Footballers and Wags #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I came to post that, Dont tell anyone but I do like Pep
He might have finally lost the plot. City’s legal issues have done him in, might have to watch his press conference to see the headloss 🤣 Sorry that Slippy G has more CL’s than your club x

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Was there a single PL game today that didn't have at least one shocking ref/VAR decision? I'm only halfway through MOTD and the refs have had an absolute shocker. Can't believe Lee Mason, who was on the Arsenal–Brentford game, is still involved. He was moved to VAR-only not long after Nuno (in his Wolves days) noted that he, "doesn't have the quality to whistle in the Premier League" (unsurprisingly, Wolves have had some particularly dodgy decisions from him ever since, but we're def not alone there).

Reactions: 7
So watched Match of the Day and the ref told Neves that the second yellow was because Lemina was the third player to approach the ref. Nah since when was that a rule cause every game players crowd the ref. If that was the case teams would end up playing five a side 😭😭

Reactions: 6
So watched Match of the Day and the ref told Neves that the second yellow was because Lemina was the third player to approach the ref. Nah since when was that a rule cause every game players crowd the ref. If that was the case teams would end up playing five a side 😭😭
We had that with Herrera few Years back ridiculous

And these Var duck ups are gonna end up getting a team relegated/losing a trophy

if i were an arsenal fan I'd be absolutely SEETHING, jesus wept. how can the biggest, wealthiest league in the world have such staggering incompetence?

also, nathan jones is gone (which as an everton fan is :|)

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I have this feeling that Lampard or Marsch will end up taking the Southampton job.

Reactions: 1

if i were an arsenal fan I'd be absolutely SEETHING, jesus wept. how can the biggest, wealthiest league in the world have such staggering incompetence?

also, nathan jones is gone (which as an everton fan is :|)
I think it was Lee Mason that was involved in the disallowed goal at OT for Arsenal too.
If I were an Arsenal fan I would be livid. Either or both of those decisions could cost them the league.

Like you say - how is the wealthiest league in the world still getting it so wrong.

• Angry
Reactions: 7
Loving how rivals are calling out the premier League for being corrupt and its tit VAR yet when the PL are filing charges against city they are the best thing ever 🤣 You would think fans would be used to how tit things are now. Decisions go your way one week then against the other it's wank but it will never change

Reactions: 5
Loving how rivals are calling out the premier League for being corrupt and its tit VAR yet when the PL are filing charges against city they are the best thing ever 🤣 You would think fans would be used to how tit things are now. Decisions go your way one week then against the other it's wank but it will never change
pff we're British give us a chance to moan and we'll take it :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Standard of refereeing in English football is atrocious though. Really needs to be an investment in training and standards and accountability of refereeing.

Reactions: 16
I can see Marsch getting the USA men’s team job
Having come off the back of two huge failures, I think Marsch would be crazy to go for USMNT now (even though everyone knows he'd like the job). He's too committed to his system and I don't believe he would be able to cope with the mixed bag of players that come with a national team role.

Standard of refereeing in English football is atrocious though. Really needs to be an investment in training and standards and accountability of refereeing.
Yeah the standard of refereeing is so bad that nowadays they don't follow the rules of football as they make things up on the spot. For example they haven't clamped down on the time-wasting that teams do as they let them constantly get away with it, they don't follow the goalkeeper six-second rule, they don't understand what a handball is as them seem to give penalties for less obvious handballs and not give penalties for more obvious handballs and nowadays players seem to take forever to celebrate a goal and for some reason the referee allows this to happen.

Reactions: 4
But decisions go your way one and not another is not how it should be for any teams. All teams, no matter who, should expect basic levels of competency and consistency from the officials.

As for City having the charges filed - if they have broken rules then they should face sanctions. If they haven’t then they shouldn’t. Again this should be the case for all teams.

Was at our cup game yesterday in which Douglas Ross (the leader of the Scottish Conservative Party) was one of the linesmen. After our first goal it went to VAR for a check and this banner went straight up and the full stadium just erupted. Was absolutely magical 👏 Hope he never comes back.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
But decisions go your way one and not another is not how it should be for any teams. All teams, no matter who, should expect basic levels of competency and consistency from the officials.

As for City having the charges filed - if they have broken rules then they should face sanctions. If they haven’t then they shouldn’t. Again this should be the case for all teams.
I agree, we aren’t city rivals but I moaned about our decision cause it was bleeping dumb. If any player got that decision I would say it was ridiculous. If any club broken the rules City are accused of breaking i‘d say the same- if they’re found guilty they should take their punishment and if not then obviously they shouldn’t be

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.