Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The whole things stinks big style. Greek courts come across as extremely corrupt by presenting charges/evidence/witnesses at extremely late notice.

And the whole story of what actually happened, well I don't know what to believe.

Nobody is coming up smelling of roses here. Maguire's sentence is suspended so he won't be going to prison. Man United will not sack him, they aren't the BBC (public organisation when they had to let Jeremy Clarkson go at the end of his contract), they are going to protect the bottom line of profits, the results on the pitch etc. It will be a slap on the wrist basically, losing captaincy, fine etc.

Reactions: 2
The whole things stinks big style. Greek courts come across as extremely corrupt by presenting charges/evidence/witnesses at extremely late notice.

And the whole story of what actually happened, well I don't know what to believe.

Nobody is coming up smelling of roses here. Maguire's sentence is suspended so he won't be going to prison. Man United will not sack him, they aren't the BBC (public organisation when they had to let Jeremy Clarkson go at the end of his contract), they are going to protect the bottom line of profits, the results on the pitch etc. It will be a slap on the wrist basically, losing captaincy, fine etc.

I think he might well get the sack

One issue is getting a visa to play overseas post brexit/

Man Utd could be without him in European competitions also!
Quite possibly - more so after January due to Brexit rules.

Imagine the drama if Man U have to play a greek team anytime soon through.

Would't be too shocked to see some of the other man u players in the squard develop sudden injures meaning they pull out next week but then soon recover.

Fern is back on insta and her message about the truth feels like they fuming at The FA believing the Greek judiciary.

Last edited:
Less than 1% chance he gets the sack. Football players worth that much money don't get sacked.

Reactions: 4
Daily Mail pulling in on him now.
Think he might regret saying he is the victim if never wins an appeal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Henry Winter of the Times implying he thinks Man U might well have to get rid of him once crowd's return as it will be impossible for him to play with all the chants aimed at him.

Henry Winter of the Times implying he thinks Man U might well have to get rid of him once crowd's return as it will be impossible for him to play with all the chants aimed at him.
i would think getting rid of him because of chants would be rubbish. considering he's not the first player to be arrested ( Alonso for example from current pl)

i would think getting rid of him because of chants would be rubbish. considering he's not the first player to be arrested ( Alonso for example from current pl)
Agreed! A lot of players get chants - Alonso the worst because teams chant about how he’s a murderer. They’re not wrong, but the worst chants Maguire would get is “Do you know who I am” not exactly career threatening 😂

Reactions: 4
'Harry Maguire's lack of apology for his offences on the Greek island of Mykonos is "shocking" and "unsportsmanlike", says one of the prosecution lawyers.'

'Harry Maguire's lack of apology for his offences on the Greek island of Mykonos is "shocking" and "unsportsmanlike", says one of the prosecution lawyers.'
but also by apologising it could be seen as him admitting his guilt

Reactions: 6
He’s not going to be in the England squad for the upcoming games but I don’t think he has been dropped completely has he?

Agreed! A lot of players get chants - Alonso the worst because teams chant about how he’s a murderer. They’re not wrong, but the worst chants Maguire would get is “Do you know who I am” not exactly career threatening 😂
My partner went to a match were they were shouting things to Ched Evans you can imagine what ....

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.