Footballers and Wags #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder how many other WAGS are in the same situation this week 🤣

Footballers playing FIFA always makes me laugh, I doubt Tiger Woods plays PGA Tour on an Xbox… 🤣

Tiger "120 affairs" Woods is probably busy twiddling with another stick and I'm not talking an XBox controller.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Last game for Scotland tonight, if we win or draw we win our group. duck knows what that means with the Nations League as I have no clue what it is but it’s good to win something 😂 I know the Nations league helped us qualify for the euros but I don’t actually know how/why 🤣
I think because we’ve been promoted to League A we get an automatic play off spot for the upcoming Euro qualifiers apparently, which may come in handy knowing us 👍

Reactions: 2
Yeah I was doing a bit of research about it and that that seems to be the case. Chuffed with that, it’s been fab watching Scotland this international break. I only wish they put up as good a fight against Ukraine when it REALLY mattered!

Reactions: 3
This has killed me. Imagine being coached by one of the best managers in the world, only to have GARETH SOUTHGATE try and tell you what you need to improve on, the guy has won nothing in his entire managerial career and won about 2 trophies as a player. I hope Trent laughed in his face 😭

Reactions: 5
This has killed me. Imagine being coached by one of the best managers in the world, only to have GARETH SOUTHGATE try and tell you what you need to improve on, the guy has won nothing in his entire managerial career and won about 2 trophies as a player. I hope Trent laughed in his face 😭

Tbf, it’s not far off bringing correct. Trent is excellent on the ball and going forward but defensively he is poor. This has always been the case but he plays in a Liverpool team that suit his attacking abilities and only recently when Liverpool have dropped has his weaknesses been highlighted. While Trippier is not at his level going forward is a more rounded player albeit reaching max 60-70% talent wise? And for a conservative manager like Southgate he would much rather have a dependable, defensively solid player who is a 6 than a player like Trent who is a 9 going forward but a 4 defensively.

Chances are in a years time Southgate won’t be manager so Trent should just sit back and wait for the new manager.

Reactions: 10
Tbf, it’s not far off bringing correct. Trent is excellent on the ball and going forward but defensively he is poor. This has always been the case but he plays in a Liverpool team that suit his attacking abilities and only recently when Liverpool have dropped has his weaknesses been highlighted. While Trippier is not at his level going forward is a more rounded player albeit reaching max 60-70% talent wise? And for a conservative manager like Southgate he would much rather have a dependable, defensively solid player who is a 6 than a player like Trent who is a 9 going forward but a 4 defensively.

Chances are in a years time Southgate won’t be manager so Trent should just sit back and wait for the new manager.
My point is more to do with someone with Southgate with his credentials and record, he has an absolute cheek to be telling others what they need to work on. I know it’s his job and he has to but how he ever got the job in the first place is beyond me. Trent actually isn’t as poor defensively as people like to try and make out. People see a few viral videos and all of a sudden he “can’t defend”. The whole reason people are annoyed is because he says things like this implying that he’s picking on current form etc, yet would rather play Maguire & Shaw than another young promising player. The whole thing is so weird and it will be good to see a new england manager who actually knows how to deal with world class players, because Southgate doesn’t have a scooby.

It’s alright saying sit back and wait but players like Trent & Tomori shouldn’t have to. Any decent manager would recognise their talents and at least attempt to make it work, this clown doesn’t even try which is what makes it so irritating. He has had the perfect opportunities to switch it up but nah let’s play Maguire, Walker & Trippier for the rest of time. Favouritism and nostalgia is what’s going to stop this england team from winning trophies sadly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Yeah I was doing a bit of research about it and that that seems to be the case. Chuffed with that, it’s been fab watching Scotland this international break. I only wish they put up as good a fight against Ukraine when it REALLY mattered!
I know, typical Scotland! We’ve got a great team just now, onwards and upwards! 🙌👍

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Worst part about this Southgate/Trent debarcle is how much public critcism he’s giving a 23 year old who’s won it all - yet sticks up for 29 year old Maguire and says “we need to support him” and is having heart to hearts according to Matt Law🤣 Pick and choose Gareth how you Treat your players publically - still not over the Tomori treatment either.

The Euros were great but as Claude from AFTV would say “its time to go”. I can’t enjoy an England game when we have some of the best attacking talent in years and he can’t utilise them properly. I’m just gonna be rooting for my club players at this WC tbh not so much England or a country. Would love Argentina to win it for Romero… and obviously Messi 😂

Reactions: 13
Worst part about this Southgate/Trent debarcle is how much public critcism he’s giving a 23 year old who’s won it all - yet sticks up for 29 year old Maguire and says “we need to support him” and is having heart to hearts according to Matt Law🤣 Pick and choose Gareth how you Treat your players publically - still not over the Tomori treatment either.

The Euros were great but as Claude from AFTV would say “its time to go”. I can’t enjoy an England game when we have some of the best attacking talent in years and he can’t utilise them properly. I’m just gonna be rooting for my club players at this WC tbh not so much England or a country. Would love Argentina to win it for Romero… and obviously Messi 😂
This!

Thinking about England players, on balance we are defensively weaker than attack. With the players available to Gareth, with the right system, there should be a belief that we.can outscore any opponent. Now that's not to say forget defence, but scoring one and parking the bus is what cost England the Euros final. And he hasn't learnt his lesson, got more defensive it feels.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
This generation is wasted on Southgate and his tactics. I’d take anyone else at this point. Get Sean Dyche in

Reactions: 12

His treatment of Toney was poor too, pick him and let him do all the press only to leave him out of the match day squad. He must have felt like a right twit and then to top it off doesn’t even give him a few minutes against Germany. He’s got a handful of players who can do no wrong but his treatment of the rest is pretty tit.

Reactions: 11

The way he treats players is baffling. Sancho, Maddison and maybe even Rashford all deserved to be called up based on recent form but instead he goes with the same players he’s used since 2017. Chilwell should also have been given a chance imo, maybe not in big games but like I said there have been so many smaller games/friendlies where Southgate could have tried something new.

Yeah it’s the double standards. I’m not trying to say Trent should be starting every single game because obviously there are other players who can get the job done, but to not even be included must be tit. Like you said he’s won it all and has probably won more individual awards than most of the others in his position, yet he has this clueless manager who doesn’t know how to use him 😂

Is he forgetting what happened just minutes after the euros loss in 2021? I really hope this is out of context and he didn’t actually say this because if so then wow…

Reactions: 6
This lad is a bit of a cardboard cutout but he's giving it something today. I wouldn't kick him out.

IMG_1138 - Copy.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 11
He's always been a bit of a sort! 😍😍
I'm really getting into French football!
Nice has a good looking team, they've got Joe Bryan, Ramsey, Morgan Schneiderlin, Mario Kemina and Ross Barkley who has the best arse in football IMO.

And they have Andy Delort too 🥵

Andy Delort - Copy.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I'm really getting into French football!
Nice has a good looking team, they've got Joe Bryan, Ramsey, Morgan Schneiderlin, Mario Kemina and Ross Barkley who has the best arse in football IMO.

And they have Andy Delort too 🥵

View attachment 1610875
I don't know what Eden Hazard's arse is looking like these days, but his Chelsea days arse was up there as World Class. I assume he still has great cake.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.