Food & Drink #8 I like ALL the things

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It didn’t go anywhere just stayed moored up 😅
Still sounds a bit iffy 😂

Bought 6 small bottles of cider, because weird rules mean one bottle was $5.60, but somehow a multipack was $15. Now maths was never my strong subject, but that makes no sense. So I shall be getting slightly tipsy, making stew (goodness knows why, it's 36C, but we've been obsessed with having it since we saw James Martin making it the other night) and will save a bottle to make Normandy chicken from the Jane Ashley book Home Economics.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Looks like they’re bouncers off the tuxedo princess
I fully cannot cope with how fucked up these quotes

I know! I am new to this you know! and you are familiar with the tuxedo princess?? it was my spiritual home in 2000 ish! ❤
The Tuxedo Princess! Does it still exist? Our paths may have crossed back in 2000, but I would never remember because drinks were so cheap.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Thanks to the mold chat, you've reminded me I need to check a bedroom for this. One wall is a bit of a battle, but I feel a bit better knowing its pretty normal for oldish houses.

Also, I could swear Karl Kennedy was at my uni too one night, must've been about 2004-2005ish? 🔺️ My friends wanted to go, but I wasn't arsed, so I cant remember much about it!

• Haha
  • Heart
Fraus I've had 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep and I feel so young, fresh and free 💃 that I could tackle even a club on a boat despite it sounding like a potential death trap? What if someone fell overboard drunk?!

I'm going to attempt a lockdown haircut today, v late to the game, controversially with a beard trimmer ala JM - going to use it in the same way I did my husband's side burns when I cut his, like turn it around and just zap my rat tails off? Has anyone else done theirs? It's now been a year since I've gotten my hair cut, I was due in January but work kept getting in the way, and then by March it was game over.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
We saw each other at the weekend but I've cooled on him a bit because he admitted something I was a bit HMMMM about as a feminist (I realise I'm doing that annoying thing that teases scandal but doesn't go into detail...sorry!).

Anyway my ex has revealed he is in town this weekend and has asked to see me...so there might be a whole new ill-advised gossip to impart 😬 (we do not do well at not sleeping together when we meet up). I am going to really TRY and be aloof and unavailable though.
Aloof, unavailable ice queen, just like Bridget!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Frau's am still working from home but finally went for a socially distanced 6 to a table pub garden drink last night. It was nice but now like a naughty school girl I feel guilty this morning 😬 2020, what are you doing to us?!

It was cold though. No patio heater because it was under a festooned marquee.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The Tuxedo Princess! Does it still exist? Our paths may have crossed back in 2000, but I would never remember because drinks were so cheap.

sadly, it's long gone. 😢

ee, that's cool that our paths may have crossed! I *know* I had many deep and meaningful chats in the toilets and corridors, but I cannot recall a single person I spoke to, due to large amounts of WKD 🙃

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Thanks to the mold chat, you've reminded me I need to check a bedroom for this. One wall is a bit of a battle, but I feel a bit better knowing its pretty normal for oldish houses.

Also, I could swear Karl Kennedy was at my uni too one night, must've been about 2004-2005ish? 🔺️ My friends wanted to go, but I wasn't arsed, so I cant remember much about it!
he came to my uni around that time too and alept with a fresher 🤢

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
he came to my uni around that time too and alept with a fresher 🤢
Ughhhh. Uni club nights always manage to get some weird guests. I remember mine once had 2 of the least popular singers from S Club 7, when they were has-beens.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Ughhhh. Uni club nights always manage to get some weird guests. I remember mine once had 2 of the least popular singers from S Club 7, when they were has-beens.
we also had that guy who hosted fun house (cannot remember his name) no idea wht he even did as its not like he sang/performed

• Haha
The tickets for all our freshers stuff were SO expensive (Oxbridge rejects uni) I never went but just googled it and it was Eoghan Quigg the little boy from the X Factor - imagine if you'd spent £60 on a ticket you'd be bleeping fewmin you only got a child and not a 90s sex pest like everyone else?

The only organised thing I did go to was a comedy thing with Simon from the Inbetweeners, despite him still being on TV/at his peak (eg not just voice over work for every ad on TV as at present) it was the cheapest thing by far for like £15! It was really good, surprised he doesn't do more comedy stuff now?!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Pat Sharp? Were the twins with him?
honestly they could have been, i was so drunk i hVe no idea 😂

The tickets for all our freshers stuff were SO expensive (Oxbridge rejects uni) I never went but just googled it and it was Eoghan Quigg the little boy from the X Factor - imagine if you'd spent £60 on a ticket you'd be bleeping fewmin you only got a child and not a 90s sex pest like everyone else?

The only organised thing I did go to was a comedy thing with Simon from the Inbetweeners, despite him still being on TV/at his peak (eg not just voice over work for every ad on TV as at present) it was the cheapest thing by far for like £15! It was really good, surprised he doesn't do more comedy stuff now?!
im just envisioning an ad for a uni night with " ... and special guest, 90s sex pest..." written on it 😂

• Haha

We also had 2 of the Vengaboys (a man dressed as a sailor and a woman in gold lycra) and Chesney Hawkes - who tried to sing some of his newer songs, but everyone kept bellowing 'the one and only' at him until he got into a huff, threw his microphone on the floor and stormed off stage :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: poor man should have realised a room full of drunk students wasn't the best time to try and be a 'serious arteeest'

ETA - sounds like we went to similar kind of unis - I could only afford the tickets for uni events due to my evenings moonlighting as a fluffy Russian - am forever in Vlad's debt

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

On a slight tangent, but I always used to think that was pronounced 'Egon' and was quite disappointed when I heard someone say it out loud!
Egon is cool (Ghostbusters, not Ronay)

• Haha
We also had 2 of the Vengaboys (a man dressed as a sailor and a woman in gold lycra) and Chesney Hawkes - who tried to sing some of his newer songs, but everyone kept bellowing 'the one and only' at him until he got into a huff, threw his microphone on the floor and stormed off stage :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: poor man should have realised a room full of drunk students wasn't the best time to try and be a 'serious arteeest'

ETA - sounds like we went to similar kind of unis - I could only afford the tickets for uni events due to my evenings moonlighting as a fluffy Russian - am forever in Vlad's debt
I'm a drop out, I prob missed a lot of minor celebrity encounters. Biggest life regret 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I seem to recall we had some Vengaboys too! I didn't go to any of my freshers events - I was already dating a third year by the time I started uni so I thought I was *far* too cool for fresher stuff :ROFLMAO:. I did enjoy the odd foam party though... looking back, it's unclear why!

I once went to a club on a boat. It was, err, a sex club though... :oops: - you definitely wouldn't want to fall off deck in that place 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.