Footballers and Wags #42

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The BBC have shown themselves up here. They’re meant to be impartial yet their chairman is a Tory donor so they’re not allowing anyone who works with them to fairly criticise the government. They ain’t impartial. If Gary had posted something negative about Labour, Lib Dem’s or whoever, I highly highly doubt he’d get this much backlash. The Tories have been tit and a joke for years and I sincerely hope they’re out in the next election.

They also apparently won’t air an episode of the David Attenborough show because they think it’ll have a backlash against the right wing but I don’t know if that’s true

Who will be the first player to blank them? Bournemouth and Liverpool up first- I hope they tell them where to go on post match interviews. If they do it, I reckon most of the other clubs will follow suit
The episode that is iPlayer exclusive was always going to be a separate iPlayer exclusive stand alone episode, not actually part of the main series. Five episodes commissioned of the series, five episode will be broadcast on TV. With a separate episode separately commissioned for iPlayer. As much as the BBC have fucked up over Gary, the Attenborough show is being broadcast as originally intended and commissioned

Reactions: 7
The episode that is iPlayer exclusive was always going to be a separate iPlayer exclusive stand alone episode, not actually part of the main series. Five episodes commissioned of the series, five episode will be broadcast on TV. With a separate episode separately commissioned for iPlayer. As much as the BBC have fucked up over Gary, the Attenborough show is being broadcast as originally intended and commissioned
Ahh fair enough! Thanks for clearing up

Reactions: 6
If Gary had posted something negative about Labour, Lib Dem’s or whoever, I highly highly doubt he’d get this much backlash.
Funnily enough, apparently he previously criticised Corbyn and definitely spoke out about Brexit and no one at the BBC batted an eyelid at the time… 😐

Reactions: 13
The BBC have shown themselves up here. They’re meant to be impartial yet their chairman is a Tory donor so they’re not allowing anyone who works with them to fairly criticise the government. They ain’t impartial. If Gary had posted something negative about Labour, Lib Dem’s or whoever, I highly highly doubt he’d get this much backlash. The Tories have been tit and a joke for years and I sincerely hope they’re out in the next election.

They also apparently won’t air an episode of the David Attenborough show because they think it’ll have a backlash against the right wing but I don’t know if that’s true

Who will be the first player to blank them? Bournemouth and Liverpool up first- I hope they tell them where to go on post match interviews. If they do it, I reckon most of the other clubs will follow suit
Hendo and Milner are never ones to shy away from making a stand so fingers crossed my boys do me
Proud today.
It’s probably too much to ask for them to say “duck the Tories” but making any form of stand is something.

It looks like more is tumbling:

4BACE31E-F71D-4054-B6D9-C4AFE73BA2D8.jpeg

Reactions: 9
would be interesting to know how many people have cancelled their TV license tbh

also we won’t see any players refuse to speak to the MOTD interviewers because they won’t be asked to participate in them, the PFA have announced it this morning:

Reactions: 14
Bristol Rovers have come out and said that they won't be talking to the BBC before and after the game and Final Score won't be airing as it has been replaced by The Repair Shop.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
would be interesting to know how many people have cancelled their TV license tbh

also we won’t see any players refuse to speak to the MOTD interviewers because they won’t be asked to participate in them, the PFA have announced it this morning:

The fact we still have a TV license in 2023 is insane 😭 it makes them almost £4bn a year as well.

side note: someone else said CB’s are probably the hottest position wise on the pitch, and seeing VVD and Konate on the team sheet today has got me in full agreement.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
How many presenters etc are in genuine support of the Lineker situation or just afraid of the backlash they’ll receive if they don’t participate? I reckon a couple would have been itching to get in that MOTD hot seat but couldn’t.
---
The fact we still have a TV license in 2023 is insane 😭 it makes them almost £4bn a year as well.
It’s an absolute joke! 😡

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
How many presenters etc are in genuine support of the Lineker situation or just afraid of the backlash they’ll receive if they don’t participate? I reckon a couple would have been itching to get in that MOTD hot seat but couldn’t.
---

It’s an absolute joke! 😡
There was a few that I thought would jump at the chance of presenting and was surprised when they made a stand

Reactions: 10
There was a few that I thought would jump at the chance of presenting and was surprised when they made a stand
like Ella said i bet some are dying to jump into that seat and don’t give a flying duck about standing in solidarity with gary - they’re just scared of the backlash from their fellow peers and the football community at large imo

Reactions: 16
It seems BBC have removed any thumbs up/down option from the live reporting today 🙄

49722D5D-6CD5-48AB-B8CC-2899D7D08981.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Beating united 7-0 one week. Being 1-0 down to Bournemouth the next.

just standard Liverpool things 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 12

It’s fine, this means we’re beating Madrid 4-0 at the Bernabéu next week 💪🏼 🤣

let me live my delusional fantasy please

• Haha
Reactions: 11
should've saved 2 of the goals from last week :p
good for Bournemouth though gets them a little further away from bottom 3

Reactions: 8

Could see it coming a mile off, most obvious result we seem to really struggle against relegation teams yet do well against the bigger teams 😭 Imagine waiting almost an entire year for a penalty and then missing it, Salah when I catch you 💀

We haven’t won a single game wearing that kit as far as i’m aware, burn it 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.