Footballers And Wags #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Slightly aside : how on earth does Abbey Clancy look so amazing, as a Mum of four? Her recent pics in the DM - she's so long and lean, and perfect !

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The Lingard situation is troubling. The one year contract is sensible - no liability for those wages if relegated and not lumbered paying them if they stay up. But what is this going to do to their wage structure? How do they negotiate contract extensions with players on £17,000 a week, who will now quite rightly want more? How do they sign new, better players next season and expect them to join Forest for a reasonable wage when they know a 29 year old who has been mainly average in a stronger side is getting paid gold pigs?

Lingard seems like a hard working guy and while he’s not everyone’s cup of tea with the dancing etc, I do get the impression he’s someone other players like to be around. That *might* prevent the other possible issue - his new teammates getting a case of the green eyed monster.

Lingard is wanted there and under zero pressure - he might have a really great time. But there’s a bigger picture which I’m not sure Forest are looking at.

Reactions: 14
I have a suspicion that Forest are looking at it as "Stay in the Premier League at almost any cost and we'll work out where to go from there next June".

Reactions: 11
I have a suspicion that Forest are looking at it as "Stay in the Premier League at almost any cost and we'll work out where to go from there next June".
Don't see it that way at all. Except for Lingard there's hardly negative signings. They had a few loan signings last season so they have all gone back to parent clubs. So do need more signings to replace them each season most newly promoted clubs spend big as they have to compete Norwich did Fulham did and both have gone down and back up again. Not saying Forest are gonna stay up, but they might with a very knowledgeable Manager. Who knows. But all this fuss over 1 big name signing is funny as it's been done before. His wages might not be as much as people say. Look at Ronaldo when ge resigned got Unired the shirt salesin a week were daft.

Reactions: 4
I really don’t think Ronaldo to Man United and Jlingz to Forest is a reasonable comparison 😂
Not comparing the players ffs, comparing the sales the club will make club shop wise. Yes won't be as much at Utd but their ground is more than double Forest isn't it.

Reactions: 3
Slightly aside : how on earth does Abbey Clancy look so amazing, as a Mum of four? Her recent pics in the DM - she's so long and lean, and perfect !
I seen her once in Glasgow airport, think she was on the Strictly tour at the time, and I couldn’t believe how skinny she was. The actual seam of her jeans nearly covered her whole leg, that’s how skinny she was!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Not comparing the players ffs, comparing the sales the club will make club shop wise. Yes won't be as much at Utd but their ground is more than double Forest isn't it.
Ronaldo and Man United have a much, much bigger global appeal though. I just can’t see Forest fans queuing out the door for Lingard merch, especially when they already know he’ll be gone this time next year.

Reactions: 2
Isnt he shirt sales thing a myth anyway? as club get the same amount from the shirt companies no matter how many they sell

Reactions: 2
Isnt he shirt sales thing a myth anyway? as club get the same amount from the shirt companies no matter how many they sell
Depends on the club, the brand and the contract. Heard it being discussed on the Price of Football podcast.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.