Footballers and WAGS #24

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well if its true about Xhaka then Arsenal fans will be happy as he'll be gone. Arteta won't want him.
They seem to be getting rid of a lot of players atm.

Reactions: 4
Well if its true about Xhaka then Arsenal fans will be happy as he'll be gone. Arteta won't want him.
They seem to be getting rid of a lot of players atm.
Only the deadwood though. Clearly the future is the younger players, the older players like Xhaka, the striker whose name I aren't even gonna try to spell.

Reactions: 4
Hasn’t he had a lot of red cards too Xhaka? And obvious reds 👀👀
of the limited number of arsenal games I've seen, xhaka seems very prone to getting stupid and obvious red cards - it seems to be his thing (which i imagine really pisses off his team). i thought it was just down to a lack of self control/ability to moderate his emotions but woooow all of this certainly is interesting 👀👀

also, not sure if anyone followed all of the things romaine molina (football journalist who has been pretty key in investigating/revealing some scandals) said about the football industry a few months back, including stuff about how prevalent match fixing is, but it really made me think

i wonder how many clubs in the uk and across europe are currently laundering money or have laundered money... i guess these types of things shouldn't be a surprise in an industry where there's a pretty disgusting amount of money and often times a lack of transparency/accountability

Reactions: 9
I bet Xhaka is not the only one. There’s gotta be at least a few more who have done it and got away with it because it wasn’t a lot of money or a booking for something dumb.

Like they’re not supposed to gamble either but I would say a few of them stick money on other leagues etc

Reactions: 9
Seems like the PL is discussing with clubs in order to change the rules and make postponements harder.

I will look at any "higher" profile player that joins Newcastle at the moment. Not just because of the shady ownership (I'm a Chelsea fan and our owner isn't exactly squeaky clean himself) but also because it just shows they're doing it for the money. People keep going on about the Newcastle project and bla bla bla. No player that Newcastle signs now will be part of the project. The main concern is staying up. Challenging for top 4 will take at least 4/5 years. And all the players that are now being linked won't be considered good enough when the time comes and will be replaced by actual world-class players.

I said the same for Trippier but if Lingard wants to be back on Southgate's radar, then Newcastle is risky. He'll play and he'll look good (and he'll get whatever wages he wants) but that squad needs a complete overhaul, not just a few new faces. They could still retain their place in the Premier League but there's also still a real and undeniable chance that they won't. Lingard happy to play in the Championship? I don't see it!

Incidentally, I saw something on Twitter (what a source!) that suggested that the incoming players to Newcastle will not be offered a relegation clause. Again, a massive risk for someone like Lingard and indeed anyone who signs for Newcastle, as they won't be under pressure to sell players if they do go down.

I bet Xhaka is not the only one. There’s gotta be at least a few more who have done it and got away with it because it wasn’t a lot of money or a booking for something dumb.

Like they’re not supposed to gamble either but I would say a few of them stick money on other leagues etc
I'm sure some of them do find ways to bet on their own leagues as well, but they're not stupid enough to get caught. Xhaka is dumb is a rock.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.