Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
surprised no Pope.

Correct. I don’t hate Coady but he’s bang average at best
I must say I am surprised Johnstone managed to keep his spot. Ramsdale coming back was not that surprising as he has been good for Arsenal and might be the future.

Reactions: 2
not here for this JLingz slander 😂 nah he’s actually been great so far (minus the big obvious mistake in the CL 🙈)
No slander from me! I love Jesse, always have (even if he plays for utd). But he hasn’t had much more game time than Jones this season, that’s the point i was trying to make.

No slander from me! I love Jesse, always have (even if he plays for utd). But he hasn’t had much more game time than Jones this season, that’s the point i was trying to make.
Nah I get it, I haven’t watched much of liverpool this season but sounds like he was great against porto

Bellingham is the one that baffles me the most too, has Gareth just forgotten about him in the Bundesliga? he has been on fire this season!

Also no Chilly? even though Shaw is a doubt? but 3 right backs?? ffs gareth
Chilly has effectively been told to man Up and fight for a Chelsea place first.

And he spoke with Bellingham‘s mum and dad and decided he should have a break as he is playing so much for Dortmund atm.

Nah I get it, I haven’t watched much of liverpool this season but sounds like he was great against porto
He was unreal, think he’s going to be something very special for us in the coming years, Elliott too when he recovers. Really hope they get called up at some point in the near future

Would of loved to see Emile Smith Rowe get a chance in the first team. He has been playing so well for Arsenal and he links up well with Saka.

Agree with other people there's definitely some players that are never going to get dropped, even if they are not playing well for their clubs!

Reactions: 6
Chilly has effectively been told to man Up and fight for a Chelsea place first.

And he spoke with Bellingham‘s mum and dad and decided he should have a break as he is playing so much for Dortmund atm.
Still not really an excuse for not having a backup LB when the one he’s called up is currently injured
Also Bellingham is young but he’s still an adult, seems odd to have his parents involved in that decision making. Sure he’s played a lot for BVB but not a huge amount more than some of the others who are regular starters for their clubs (e.g rice, phillips, walker, mount up until his injury last week)

Reactions: 1
He was unreal, think he’s going to be something very special for us in the coming years, Elliott too when he recovers. Really hope they get called up at some point in the near future
I think from Southgate comments he doesn’t really plain to call up many more youngsters until after the World Cup. Obviously injuries and complete lack of form will likely see a couple called up to replace those that need to be replaced.

The under 21 sqaud is announced at 10am tomorrow morning. The rest of the junior England squads will be announced tomorrow as well.

Still not really an excuse for not having a backup LB when the one he’s called up is currently injured
Also Bellingham is young but he’s still an adult, seems odd to have his parents involved in that decision making. Sure he’s played a lot for BVB but not a huge amount more than some of the others who are regular starters for their clubs (e.g rice, phillips, walker, mount up until his injury last week)
Football parents are often involved into adulthood.

Also don’t we need a new thread now.

Last edited:
He’ll never get a call up again, but my biggest gripe has always been Mings/Coady getting in over Lewis Dunk. White not making it this time is just adding insult to injury for me
Dunk is quality. Im surprised no one has gone in for him yet, I have no idea how he doesn’t get in the England team Surely he’s at LEAST worth a shout for the bench?

What has Lingard done this season? No more than Jones…
I’m no fan of Lingard. I think he’s pretty average but probably him scoring v WHU has influenced Southgate.

I do like Jones though. I think he’s got a lot of potential for the future! Seems like he was good v Porto and Liverpool do have a few good younger players coming through

Reactions: 2
New thread is here

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.