Footballers and Wags #40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

wtf is this?! cannot work it out, the tenses/phrasing used is very weird... has a deal been agreed and he's prematurely put out a statement, or is he begging to go?

the grass really is always greener. i hate how non big six clubs hugely struggle to keep their good players - it's a bit crushing, as a fan, to see a player go from being absolutely adored at their club to warming the bench and sometimes seeming less passionate about football at another 'bigger' club. i do wonder sometimes if any of them regret it

i know someone who knows moises and I've only heard good things about him, very surprised to see this (if he is beggining to go, that is). i saw something about him having a new agent - wonder if he's potentially being led astray by them? this just doesn't seem to be in his character

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 11

wtf is this?! cannot work it out, the tenses/phrasing used is very weird... has a deal been agreed and he's prematurely put out a statement, or is he begging to go?

the grass really is always greener. i hate how non big six clubs hugely struggle to keep their good players - it's a bit crushing, as a fan, to see a player go from being absolutely adored at their club to warming the bench and sometimes seeming less passionate about football at another 'bigger' club. i do wonder sometimes if any of them regret it

i know someone who knows moises and I've only heard good things about him, very surprised to see this (if he is beggining to go, that is)
I think it’s really disrespectful. I would be gutted if any Liverpool player posted something like this, fair enough if that’s how you feel but don’t post it all over social media.

Reactions: 13
I think footballers nowadays are getting worse with how they treat their clubs...Gordon refusing to train, mudryk and all his arsenal malarkey and now this it would be an immediate red flag to clubs if they act this way when they don't get their own way 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 17
Arsenal if they had won - haha we are gonna win it all city are tit...
Arsenal if they lost - mate not even bothered we are concentrating on the league 😏😏🤣🤣🤣
City city city 🙌🙌🙌💙💙💙
If City end up winning the league, then some (not all, I know) Arsenal fans will join the chorus of voices in saying the PL doesn’t matter a bit because the CL is the only thing that matters and City can’t win it. :LOL: It’s okay. Those fans honestly don’t annoy me too much. I just mentioned this on another thread that I’ve seen this happen many, many times in various sports across different countries: when a team is very good after years of being mediocre or terrible, the team will attract new fans (or re-attract old fans who’d become disillusioned) who are like zealous converts to a new cult and become intensely consumed with all things related to the team. You’d think their team invented the sport.:D

I understand it, I really do. In fact, sometimes I wish I could go back to my early fandom years when I was that intense.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think footballers nowadays are getting worse with how they treat their clubs...Gordon refusing to train, mudryk and all his arsenal malarkey and now this it would be an immediate red flag to clubs if they act this way when they don't get their own way 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️
It's not just a recent thing. The power players have has increased over the years and of the course the vast money they earn a week. Contracts mean nothing nowadays. It's like the players acting like toddlers to get their own way and sadly they do. I get wanting to better your life and get more money but what happened to loyalty? If the transfer request was refused then wait. If we leave our jobs most of us have a month to do in our notice time. These footballers stamp their feet and off they go!🤷‍♀️🤷

Reactions: 13
much appreciation for taking us to the UCL around of 16 Graham, but it’s time to pack those bags brother ❤

• Haha
Reactions: 10

i know someone who knows moises and I've only heard good things about him, very surprised to see this (if he is beggining to go, that is). i saw something about him having a new agent - wonder if he's potentially being led astray by them? this just doesn't seem to be in his character
I think he’s asking to be allowed to go if the bid comes in. Arsenal are the ones bidding…so I’m expecting Chelsea to bid too lol

Reactions: 9

He asked to break up and they said “let’s take a break” 😭 one thing about Brighton is they put a price on a player and don’t budge, either they know the bid’s coming in or they’re standing firm and making a point.

• Haha
Reactions: 19

He asked to break up and they said “let’s take a break” 😭 one thing about Brighton is they put a price on a player and don’t budge, either they know the bid’s coming in or they’re standing firm and making a point.
If he doesn’t play tomorrow at least we might actually only hold 3 goals instead of 5 😭

---

I have just been looking at the Premier League players who are out of contract in the summer and there are some very good players on that list.
1. Youri Tielemans
2. Wilfried Zaha
3. N'Golo Kante
4. Roberto Firmino
5. Ilkay Gundogan
6. David de Gea
7. Lucas Moura
8. Willian
9. Thiago Silva
Here is the full list of players out of contract in the Summer https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB1
Firmino has said he is staying so i’m assuming a new contract will be sorted soon. I expect Thiago Silva & Kante to stay at Chelsea too, I did see rumours about Gundogan to Barca but I can’t see it tbh.

Reactions: 5
I have just been looking at the Premier League players who are out of contract in the summer and there are some very good players on that list.
1. Youri Tielemans
2. Wilfried Zaha
3. N'Golo Kante
4. Roberto Firmino
5. Ilkay Gundogan
6. David de Gea
7. Lucas Moura
8. Willian
9. Thiago Silva
Here is the full list of players out of contract in the Summer https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB1
David de gea is gonna sign a new contract

Reactions: 3

Brighton aren’t stupid I don’t think… there is 4/5 days left of the transfer window, they can’t risk selling him because thats not a quick enough turn around for them to get another midfielder in (especially after mwepu had to retire recently as well). Surely they’ll hold out till the summer, as they should!!!

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.