Footballers and Wags #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How I'd love to be a fly on the wall at the premier League meeting dinner with reps of all the clubs tonight 🤣🤣🤣🤣😒😒😒🖕🖕💙💙

• Haha
Reactions: 9
>> Chelsea mourning <<​
Boehly's out on his Todd
Todd Boehly's takeover and half-billion transfer policy at Chelsea has been subject to much analysis and discussion as to whether it's genius or insanity. A group of football agents who met him at Stamford Bridge think they may have sussed out which.

He was explaining to them that he'd be able to pay for everything thanks to the fact that Chelsea automatically qualify for the UEFA Champions League every year, with all the tens of millions that brought.

Someone pointed out to him that this wasn't the case; that Chelsea didn't automatically qualify – and given their current placement it wasn't at all certain. "Nonsense!" cried Todd. They were always in it!

He then wandered off, clearly checked it with his advisers and then came back to admit that, yes, actually, they'd been right. Oops.​

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Jota’s back in training 😭

View attachment 1947332
So are Bobby & VVD 😭 Even Arthur is alive and back training for the first time since bloody September! I can’t believe it’s been that long, feels like he’s been injured for ages. Same with Jota, he hasn’t played since the city game way back before the world cup.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So are Bobby & VVD 😭 Even Arthur is alive and back training for the first time since bloody September! I can’t believe it’s been that long, feels like he’s been injured for ages. Same with Jota, he hasn’t played since the city game way back before the world cup.
He’s gotta get some damn minutes this season I swear 😭 I genuinely have to stop and remember who he is whenever he pops up.

Since we’re past the half way stage of the season, who do we think is being relegated? 😶

And who’s getting this seasons ‘great escape from relegation’ narrative? 🤣

Reactions: 2
63B3727F-AC2D-469E-B819-E3FE11DF3749.jpeg

if someone needs motivated to do the tasks listed, then I think there is a bigger problem 🤯

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 27
>> Chelsea mourning <<​
Boehly's out on his Todd​
Todd Boehly's takeover and half-billion transfer policy at Chelsea has been subject to much analysis and discussion as to whether it's genius or insanity. A group of football agents who met him at Stamford Bridge think they may have sussed out which.

He was explaining to them that he'd be able to pay for everything thanks to the fact that Chelsea automatically qualify for the UEFA Champions League every year, with all the tens of millions that brought.

Someone pointed out to him that this wasn't the case; that Chelsea didn't automatically qualify – and given their current placement it wasn't at all certain. "Nonsense!" cried Todd. They were always in it!

He then wandered off, clearly checked it with his advisers and then came back to admit that, yes, actually, they'd been right. Oops.​
Is that real? That is really embarrassing. Shows he doesn't have a clue 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 10
So, Pep has said he won't walk away from Man City not matter what happens and in other news Dominic Calvert-Lewin is touch and go for the Merseyside Derby as he is currently dealing with a hamstring issue and is being constantly monitored by the club's medical staff.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
So, Pep has said he won't walk away from Man City not matter what happens and in other news Dominic Calvert-Lewin is touch and go for the Merseyside Derby as he is currently dealing with a hamstring issue and is being constantly monitored by the club's medical staff.
I don’t even get a surprise now when I hear DCL has some sort of injury/problem. It’s been the constant for 18 months

Reactions: 10
I don’t even get a surprise now when I hear DCL has some sort of injury/problem. It’s been the constant for 18 months
It is honestly such a shame to see his career stall like this because when he returns from an injury, he seems to pick up another injury soon after which rules him out for even longer than before. I mean at the club I support we have a player called James Wilson who previously played for Manchester United and was really highly regarded back in the day, but unfortunately his career has also been plagued by injuries and now he never seems to be fit anymore which is a shame because if he wasn't so injury prone I believe he would be playing at a much higher level, in fact if these injuries hadn't have hampered his career he would still be playing at Manchester United or possibly another Premier League club as IMO he is far too good for League 1 when he is fully fit.

Reactions: 8
It is honestly such a shame to see his career stall like this because when he returns from an injury, he seems to pick up another injury soon after which rules him out for even longer than before. I mean at the club I support we have a player called James Wilson who previously played for Manchester United and was really highly regarded back in the day, but unfortunately his career has also been plagued by injuries and now he never seems to be fit anymore which is a shame because if he wasn't so injury prone I believe he would be playing at a much higher level, in fact if these injuries hadn't have hampered his career he would still be playing at Manchester United or possibly another Premier League club as IMO he is far too good for League 1 when he is fully fit.
I am honestly just not sure what way it will go with DCL now, I hate to seem pessimistic because I absolutely adored him, but it is so frustrating and I do feel sorry for him. I hope he has decent people around but some of the decisions made make me question that

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.