Footballers and Wags #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They banned him from the Irish team. Ulster considered having him back, but I think the money game came into hand, they would lose sponsors (they did after those texts emerged of his little gang), and the bad pr- the captain at the time got a hammering for even going to the trail. so he was advised to go elsewhere and vanished to France for a bit, before making his way back to a semi Irish team. Money talks doesn’t it.
He wasn’t banned from the Irish team they just dropped him. They revoked his central contract meaning he wasn’t contracted for either Ireland or ulster. Ulster debated taking him back, but there was protests and petitions against it. There’s been talk of him coming back to Ireland and the ireland team, they think enough time has passed

Reactions: 6
100% and I bet she was getting a lot of stick of misogynistic men which probably influenced her decision
Yep, and he will have love bombed the duck out of her and her family because that’s what abusive men do. And it will take this happening to her loads before she goes sadly, but she will take it because look what happens if not, do you want someone saying you faked a video of being almost raped??
---

Paddy Jackson landed on his feet in a foreign country. I can see the same happen for greenwood, a short stint abroad and then back to England he comes. London Irish have lost a lot of supporters and sponsorship off the back of it, as they should. I hope the same happens in the football community
Yep our paddy did amazingly well. But I doubt football will do the same. I mean, for all the campaigns they do on bt, there’s never one about domestic violence even though research shows football loses increase it. Because men will stop paying for the game if they do that and then how will they pay all the players. It’s gone mental that money is so needed for players wages that we ignore these things

anyone else think he paid them off?
That was my first thought or love bombed the girl so much “I’m so sorry babe I’ll change, I love you heres lots of stuff”

I’m so disillusioned with modern day footballers that I don’t think any of them would. I’d say a huge number of them see women as nothing more than a living sex toy. Partey hasn’t been twatted by a teammate or opposition player, Ronaldo was idolised, I don’t believe for a second the Man City players didn’t know about Mendy and Gucci Grealish still rocked up to his sex parties. David Goodwillie, a convicted rapist was still signed by a club. Misogyny is so ingrained in football that nothing will be done.
This is all very true. Honestly I’d bet more on one of the lionesses speaking out than any male footballer

Reactions: 8
He wasn’t banned from the Irish team they just dropped him. They revoked his central contract meaning he wasn’t contracted for either Ireland or ulster. Ulster debated taking him back, but there was protests and petitions against it. There’s been talk of him coming back to Ireland and the ireland team, they think enough time has passed
Well, revoked his contract is what I meant, but banned is about the same wording really to me. He wasn’t allowed to play. Which was the right choice to do.
At least seeing that reaction, even if Man U play greenwood, the English fa are surely too smart to ever pick him when women’s football is a big spinner for them….. they just need to see how much flack the irfu took for pj. I mean, we shouldn’t even be debating him on a football thing, but it beggars belief that it’s the closest model to what happened in recent uk and Irish sport I can think of to compare and think of what football SHOULD do but probably won’t do. We shouldn’t even be having this debate tbh…..

Reactions: 3
That was my first thought or love bombed the girl so much “I’m so sorry babe I’ll change, I love you heres lots of stuff”

This is all very true. Honestly I’d bet more on one of the lionesses speaking out than any male footballer
None of them will speak out unfortunately, there’s too much at stake. PR and agents will tell them not to incase it jeopardises deals and clubs moves moving forward. It’s stupid but it’s more likely that an ex player will speak out then anyone currently playing

Reactions: 7
None of them will speak out unfortunately, there’s too much at stake. PR and agents will tell them not to incase it jeopardises deals and clubs moves moving forward. It’s stupid but it’s more likely that an ex player will speak out then anyone currently playing
Ex players speaking out makes me sad too, for all the pundits now, whilst you might get a Roy Keane, loyal to the wife, there’s the likes of Rio Ferdinand, Frank Lampard, Rooney, all about, and all have questionable reputations about how they treat women and for anyone with google, it will never be taken seriously. It jsut seems ingrained in the heart of a lot of sports sadly, that women are treated like crap. I’d love to see a proper study of whether those morals were inbuilt or have developed with a rising sense of importance, and ‘deserving of everything’ that some pro athletes seem to need to have to succeed.

Reactions: 9
Right thoughts on mudryk racial slurs in that TikTok video....he has said sorry, potter says he made a mistake and will learn from in moving forward.....my take is if it was someone calling a player a racial slur they would want them punished 🤷🏼‍♀️ is it different because he wasn't calling anyone it just singing or are they trying to justify it?

Reactions: 5
Those audio recordings of greenwood are horrific. How can this be brushed under the carpet because the witness withdrew the allegations?!
Because it's unwinnable. 'No he didn't hit me, I fell over and I lied about him hitting me because he'd upset me.'
'no he didn't force himself on me, I consented in the end.' etc etc.

Right thoughts on mudryk racial slurs in that TikTok video....he has said sorry, potter says he made a mistake and will learn from in moving forward.....my take is if it was someone calling a player a racial slur they would want them punished 🤷🏼‍♀️ is it different because he wasn't calling anyone it just singing or are they trying to justify it?
It’s as simple as this, if you are white you just do not say the word. Doesn’t matter if it’s part of a song or not, that’s no excuse. Not sure there’s much they can do to punish him though?

Reactions: 5
They’re probably excusing it because he was singing it and not calling someone it. It’s still wrong. He should be punished. Context doesn’t matter he still said it.

Regarding Greenwood , what could the new information be that they mention?

Reactions: 1
Could be anything from an inconclusive rape kit or evidence some of the bruises/injuries came from elsewhere. None of it obviously means he didn’t do it but coupled with witnesses who won’t comply and the burden of proof on the prosecution there’s no chance the CPS go ahead.

At least now if further info ever comes to light he can be charged again, no double jeopardy issues.

obviously I don't know anything and this is just a guess, but I imagine something like them living together for several months could be new information. unfortunately whilst it's sadly fairly common for the victim of intimate partner violence to be lovebombed into getting back with the perpetrator, i imagine it would be of great use for a defence lawyer. it's also not uncommon for victims who are back with the perpetrator to go back on their statement and try to come up with excuses for the perpetrator (for example, 'the recording was of cnc') in order to get the case to be dropped

ultimately, i really hope that she's okay and has people in her life looking out for her ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 15
obviously I don't know anything and this is just a guess, but I imagine something like them living together for several months could be new information. unfortunately whilst it's sadly fairly common for the victim of intimate partner violence to be lovebombed into getting back with the perpetrator, i imagine it would be of great use for a defence lawyer. it's also not uncommon for victims who are back with the perpetrator to go back on their statement and try to come up with excuses for the perpetrator (for example, 'the recording was of cnc') in order to get the case to be dropped

ultimately, i really hope that she's okay and has people in her life looking out for her ❤
He was rearrested for breaking his bail conditions in the summer wasn't he? Presumably because he had contact with her. Also if they have got back together or there has been an exchange of money (not saying there was) wouldn't that affect the case if it went to trial? That would open up a different angle for the defence.

They were spotted in his car. And there was talk of clothes being ordered for her and sent to MG’s house.

Could be anything from an inconclusive rape kit or evidence some of the bruises/injuries came from elsewhere. None of it obviously means he didn’t do it but coupled with witnesses who won’t comply and the burden of proof on the prosecution there’s no chance the CPS go ahead.

At least now if further info ever comes to light he can be charged again, no double jeopardy issues.
Double Jeopardy doesn't really exist in England and Wales now. The bar is relatively high, but if there's new evidence you can be tried for something you've already been acquitted of.

Reactions: 7
what a prick.
I’ll never be able to unhear the voice note, and people like him who will now go “oh the case was dropped, let him play” make me feel ill ffs, unreal behaviour. He’s using his platform to encourage others to feel the same too.

I’m seeing comments saying he has a daughter or 2 as well…

Reactions: 17
what a prick.
Urgh this guy! 😖 Put him in the same category as G Neville. Knobhead. Loves the sound of his own voice and is boring as hell.

ETH most likely won't have even met MG yet so it's unlikely he's going to put him back in the team yet. Utd will have to do their investigation which will they will either reach a mutual agreement to terminate his contract or have to bring him back into training and the team slowly, wind down his contract and then let him leave. Hopefully the investigation takes a long time 🤞🏼He won't be fit enough or won't know ETH way of working. They may not gel, or if he gets abuse from fans either his own or rival, it might drive him away. I would much rather the team terminate his contract but its whether there could be any comeback from that legally.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.