Footballers and Wags #44

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Now thats the type of posts we need more of :love: #ravethreadincoming

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The Leicester v Everton game was v good, nice for Calvert lewin to finally get another goal this season, but we needed the 3 points so bad 😓
Really hope Coleman is okay 🙏🏽

Reactions: 5
I didn’t realise Pickford signed a new 4 year contract in February, I wonder if he’d then want a move if Everton are relegated or if he’d hold out hoping to come straight back up.

I didn’t watch it but Maddison is getting slated my a lot of Leicester fans for last night, saying he was playing hero ball, trying to take on everyone himself, assuming he kept trying to make up for his penalty.

Reactions: 4
Wow with 4 games to go the rumour of Big Sam going to Leeds is a bit of a surprise 😮. Do the owners really think in 4 games it can be turned around?

Reactions: 6
Wow with 4 games to go the rumour of Big Sam going to Leeds is a bit of a surprise 😮. Do the owners really think in 4 games it can be turned around?
Allardyce just been confirmed there 😯 not sure how much difference he’ll make either tbh

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Allardyce just been confirmed there 😯 not sure how much difference he’ll make either tbh
I feel like this season has been really scrappy for clubs. So many teams you wouldn't expect doing badly and managers being sacked all over the place and teams seemingly having problems inside other than injuries

Reactions: 15
I feel like this season has been really scrappy for clubs. So many teams you wouldn't expect doing badly and managers being sacked all over the place and teams seemingly having problems inside other than injuries
To me it feels like a number of Premier League clubs are in financial trouble as you see multiple things been reported behind the scenes and then you see how much money the clubs have lost over the few years and it makes you think how the club is surviving by losing that much money; for example Everton have posted losses of more than £430m over the past 5 years and now cannot even afford the new stadium which could cost them £760m which is a £260m increase on figures that were quoted by the club last year.

Reactions: 10
If Everton go down, I think they will be fucked.

There is no structure at the club, it's a mess.

The squad will be torn apart to get the wage bill down massively, will need totally rebuilding. And I don't see them bouncing back in a year. And I don't think there is enough assets in the squad to sell and have money to spend as well as keep within financial rules. Yeah, they can sell Pickford/Iwobi/DCL etc. But the lack of quality in the squad limits who has resale value for them. And it's a buyer's market, the players will want out, the club will need the money.

The losses they've already sustained, the stadium costs, that club more than any of the others needs to avoid relegation financially.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
As much as I wouldn't miss playing at Goodison, the PL without Everton feels wrong. But at the same time it could be a blessing in disguise if it forces Moshiri and the board out. There's no shortage of oil billionaires or private equity firms who want to own English football clubs and maybe one of them could clear up the mess. Abramovich waived Chelsea's debts when he had to sell and Sheikh Jassim is rumoured to pay off United's as part of his bid.

As much as I wouldn't miss playing at Goodison, the PL without Everton feels wrong. But at the same time it could be a blessing in disguise if it forces Moshiri and the board out. There's no shortage of oil billionaires or private equity firms who want to own English football clubs and maybe one of them could clear up the mess. Abramovich waived Chelsea's debts when he had to sell and Sheikh Jassim is rumoured to pay off United's as part of his bid.
It would seem really strange if it happens. I can't see them getting out of it now unless they get a rocket up them. No more merseyside derby ☹

I think Ratcliffe is going to get united. The Glazers don't want out of it really and if reports are true that his bid will let them have a small stake, they will let it go to him. The Qatari guy's bid is lower too apparently. Wish they'd hurry up and sell it so utd can buy players in the summer and sell a load too 😂

Reactions: 11
I think Leeds might have the tougher last 4 fixtures so it’ll be interesting to see how they do.

IMG_7035.jpeg

Reactions: 11
Imagine thinking they’ll magically start making more money from it by withholding it…

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Imagine thinking they’ll magically start making more money from it by withholding it…

Where was that energy for equality when they were broadcasting the World Cup in Qatar then? Idiots. They only care when it suits

Reactions: 12
Where was that energy for equality when they were broadcasting the World Cup in Qatar then? Idiots. They only care when it suits
They only care because they are trying to make themselves more money. It's not about equality. FIFA only cares about money.

They only care because they are trying to make themselves more money. It's not about equality. FIFA only cares about money.
Was just about to say the same thing. They only care about money and revenue. If Infantino had his way he would have the men’s World Cup being played every year!
---
He hasn't been confirmed yet.
Maybe confirmed was the wrong word to use, but various media outlets are saying he’s agreed and taking training tomorrow.

Reactions: 6
I knew madders wouldn't score his Pen thought he was going to outsmart pickford.

I want Everton to stop up , I would like Forrest to go down only because the players they have are annoying along with some of the wags.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.