Footballers and Wags #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hmm, the poor football fans that have already spent money on tickets, hotels and travel for this weekend. Doubt my brother and cousin will be getting £100 refunds on their train travel to Manchester… 😬
That’s two weekends with no football, so stupid although it means Liverpool can’t ruin my weekend I guess 😭 I can totally understand postponing next weekends games as that’s the funeral weekend, but there’s absolutely no reason to be postponing any others.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Was always going to happen, this hasn’t happened for 70 years so shouldn’t really have been a surprise regardless of what you think about her. Plans have been in place for years.

• Sick
Reactions: 3
Is it just this weekend?

It’s an already packed schedule so wonder when they’re going to play them

Feel for everyone who’s paid money on tickets, travel & accomodation and probably won’t be able to get it refunded though.

Depending on what happens funeral wise, it might not even be on next weekend. So no PL football till after the international break possibly!

• Sad
  • Wow
Oh I suppose cause they’ll have to have the funeral.

Wonder what happens with the CL/EL games. Do the UK teams forfeit?

Reactions: 2
Oh I suppose cause they’ll have to have the funeral.

Wonder what happens with the CL/EL games. Do the UK teams forfeit?
CL is UEFA so I doubt they will be postponed and I think UK teams will still play, only reason PL games are being postponed it’s because it’s based and run in the UK.

Supposedly UEFA have requested the aviva stadium in Dublin in case matches aren’t allowed to go ahead in England next week

Reactions: 1
i feel for the zero hour contract workers who rely on the money they bring in being stewards, catering staff, who will find themselves without work this weekend in the midst of a scary cost of living crisis. also feel sorry for the folk who’ve spent money on hotels, travel etc. to be able to attend games. hopefully the companies will be able to compensate them so they’re not out of pocket.

Reactions: 14
football cancelled out of respect and to honour the mourning period but everyone still got to go to work and keep the economy alive and well 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 13
So how many footballers are going to use the “weekend off” mourning period to get in trouble.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
So how many footballers are going to use the “weekend off” mourning period to get in trouble.
Considering the Trevor Sinclair situation I imagine they’re all being briefed on social media etiquette and ‘appropriate’ behaviour as we speak (not that it won’t stop a few of them).

Considering the Trevor Sinclair situation I imagine they’re all being briefed on social media etiquette and ‘appropriate’ behaviour as we speak (not that it won’t stop a few of them).
Yeah I can imagine they’d be told don’t go out and make a scene! Most of them will just be told to go training at their clubs as usual.

Would be a bit yikes if a few of them went out on the piss, or went away on a holiday or whatever but I’m sure a few of the usual suspects will 😅

I think it's the wrong decision to postpone imo. You'll get players out on the piss...isn't exactly a mark of respect to the Queen. We're all expected to continue to work, but multi millionaire players won't be.
Just my opinion....x

Reactions: 8
Some clubs might organise friendlies behind close doors but at the end of day what has been decided is it. Yes people had plans might not get money back, though I doubt companies would not want bad press, so should get refunds or maybe credit. Not great for those who work at the grounds as not getting paid. Maybe those millionaires could help out? 🤔

Reactions: 6
Happy to see this. I saw something earlier as well about city continuing to pay workers which is good. People might say it’s “just football” but this is peoples livelihood that is impacted.

Reactions: 16
Happy to see this. I saw something earlier as well about city continuing to pay workers which is good. People might say it’s “just football” but this is peoples livelihood that is impacted.

I was just about to post that along with this from Man City

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.