Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We will see, I think playing in their home country and their city could go both ways, massive pressure on them to perform and be the best, fans and supporters cheering, but also frustration if they start to lose and the other team has the ball more, I mean who wants to lose in their home country? :p
Euro’s tend to not be won by the home country. France lost a home in the final last time so did Portugal in 2004. England and the Netherlands both lost their semis in 1996 and 2000 respectively on penalties while one of the favourites for the titles. Only 1964, 1968 (Both four team tournaments) and 1984 have the hosts managed to win it. Only in 1950 and 1958 have the hosts lost in the World Cup final.

Euro’s tend to not be won by the home country. France lost a home in the final last time so did Portugal in 2004. England and the Netherlands both lost their semis in 1996 and 2000 respectively on penalties while one of the favourites for the titles. Only 1964, 1968 (Both four team tournaments) and 1984 have the hosts managed to win it. Only in 1950 and 1958 have the hosts lost in the World Cup final.
How often are hosts the favorites though...

South Africa, Poland, Ukraine, Russia have all held WC/Euros in the last 15 or so years..... its not a shock that they havent won it is it?

However, Russia overperformed in the world cup, as did South Korea when the world cup was in that part of the world in 2002. Therefore i think its fair to say the hosts do benefit. At the end of the day only 1 team from 24/32 can win so its highly unlikely to be the host.

The next major WC's are Qatar and USA, so expect this to continue.

Reactions: 2
This Italian team seem to be masters of the dark arts too. They are almost comedically good at it but it's so frustrating when they are clearly killing a game they are winning.

I think England will be too strong for them though over the 90 minutes or beyond. The English bench makes the difference for me.
I don't know. Defensively Italy are one of the best team in the euros and they are dangerous on the attack. I think Gareth will need to mix his tactics up for this match. They will need to go on the offensive immediately

England have a fantastic bench so who knows.

Either way a treat for the neutrals and I'll be watching on BBC not ITV 🤣

Reactions: 5
7D4A31CB-14DE-4479-97ED-D3E5E2B20E23.jpeg
ok 👀
I do feel like him and Tom Davies are doing a Bee Gees vibe (that is not my era btw, way before my time 😆)

Reactions: 3
new thread guys n gals ☺

Reactions: 2
I don't know. Defensively Italy are one of the best team in the euros and they are dangerous on the attack. I think Gareth will need to mix his tactics up for this match. They will need to go on the offensive immediately

England have a fantastic bench so who knows.

Either way a treat for the neutrals and I'll be watching on BBC not ITV 🤣
Sorry completely disagree. Why would we suddenly change our tactics and go attacking immediately, especially as you say they are dangerous on the attack? We have been solid defensively, only conceded one goal (good free kick, Pickford could have done better but was well struck). Continue to play as we have been, solid defensively and then try and create a couple of good chances.

I think its a really interesting game, both probably play better on the counter attack so that will be fascinating. Can see it going to extra time.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.