Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
PSG will regret signing Messi - it’s the push that will push the French Government into introducing the ownership reforms they have been hinting at for a while

Reactions: 3
i still think city will sign kane before the transfer window closes - the lack of speculation in alternative options makes me think this is still very much on. i think bernardo will be gone by the end of the transfer window.

they have defo improved the squad with grealish - we all know how much pep loves to play with a false nine and they did incredible last season without a striker - but i think to push for the UCL trophy, they need a striker.

Reactions: 4
i still think city will sign kane before the transfer window closes - the lack of speculation in alternative options makes me think this is still very much on. i think bernardo will be gone by the end of the transfer window.

they have defo improved the squad with grealish - we all know how much pep loves to play with a false nine and they did incredible last season without a striker - but i think to push for the UCL trophy, they need a striker.
Spurs will not let him go for under £120 million in total value (including any players going the other direction). Will Man City pay that?

Reactions: 2
Spurs will not let him go for under £120 million in total value (including any players going the other direction). Will Man City pay that?
I don't see why not - but depends on how much cash they bring in during this transfer window and how many swap deals - they still have to comply with FFP regs and I think by signing grealish for that amount (regardless of the cash already brought in) the only way they will get kane is by including a player in the deal.

if they are genuinely serious about wanting him, they need to start selling players and fast.

I don't see why not - but depends on how much cash they bring in during this transfer window and how many swap deals - they still have to comply with FFP regs and I think by signing grealish for that amount (regardless of the cash already brought in) the only way they will get kane is by including a player in the deal.

if they are genuinely serious about wanting him, they need to start selling players and fast.
And even then Levy might decide to force Kane to stay for another season is worth the drop in value - espescally as Levy has been linked in the last couple of years to rumours that he might cut all ties with the club and move on.

View attachment 703023

this whole press conference was heart breaking. i am genuinely so gutted for him. how can you fully appreciate your own legacy you’re leaving behind when you’re not ready to leave. barcelona really fucked this one up.
Not a huge soccer fan, but could he not have played for what they could offer?
Surely he gets the final choice?

they don’t have anything to offer. it’s been reported that their recent signings haven’t even been registered yet. even with just their salaries, they’re over the current cap. they need to sell players and negotiate current salaries still.

I was talking to my Dad about this who said something to do with Spanish employment laws which state that a contract can’t be offered with such a significant reduction in wages or something.

Never get attached to a footballer playing for your club. Loyalty means f all to them and if offered more money 99 times.out.of 100 they will go. Same as most of us with our jobs. Money makes the world go round.
It works both ways though. Clubs won't show any loyalty to a player if they aren't up to it any more or if they they get a good offer. They are sold like pieces of meat as Roy Keane once said.

Players have short enough careers and should make every penny they can while they can. Once you sign a professional contract, it's a job and being a fan goes out the window.

God Lord what did you just call football
Calling it soccer didn't used to get people in the UK irritated until recent times. When Sky launched Soccer Saturdays in the 90s it wasn't a big deal. The oldest running football magazine in the UK is called World Soccer. Soccer was a word used semi regularly in England before the 2000s. The internet seems to have brought out this "WHAT DID YOU CALL IT?!" mentality.

Plus, as an Irish person it's soccer to me. Same as it's soccer to Americans, Australia etc.

Last edited:
Agness pimentel seems to be newest member of chilwell gang of sidechicks. She follows him and his private. She was with him on holiday in Mykonos. She also had a thing with Gabriel Jesus.
Chilwell is actually building himself a Harem.
He really does give the ick. Shame as he is attractive to the eye and as previously stated on here is apparently good in the sack - just seems incredibly seedy. I would worry what disease you could catch from him.......
Also he is friends with Maddison and Grealish and well......you are who you associate yourself with.

Reactions: 7
[
The minimum they could pay him legally (which he allegedly told them he would accept) is still far more than they can afford.

Reactions: 5
Chilwell is actually building himself a Harem.
He really does give the ick. Shame as he is attractive to the eye and as previously stated on here is apparently good in the sack - just seems incredibly seedy. I would worry what disease you could catch from him.......
Also he is friends with Maddison and Grealish and well......you are who you associate yourself with.
The only footballers who are good in bed are the ones that notice you're there in the first place. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Come on now City have never complied with FFP

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
I was talking to my Dad about this who said something to do with Spanish employment laws which state that a contract can’t be offered with such a significant reduction in wages or something.
Allegedly, La Liga doesn't allow reducing more than 50% of the salary from one season to the other to avoid tax fraud. He had agreed to that 50% reduction, but it wasn't enough. That's why they were planning to pay in 5 years the salary for 2, but they didn't allow that either after Barcelona said no to the CVC agreement la liga is planning.
The club is said to be negotiating salary reductions, some players have accepted, but others do not want them. And I think they will have problems selling some of those with really high salaries. No club with common sense would want to pay that amount every year.

Imagine signing Harry Kane for £120m, throwing money around….. he’ll always be overrated to me🥴

Reactions: 16
Anyone notice Olivia Naylors reshared the Man City post referencing the caption “he’s here to stay.”
A dig at his ex maybe? I wouldn’t be so comfortable if I was Olivia, especially with John’s track record and the fact if he’s out an about with JG he will have all kinds of women throwing themselves at him.
She’s literally just referring to him staying at the club no? Nothing to do with his ex

They still under investigation by the League.
yep this is true. but, even if they do sign Kane, I doubt they would be breaking FFP rules. i know the amount for JG is insane, but he's signed a 6 year contract - so that's only 16.6mil a year as far as their accounts go - they've also got rid of sergio which frees up the cost of his wages - which makes JG almost wage neutral. they've made some cash from selling fringe players and got a bit of cash from the sancho to man united. i think they will sell silva this window - hopefully for 60mil+ and i can see them selling more.

even if they sign kane for that stupid amount - i can see him getting a long term contract and the costs are spread over the length. they won't be the first team to spend this amount in one transfer window - it's purely because it's only on two players that it seems bonkers.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.