Footballers and Wags #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I heard Liverpool are interested but we wanna keep him- understandable we only bought him in the summer and for a record fee but Romano said it’s likely he goes- Honestly transfer windows stress me out I cba with it all 😭
Yeah quite a few of our reliable journalists have said it’s pretty much a done deal for the summer but i’m not sure. Doesn’t help us now though so I would rather we didn’t bother 🤣

Reactions: 1
Just read that Everton CEO Denise Barrett-Baxendale was put in a headlock at Goodison Park after the Brighton defeat last week 😳 wtf!
i just don't know what to think about this

there's so much anger towards everton from supporters over pretty much everything - that's obviously never EVER an excuse for violence, but with the absolute fury towards the board, i can see how some rage-fuelled twit could target/attack baxendale like that

however, as someone else said, the timing of this is somewhat suspicious. plus, in the age of social media, i don't know how there wouldn't have been even be the vaguest of whispers floating around on social media for the past week. also usually when there's violence at a game, both the club and police will release a statement: there's been nothing. no arrests, no rumours, absolutely nothing

whilst everton haven't officially commented on it, it seems like the journalist who broke the news was briefed by the club. i don't think they'd lie about it, what an awful thing that'd be to lie about - the board may seem clueless, but i don't think, or at least i hope they're not stupid or cynical enough to make an awful situation absolutely noxious through lies

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
jesus christ. as if staying if we get relegated would even be up to yerry mina, and not the club being unable to pay his wages. seriously, what is that guy thinking? how can fans think that getting in a player's face like that will make them think 'oh yeah I'm going to try extra hard from now on like that random man shouting in my face told me to'? also, it's not like mina can be 'pep talked' (harassed) into not being injury prone is it

and "we want to meet the players", yeah I'm sure they'll be really up for that 😬. idiot

in the last 48 hours, the relationship between the club and fans has disintegrated scarily quickly. genuinely think we're the new sunderland

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I feel bad for Everton. The club and fan relationship seems to be awful :/

• Sad
city fans, please join my prayer circle that harry kane picks up a yellow card in the derby tomorrow so he’s ruled out of the city game midweek 😂🙏🏼📿🔮🧙🏼‍♀️✌🏼✨

• Haha
  • Heart
I generally think that if Everton get relegated they might slip down the divisions as they don't seem to have any money and can't even afford to sign anyone, I am also wondering what is going to happen to the new stadium if they do go down as it is due to open at the start of the 2024-25 season.

Reactions: 11
Heres a bit of positivity for my city girls on here. despite our crappy form if spurs beat arsenal tommorow which isnt beyond the realms of posibility with home team usually winning NLD. and we win our next 2 game we will be top by the time arsenal play united.

isnt it funny how despite our crappy form and arsenal playing out their skin were still on their coat tails.

also kane can you pretty please get a yellow tommorow that way your suspended for the game against city

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I generally think that if Everton get relegated they might slip down the divisions as they don't seem to have any money and can't even afford to sign anyone, I am also wondering what is going to happen to the new stadium if they do go down as it is due to open at the start of the 2024-25 season.
We have money, that isn’t the problem - we’re just not allowed to spend it lol as a result of gross mismanagement over the years
I feel bad for Everton. The club and fan relationship seems to be awful :/
It is, it’s why I’ve sort of wasn’t fully following this thread for a while as football in general just isn’t enjoyable anymore… I barely go on twitter now it’s just too toxic.
i just don't know what to think about this

there's so much anger towards everton from supporters over pretty much everything - that's obviously never EVER an excuse for violence, but with the absolute fury towards the board, i can see how some rage-fuelled twit could target/attack baxendale like that

however, as someone else said, the timing of this is somewhat suspicious. plus, in the age of social media, i don't know how there wouldn't have been even be the vaguest of whispers floating around on social media for the past week. also usually when there's violence at a game, both the club and police will release a statement: there's been nothing. no arrests, no rumours, absolutely nothing

whilst everton haven't officially commented on it, it seems like the journalist who broke the news was briefed by the club. i don't think they'd lie about it, what an awful thing that'd be to lie about - the board may seem clueless, but i don't think, or at least i hope they're not stupid or cynical enough to make an awful situation absolutely noxious through lies
I’m not buying that it’s happened really either - show me proof and i’ll accept it, as I said earlier - there’s a pub on that same road, you’re telling me that Denise got put in a headlock and spat at and no one reacted or caused a drama and it didn’t appear on twitter or go around Liverpool or get filmed or have the police or the club mention it since it would be ASSAULT. These things spread like wildfire and there’s not been a peep….. A lad was named and arrested within 2 days for throwing a lucozade bottle and this only gets mentioned 12 days later. I just think it’s the PR web being spun by the board to play victim - they did it with their statement.

Don’t get me wrong we’ve got some little head fans mind you as videos have shown tonight, tarnishing any hard work of those peacefully protesting

Edited to add: if this Denise headlock/assault happened then why didn’t Farhad Moshiri when he decided to his spur of the moment interview with Jim White say that fans have gone too far???

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
if Crystal Palace manage to get 3 points or a draw out of Chelsea today then I’ll be firmly camping out on Thiago Silva’s wife’s twitter page waiting… 🤣✌🏼

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.