Footballers and Wags #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
sending love and light today to anyone who’s been triggered by the news today. these verdicts can be hard to handle for anyone who’s been in a similar situation so please don’t feel like you need to be present on here today and take the time to process it away from here (it can get toxic with varying options and what not)

i’m just going to add that the statistics when it comes to sexual assault and rape are damning enough evidence. 2 out of 3 rapes don’t even get reported and those that do, only 1% of the cases lead to convictions. the system is broken and allows predators to continue to repeat offend. sending all my love to anyone who’s struggling today ❤🙏🏼 for what it’s worth, i believe you x

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I don’t sleep around so I can’t relate and nor did I say girls who put it about deserve to be raped but men get falsely accused all the time and it gives real victims of rape no hope.
Its hard to know the true stats as just like getting a conviction in a rape case, it'd I assume be just as hard to prove a accusation false.

I think it’s so sad for the girls, and also 6 allegations surely one of them has to be true. Also the shaming of women is not it, a woman can sleep with whoever many people she wants to, doesn’t change the fact if she says no to one of them and they violate her, that’s rape
I agree with you totally here it's absolutely disgusting. I think the issue what arose here is the actions of the girls (not all) some cause doubt in tbe jury's mind hence the out come.

It's totally wrong where a system uses girls actions to cause doubt against rape. I also think In my own mind the one who's case got dismissed played a big part in the doubt.

I also think mendy is likely some something. But I also think in terms of false accusations would probably happen more when defendent is a footballer.

Having followed some of the case I can't help but myself in the jurors shoes and hearing things like one of the defendants text messages about getting pregnant and stuff would put doubt in my mind. However on the other hand I also do think footballers think they can get away with it all (although in cases like this you've got to stick to the info your given)

I think it's just sad all around. Those victims that were probably raped in this case have to now live with that for the rest of their lives. I feel a bit angry at the case that was dismissed.

I hope also the.retrial for the first victim in june. Allows a case to be less impacted from other influences.

I think for me rape cases like this should have separate trials anyway because I domt think it's remotely fair how one victims case is highly likely going to be impacted by another victims case it should all be separate

Reactions: 5
Having followed some of the case I can't help but myself in the jurors shoes and hearing things like one of the defendants text messages about getting pregnant and stuff would put doubt in my mind. However on the other hand I also do think footballers think they can get away with it all (although in cases like this you've got to stick to the info your given)

I think it's just sad all around. Those victims that were probably raped in this case have to now live with that for the rest of their lives. I feel a bit angry at the case that was dismissed.
This is the bit I’m on fence with I do believe that there has more than likely been real rape victims in this case 9 counts is a lot, but girls like that don’t help when it’s clear they just want to trap a footballer or ruin his life.

What if this case is spun on its head and the girls are put on trial for false accusations?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
This is the bit I’m on fence with I do believe that there has more than likely been real rape victims in this case 9 counts is a lot, but girls like that don’t help when it’s clear they just want to trap a football or ruin his life.

What if this case is spun on its head and the girls are put on trial for false accusations?
I don't they are false accusations personally. Just because he got the not guilty verdict doesn't mean he didn't do it. I think there is evidence their that something went on I just think because of how the UK legal system works as it relates to doubt in order to find someone guilty. There's been enough doubt to find him not guilty. I do find something off though that even though there were 4 women on the jury he still got unanimous decisions rather than majority.

Reactions: 1
Defendants need to be convicted on compelling evidence, that shouldn't change and nobody should want that to change. Sadly, it makes convictions in rape cases very hard.

Reactions: 3
Donny van de Beek is out for the rest of the season. Guy cannot catch a break.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I don't they are false accusations personally. Just because he got the not guilty verdict doesn't mean he didn't do it. I think there is evidence their that something went on I just think because of how the UK legal system works as it relates to doubt in order to find someone guilty. There's been enough doubt to find him not guilty. I do find something off though that even though there were 4 women on the jury he still got unanimous decisions rather than majority.
I don’t think they are false either. Do people really believe that multiple women all woke up one day and decided to come together and falsely accuse a man of rape? Come on 🙄 Not guilty doesn’t equal innocent.

I know it’s just a friendly but to score a hattrick when 4 months ago you were receiving cancer treatment is amazing 🥺

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I feel so sad for the girls involved in this. I have a feeling it’s no “not enough evidence” rather than not guilty due to innocence. I hope they’re okay.

I wonder if City will play him

Reactions: 8
I feel so sad for the girls involved in this. I have a feeling it’s no “not enough evidence” rather than not guilty due to innocence. I hope they’re okay.

I wonder if City will play him
highly doubtful. there’s going to be a retrial for rape and attempted rape as the jurors couldn’t agree on a verdict so technically he could still be found guilty of those charges in the future. i’m guessing that’s the one with more evidence but this is all just conjecture at this point. he’ll face trail again in the summer with a new jury.

Reactions: 7
some drama between leandro trossard and roberto di zerbi - not sure why but I really didn't see this coming?! brighton always seem fairly drama free

• Wow
Reactions: 12
some drama between leandro trossard and roberto di zerbi - not sure why but I really didn't see this coming?! brighton always seem fairly drama free

Trossard’s been throwing a strop ever since the World Cup. I reckon he was banking on having a standout tournament to put him in the shop window for the big clubs, but he/Belgium flopped so that didn’t work out. Came back immediately wanting out but we will not sell below our valuation, so he’s thrown his toys out of the pram and released that statement full of contradictions. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Disappointing for it to end this way, he’s been a top player for us. As you said - we don’t like drama, he’s done here.

Reactions: 10

I’m sure he can follow Potter to Chelsea, I mean they are going for every man and their dog

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Nooo....Trossard, Digne and Zaha are the biggest FPL trolls of all! I've been burned too many times before. (Digne proving my point tonight, though hopefully, his injury isn't too bad.)

Also, how have Leeds not scored in this game?!

Reactions: 5
lmao babe same, but i managed to sell him before the window shut and have threw Groß in there instead
He was only on my bench this week but for next week i've sold him for Rashford. God I hope the Laura jinx doesnt happen as that poor lad deserves better

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.