be on holiday :p think our pre season starts 1st Sept

It seemed the PL's main Holiday destination this year, so many players went there.
I'm one of those who thinks no holiday during this is the best plan, especially as noone was social distancing plus he's got really young children

Daily Mirror posted 3 Footballers tested positive after trip to Greece, 1 is a England player & 2 Sheff Utd. not named but easy to work out which players were pictured together

• Haha
Reactions: 6
If you'd got further in Europe your lads would also still be on holiday :p think our pre season starts 1st Sept

It seemed the PL's main Holiday destination this year, so many players went there.
I'm one of those who thinks no holiday during this is the best plan, especially as noone was social distancing plus he's got really young children

Daily Mirror posted 3 Footballers tested positive after trip to Greece, 1 is a England player & 2 Sheff Utd. not named but easy to work out which players were pictured together
Thought as reigning champions league holders (until tonight anyway) and current premier league winners we’d give a few others a chance! 🤓
i agree about the staying at home bit...the logic in letting certain countries be accessible over others is ludicrous. My family had to cancel their trip to visit me in rural France where they would have bumped into one man and his dog but yet it’s ok to visit Greece and exchange bodily fluids with god knows how many hundreds before dropping back home and returning to normal life..makes no sense

Reactions: 6

Didn’t one of the Liverpool player get a positive Covid result after being in Austria albeit a training camp

If my sister was stabbed, I think I would be thumping whoever

Reactions: 4

Which is in a country with a rising cornovius rate but they still exempt from qurantine - that is not a decision most people agree with.

United fan here. Not sure how Harry will be able to come back from this and still be United captain. Spending 67k on a 5 hour drinking session at a time when ppl are worried about their health, their family’s health and the economy does not look good. I know Jesse Lingard, Rashy, Luke Shaw, and Daniel James have all gone to Mykonos. It’s popular no doubt but there is always going to be rival fans who will want to annoy them and then you add drink into the equation. I am interested in all the details but at the minute it does not look good for Harry.
Also if Greece gets added to the list, they will all need to self isolate which will eat into pre season training.

Reactions: 1
United fan here. Not sure how Harry will be able to come back from this and still be United captain. Spending 67k on a 5 hour drinking session at a time when ppl are worried about their health, their family’s health and the economy does not look good. I know Jesse Lingard, Rashy, Luke Shaw, and Daniel James have all gone to Mykonos. It’s popular no doubt but there is always going to be rival fans who will want to annoy them and then you add drink into the equation. I am interested in all the details but at the minute it does not look good for Harry.
Also if Greece gets added to the list, they will all need to self isolate which will eat into pre season training.
i dont mind the drinking or how much money was spent, he def wont be captain though i mean Ole took it off De Gea just coz of comments he made about team

Didn’t one of the Liverpool player get a positive Covid result after being in Austria albeit a training camp

If my sister was stabbed, I think I would be thumping whoever
I think it is Trent Alexander Arnold who is Covid positive...I actually think he caught it being away on holiday somewhere else , probably bloody Mykonos !...but it showed up when he was with at the Austrian training camp.

not sure of the extent of the “stabbing” of the sister, certainly it was quoted as something happening and it “drawing blood”...but in a way that goes to prove it’s not worth getting sucked into these situations by going to these types of places on holiday. Just seems like a massive risk to take to a career and whether he likes it or not he is a role model...let’s hope he gets it sorted out soon..hope he’s not defend himself 😀

i dont mind the drinking or how much money was spent, he def wont be captain though i mean Ole took it off De Gea just coz of comments he made about team
David de Gea wasn’t ever Captain. Ole needed to appoint someone after Ashley Young’s departure.
I should have phrased the drinking part better - I don’t care how much he spent it’s his money after all. But he should know that the amount would get noted especially in this current climate. We also haven’t won anything since 2017. 😭

David de Gea wasn’t ever Captain. Ole needed to appoint someone after Ashley Young’s departure.
I should have phrased the drinking part better - I don’t care how much he spent it’s his money after all. But he should know that the amount would get noted especially in this current climate. We also haven’t won anything since 2017. 😭
There was a pretty high chance David was gonna be made Captain permenantly until he made the comments.

unless our board actually start spending be awhile til more trophies :(

I think it is Trent Alexander Arnold who is Covid positive...I actually think he caught it being away on holiday somewhere else , probably bloody Mykonos !...but it showed up when he was with at the Austrian training camp.

not sure of the extent of the “stabbing” of the sister, certainly it was quoted as something happening and it “drawing blood”...but in a way that goes to prove it’s not worth getting sucked into these situations by going to these types of places on holiday. Just seems like a massive risk to take to a career and whether he likes it or not he is a role model...let’s hope he gets it sorted out soon..hope he’s not defend himself 😀
Trent never travelled to Austria, I’m not sure wether they were tested before they went but it’s definitely someone else that was in the camp that tested positive.

Reactions: 2

Trent never travelled to Austria with the team. However, I find it strange that his injury is being held as a secret like no one is saying anything idk that's weird

Spending 67k on drinks man these people dont deserve to be rich

Reactions: 5
Irronically he might help england players more genreally as it will reduce the levege the league as to not lower the quota

Trent never travelled to Austria with the team. However, I find it strange that his injury is being held as a secret like no one is saying anything idk that's weird

Spending 67k on drinks man these people dont deserve to be rich
He must be on 200k a week - take off tax and that is still half a week's wages.

Is chamapagne even worth it?

Last edited:
The one Pardew head butted...D Meyler.

It'll be intersting to see what Utd and England do. I thought Gareth Southgate was very soft on the Sterling/Gomez incident last year.
Fergie would've been fewmin! Can you imagine his punishment? 😬

I get the feeling the lfc squad wouldn't want to get in the wrong side of Klopp either.

Irronically he might help england players more genreally as it will reduce the levege the league as to not lower the quota

He must be on 200k a week - take off tax and that is still half a week's wages.

Is chamapagne even worth it?
Wait they pay him 200k a week damn it. That's even more than Van Dijk gets.

I would say champagne is worth it honestly

Wage caps need to be a serious discussion soon. The money in football is obscene.
Wait they pay him 200k a week damn it. That's even more than Van Dijk gets.

I would say champagne is worth it honestly
I find champers vile!

Harry is vastly overpaid and over valued! Shocking. Hope he gets his arse handed too him but Ole is a bit of a wet blanket and values him to much for some reason.

Reactions: 3
Trent went to Mykonos during the summer break so I think it could be him who tested positive. There are clips of him partying with his friends.

The articles mention the player is regularly called up for England and has been self-isolating since he returned so the timeline suggests it's him too. Other players who travelled to Mykonos like James Maddison and Harry Winks have been spotted out and about and back in training but Trent hasn't been seen.

Some of the journalists have gone into PR overdrive with the Maguire incident. There was one article where the opening paragraph was painting an image of his humble beginnings doing a paper round whilst at Sheffield United's academy lol.

• Haha
  • Wow
I’ll believe the ‘stabbing’ when I see some evidence! Has she been hospitalised, received treatment?
She probably got scratched by an acrylic nail😆

• Haha
Reactions: 7
As a Leicester supporter, I’m saying nothing about Harry Maguire 🙊 other than his brother (Joe I think it is) is a massive idiot. Took great delight in winding LCFC fans up on twitter after ManU beat us to the final CL place. Didn’t reckon on a massive pile on when Manu lost to Sevilla though. I daren’t look at what’s being said to him at the moment! 😬

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.