Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At least him being married now, will hopefully mean he no longer uses being Harry’s brother to have flings with female Spurs fans.
Really???

He seems a geek who would get nowhere with women, or maybe he's just not my taste AT ALL. That really does surprise me if true.

Reactions: 3
I hear Fofana at Leicester has broken his leg/ankle in their friendly tonight.

really unfortunately for them as I thought he was very, very good last year. A lot of centre backs struggle when arriving in England but he seemed to fit in straight away, despite his young age. A real blow for Leicester.
I’m absolutely livid. One of the most disgusting challenges I’ve seen in a long while. I’m hearing it could ‘just’ be a dislocation but we’ll have to wait until he has a scan. He’ll be a massive loss and we’re going to have to get someone else in quickly as Jonny Evans is still injured.

Reactions: 6
Really???

He seems a geek who would get nowhere with women, or maybe he's just not my taste AT ALL. That really does surprise me if true.
I was down the rabbit hole of looking at players families/friends (Public instas) during the euros, I viewed his brother’s story and he followed me, sent me the “:love:” then unfollowed me when I left him on read.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
I was down the rabbit hole of looking at players families/friends (Public instas) during the euros, I viewed his brother’s story and he followed me, sent me the “:love:” then unfollowed me when I left him on read.
Ooooooooh major creep alert!

Reactions: 7
Ings to villa - doing some great business this year despite the loss of jack. Reinvesting the funds wisely but before the deal is “done” so clubs do not rip them off, knowing they have £100m sitting in their pocket.

it also shows that deals can be made quietly without the press reporting. Anything in the press is there for a reason, either the club wants to sell or the player is trying to force things through.
I'm on the fence about Ings, but maybe that's because I'm on the fence about Dean Smith. Buendia and Bailey are both good signings, though.
As for Grealish being on his best behaviour at City...we all know it doesn't work like that. These lads don't misbehave because they know they'll get away with it. They misbehave because they're stupid and they can't help themselves.

Reactions: 9
I'm on the fence about Ings, but maybe that's because I'm on the fence about Dean Smith. Buendia and Bailey are both good signings, though.
As for Grealish being on his best behaviour at City...we all know it doesn't work like that. These lads don't misbehave because they know they'll get away with it. They misbehave because they're stupid and they can't help themselves.
There's bound to be more temptation in Manchester than Solihull as well........ should be interesting.

Reactions: 15
I've stayed off here for a few days whilst the whole Grealish saga panned out. I'm totally gutted that he is gone, my son is devastated as he was his absolute idol. Genuinely didn't think he would actually go. Unless your a Villa fan, I don't think you can appreciate the ties he has to the club. It stings that 8 months ago he signed a 5 year contract and did countless interviews and posts saying my club, my city, my home. Commenting on the owners project and how he believes in the project. I know it's football and the business but it is such a slap in the face. He's a Villa boy and the poster boy, can't imagine seeing him playing for City.

I've been chuckling at some of the stuff on twitter about him. Not the abuse, but some of the memes are hilarious. I can't see him being treated the same at City though, he'll never captain the club and he won't play every game. They play fast paced and on rotation for that basis it seems, JG doesn't like being a sub but I think he will need to get used to it. Villa have supported him through a lot of his personal issues and have been respectful in not commenting, I am hoping he doesn't have any slip ups in that sense.

I really think Villa will be okay without him. Really impressed with the new signings and sounds like JG pushed for the move in which case, onwards and upwards. He may win the league with City, but I doubt it would feel as good as winning anything with his boyhood club. No offence to City fans here BTW, I just wish he wasn't leaving us!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 38
@37BBL also a lifelong villa fan and really thought it meant more to Jack than the glory. I feel just as we are on the up he has gone. Definitely seen a change in him since the euros and think he wants to become the poster boy, knowing how his family are as well this has just come as such a blow but we will get over it and stick with Villa, really hope Jack doesn’t live to regret his choice though. As we all know we really believed he was one of our own.

Reactions: 14
I agree i think Grealish wanted/wants to be the poster boy however i think he’s actually looked shell shocked by just getting a little taste of the attention that comes with it since being back in the country post Euros, i hope he is able to keep his feet on the ground and deal with it but if he was my son or brother i would be worried.

Reactions: 12
I agree i think Grealish wanted/wants to be the poster boy however i think he’s actually looked shell shocked by just getting a little taste of the attention that comes with it since being back in the country post Euros, i hope he is able to keep his feet on the ground and deal with it but if he was my son or brother i would be worried.
He needed the brummies to keep him grounded and as I said earlier knowing how much they did at Villa to protect him I worry that he won’t have that at city and will go off the rails.

Reactions: 13
He needed the brummies to keep him grounded and as I said earlier knowing how much they did at Villa to protect him I worry that he won’t have that at city and will go off the rails.
Yeah, just have to hope his family and close ones can do that more than ever for him now, if him and Sasha make it through the attention and pressure it will put on their relationship then I expect kids will be along within the next couple of years and hopefully that will go some way in keeping his feet on the ground as well.

The media are definitely picking up on him crossing over in to being interesting content to females of all ages now and not just footie fans which means they will be watching him like a hawk for stories.

Reactions: 8
I’m absolutely livid. One of the most disgusting challenges I’ve seen in a long while. I’m hearing it could ‘just’ be a dislocation but we’ll have to wait until he has a scan. He’ll be a massive loss and we’re going to have to get someone else in quickly as Jonny Evans is still injured.
Sadly it’s a fib fracture. Gutted for the lad and for us.

I feel bad for the Villa fans amongst us, the guy literally bleeds claret and blue. It’s sickening when your player, your club legend leaves - it’s happened to us all at some point. It knocks you sick when you see them in another clubs colours and scoring against you. Villa as a club will be fine, you’ve made some cracking signings but it'll take some time for the fans to get over it. I wish them well (just don’t beat Leicester!) 😂😖

• Sad
Reactions: 10
@37BBL also a lifelong villa fan and really thought it meant more to Jack than the glory. I feel just as we are on the up he has gone. Definitely seen a change in him since the euros and think he wants to become the poster boy, knowing how his family are as well this has just come as such a blow but we will get over it and stick with Villa, really hope Jack doesn’t live to regret his choice though. As we all know we really believed he was one of our own.
Totally. I'm glad some of my people agree with me!! Its gonna be horrible with the announcement today, and I think whatever goodbye he posts isn't going to help at all.
I think Villa are pushing for Europe and he will regret not being a part of that. He's joining a club who are at the very top rather than helping one get there. We looked at the stats for City last night and many players get 45-60% of games, can't lie that we won't feel a little smug seeing him sat on the bench looking mardy 🤣
I'm thankful for the service he gave us, but I won't be cheering him and I don't think he goes down as a legend.
City at Villa Park in November is going to be difficult for him, our fans will not be giving him standing ovations like we have for Tammy thats for sure.

Reactions: 12
i’m a city fan and i completely get the disappointment from villa fans. i’ve said it before, if this was Foden i would be exactly the same. can’t lie that i’m not excited to see how he fits in the team; i think him and de bruyne together will be a powerhouse duo.

can’t also help but think grealish is going to massively regret the move, especially since it seems like villa are making good on their promises and are building an incredible squad to challenge the top 6. i don’t think we’ve seen the last transfer announcement for them and i think they’re going to have an incredible season. imo they’ll do better without him.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Totally. I'm glad some of my people agree with me!! Its gonna be horrible with the announcement today, and I think whatever goodbye he posts isn't going to help at all.
I think Villa are pushing for Europe and he will regret not being a part of that. He's joining a club who are at the very top rather than helping one get there. We looked at the stats for City last night and many players get 45-60% of games, can't lie that we won't feel a little smug seeing him sat on the bench looking mardy 🤣
I'm thankful for the service he gave us, but I won't be cheering him and I don't think he goes down as a legend.
City at Villa Park in November is going to be difficult for him, our fans will not be giving him standing ovations like we have for Tammy thats for sure.
If you give them for Tammy why not him? He’s bettering himself he’s a 25 year old lad (same age as me) who’s been offered an amazing opportunity after everything he’s done for Villa I thought the fans would be grateful if you were offered an amazing job would you turn it down?

Reactions: 3
If you give them for Tammy why not him? He’s bettering himself he’s a 25 year old lad (same age as me) who’s been offered an amazing opportunity after everything he’s done for Villa I thought the fans would be grateful if you were offered an amazing job would you turn it down?
Hard to explain as I said. It's the ties he has with the club and the commitment he said he had. Tammy was a loan who was never staying, every Villa fan knew he was going back.
JG said less than 12 months ago he believed in the project. He's always been Villa for the last 19 years, he consistently says what the club means to him and it resonates with so many Villa fans. The timing of him leaving when we are on the up makes it so much worse.
Some fans will applaud him I'm sure, but many certainly won't see him as a legend unfortunately.
Hard to compare situations too, yes its a good opportunity but it isn't the same as someone like us being offered a better job. He was offered an insane wage and as I said I think if he stayed he could have been pushing for Europe with Villa.

Reactions: 7
Hard to compare situations too, yes its a good opportunity but it isn't the same as someone like us being offered a better job. He was offered an insane wage and as I said I think if he stayed he could have been pushing for Europe with Villa.
Ultimately they are still people getting offered a better job though. Football changes when you turn professional. Yes they often still have a bond with their club, but it’s a career. If he stayed at Villa that would mean turning down millions.

Football is a short career and they want to make the most money and play on the biggest stage.

My question about this move is how he’ll adapt to Pep’s tactics. Far more work off the ball will be needed and he’ll need to improve tactically.

Ultimately they are still people getting offered a better job though. Football changes when you turn professional. Yes they often still have a bond with their club, but it’s a career. If he stayed at Villa that would mean turning down millions.

Football is a short career and they want to make the most money and play on the biggest stage.

My question about this move is how he’ll adapt to Pep’s tactics. Far more work off the ball will be needed and he’ll need to improve tactically.
Does he need millions though, he was being offered an insane wage to stay.
Not sure how he'll adapt tbh. At Villa he's given free reign to play basically anywhere, interesting to see how he plays differently. As I said, cannot see him being involved in every game.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.